Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Justa said:

But it’s his style of football to pass around at the back ? The instructions come from him ?

You really won't find many teams in the top two divisions who don't give it to and trust their keeper in the same situation we  conceded from. 

Might as well just rename all passing football as fannying about with it.

Can’t stand this formation and the way we set up in it. I know we look better in it than 4-2-3-1 but we still don’t look good, we still don’t win games.

Need more men in midfield, it’s all very well having Knight and a Shinnie battling but no ones stepping up and being creative or moving with the ball. Why are we giving Curtis Davies playing time over Bird and Sibley? Are they in any worse form than Rooney? We won one game with Davies in the side and everyone wet themselves about effort and heart and determination. Haven’t won a game since with this formation. Do I even need to mention Rooney up top?

We have talented young attacking players, ball playing defenders like Bielik/Clarke and good midfielders. Bloody build around them!

HT 0-1. A scintillating half of football that had me on the edge of my seat. We go in a goal down to a worldie we really couldn't do anything about.

We've created dozens of golden chances but somehow haven't scored any; tremendously unlucky. If we play the same again second half you'd have to believe we'll win. 

Archived