Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I don’t know what Marshall was thinking .. I really don’t 

he had Curtis free and unmarked about 10ft away from him but instead elects to go across his own goal

i literally don’t know what to say 

we’re in a ducking relegation fight here ladies and gents make no bones about it 

Because you know passing to Davies just means he will get the ball back straight away.

Its just a bad pass. If he takes the safe option all the time we moan that the play is too slow.

Great strike by their player to go back across Marshall as well. He got his head up and saw Marshall sprinting back.

No need for Davies to be playing. 

We have this tendency to want to walk the ball in, the game is dying for shots from the edge of the box. Lawrence, Rooney, Waggy and Knight can all score from there but don't.

Its not wrist slitting stuff, we have had chances, so have they, we have shaded the first half but still 1-0 down... come on you rams 2nd half.

Would like to see Richards on for waggy, Jozniak for Rooney and sibley for lawrence.

Better not see Holmes warming up to come on!

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Do you know, I don't rate Shinnie at all but never said anything because I thought it was just me

He's Craig Bryson in defensive midfield. A terrible place for Bryson to play. 

He's not a Championship central midfielder. Has the odd decent game and people jazz about him. 

Don't really care if its just me and you who thinks it. We are bottom of the league because we cannot dominate, create and score from midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bottom of the league as it stands, below Wycombe Wanderers and Sheffield Wednesday, who started the season with a points deduction.

We have a goal difference of -11, and have won one game.

At what point do you just have to say enough is enough?

And yet amazingly a lot of people are still behind Cocu ?!

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m in the Cocu out camp have been for weeks. I’m just cutting him some slack today.

Still his selection...

There's more than enough in terms of players to be perfectly average in the division, we're loads less than the sum of our parts.

I'm not a poster who usually wants to have managers sacked, but, I'm convinced this can't go on.

Call it the dead cat bounce if you like but the squad just need a change to get the belief back and start being a team again.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Think you're right, Kernow.

Blackburn was a big eye opener and it hasn't really improved since then, over 90 mins.

Nightmare.

That's the main concern with the impending takeover. Why would Mel pay the reported £4mil to get rid of Cocu when it's not his problem in a few weeks, fan or not?

We need a decision to be made asap. I can't see Cocu lasting much longer regardless of the owner, so prolonging it will only hinder our ability to get out this hole. Use the international break wisely, don't waste it on someone without a future here only to get rid of him after the following game.

This is the thing 

ok Marshall’s ducked up today 

but it’s symptomatic of cocu’s regime 

how many goals have we conceded under cocu where we’ve had good solid possession on for 10 seconds later the ball is in the back of our net 

his tactics and philosophy are not meant for the championship... get him out before it’s too late 

1 minute ago, mossjram said:

sibley joz and ckr all on for me, lawrence waghorn and shinnie off, have to risk something to win something when you are bottom of the league, draws no good need TWO!

Sibley and Joz yes for Rooney and Shinnie.

4-3-3 please!

Move Bielik to holding midfielder.

Archived