Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lander said:

Can someone with COVID go and deliver Rooney another watch please during the international break?

At least we have Jozwiak to look forward to.

I've got 'Rona and a broken Vostok watch he can have as a token of Derby fans appreciation of his efforts in a rams shirt.

Would go right away but I'm self isolating until Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

Can’t stand this formation and the way we set up in it. I know we look better in it than 4-2-3-1 but we still don’t look good, we still don’t win games.

Need more men in midfield, it’s all very well having Knight and a Shinnie battling but no ones stepping up and being creative or moving with the ball. Why are we giving Curtis Davies playing time over Bird and Sibley? Are they in any worse form than Rooney? We won one game with Davies in the side and everyone wet themselves about effort and heart and determination. Haven’t won a game since with this formation. Do I even need to mention Rooney up top?

We have talented young attacking players, ball playing defenders like Bielik/Clarke and good midfielders. Bloody build around them!

I do wonder... They had that big meeting. You would think the players got what they want. I am not defending the manager here but if he gives the players what they want, they have to do it. Since that meeting the young players have dropped out, Bird, Whittaker.. Sibley despite being fit.

We really are in a sorry mess.

No sympathy we set up to keep it tight, hustle and bustle a win over Barnsley. 

There’s three certainties in life; death, taxes and Derby conceding so why we play so negative is beyond me. 

We’re an embarrassment and personally I think the buck stops at Cocu but the players need to look in the mirror. 

Bottom of the league as it stands, below Wycombe Wanderers and Sheffield Wednesday, who started the season with a points deduction.

We have a goal difference of -11, and have won one game.

At what point do you just have to say enough is enough?

I don’t know what Marshall was thinking .. I really don’t 

he had Curtis free and unmarked about 10ft away from him but instead elects to go across his own goal

i literally don’t know what to say 

we’re in a ducking relegation fight here ladies and gents make no bones about it 

Just seen the bench, why is Jozwiak not starting?

Not sure why both Waghorn and Rooney are starting, can't carry two players and wait for free kicks. They both look slow and no confidence in scoring. Lawrence hasn't looked much better than them over the last few games either.

Think we look reasonably good in defence and midfield, but if you never look like scoring, you are gonna keep losing.

Is it still 5 league goals this season? 3 direct free kicks and 2 scrambles?

Archived