Derby County v Barnsley: Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just imagine how dire this season would look if we'd been handed a points deduction. ?

Meanwhile Barnsley almost score again; shot across goal rolls just wide. 

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

Weren't these the 3 players we were waiting for to save our season?

No it was the 3 players who the delusion thought were needed to come in and play for half a season or more before they were prepared to admit Cocu wasn't doing a very good job actually. 

Bielik with a great ball up towards Buchanan in the area who gets up to it and heads it down to Waghorn. Waggy lays it off to Knight who's shot is weak and blocked. Great, great chance.

Derby give away a FK on the edge of our area to stop a Barnsley break. 

1 minute ago, Longeatonram2020 said:

Just boggles the mind how much we’re struggling with a good set of players. Minus the loanees this squad personnel wise is streets ahead of Lampards. 

I see a lot of people saying we have a good squad. I don't agree. Waghorn and Lawrence are bog standard mid table championship footballers who we vastly overpaid for after they had one good season, and they are the shining lights in this team that we rely heavily on to score and create anything. We have an incredibly mediocre squad.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Passing it around has its faults but that goals not relevant to them.
That goal is not the fault of "playing it out" style. There was no pressure on anyone. In a more common Championship system the goalkeeper would have passed it to a defender too because they were all in tons of space.

It wasn't the 'instructions' or 'the system'; it was just a howler, plain and simple. 

Ok perhaps I was harsh - it does seem to be one excuse after another.

If we don’t get back into this game it’s a different matter though...

Archived