Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So so poor.  Poor marking. Poor passing. Poor decisions. Poor pressing. Poor tracking.  Totally p*** poor.  I'm on record for give him time, let's get the players back etc, but we take a couple of steps forward then this. No crowds is making for soulless football.  I'd almost rather it was shelved until fans were allowed back altho appreciate that would be the demise of many clubs. I like Cocu and take my hat off for what he's dealt with and how he comes across but enough's enough. This is DCFC ffs, I don't expect us to be top but second bottom after 10 games; you're having a laugh.  Maybe plans are already afoot with the buy out, I hope so but right now I'm thoroughly peed off ?

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

That was on the players tonight in my opinion and I think the fans are giving them a huge let off at the minute. The attitude is shocking, from senior players to boot. It’s summed up in the few minutes that lead up to the goal, two important challenges won by QPR whilst our players rolled around trying to get a free kick. I’m honestly at a loss as to what Cocu can do about that

What happened when we won the ball in a 50/50? It got to Waghorn or another attacker and broke down from indecision rather than pressing with the ball.

A shocking performance by a set of players that need to show they actually want to get out of this mess. Not that I don’t think Cocu has any questions to answer by the way, and I’m sure I’ll get the responses of ‘isn’t this Cocu’s job!?!?’ etc, but if you think that’s the only problem here then you are in for a bit of a shock if Cocu goes.

Your right about the players, they were shocking and apart from Marshall they all deserve criticism for that. 
I desperately wanted it to work for Cocu but it just doesn’t feel like it will happen.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

trouble is, we've nothing reliably better to bring in. The high risk strategy could be Ibe, CKR and Whittaker. Or maybe stick with Joswiak as he seemed to do slightly less appallingly than the rest of them. But thats another untried group who have never played together. Might work but what a long shot.....

In the words of King Theoden..."how did it ever come to this"........?

Not that risky. Keep Joswiak, start Colin. Get Sibley in too. Go back to 3-4-3.

24 minutes ago, DRBee said:

What new manager would come in with a possible takeover imminent?

Wassall as a temporary fix if we don’t win Saturday. The kids will at least be back in trying to play for him, because they relate to him. Can see it happening if a takeover is still on.

31 minutes ago, Ramfan1958 said:

To all those pundits when I said Cocu was clueless and the PSV fans were glad when he went.

See what I mean now gentlemen .

Yeah well done pal want a medal? 

sorry for having some optimism when our club appointed a manager with 3 titles on his CV. Let’s just be negative from day one with every manager and signing so that way we’ll never be disappointed eh? 

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Tracked back ,made some good runs ,as good as any other player in the pitch.

Apart from 15 mins where he woke up in the 2nd half, he wasn't interested, walking about, lazy passing. I'm sorry but I can't agree with as good as any other player, he was to be fair equally as bad as some on the pitch, most of them were crap.

5 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Put RD straight on after the game and Eric Steele absolutely dismantled Cocu’s approach to this game with his analysis. He was very critical of the players but scathing about Cocu’s tactics, selections and substitutions.

Eric Steele knows his football. 

4 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

Put RD straight on after the game and Eric Steele absolutely dismantled Cocu’s approach to this game with his analysis. He was very critical of the players but scathing about Cocu’s tactics, selections and substitutions.

To be honest thought he spouted a bunch of reactionary nonsense and completely failed to pin down the issues. 

Cocu made mistakes tonight. Taking off Rooney and Waghorn despite Steele banging on about it, wasn't the problem. Rooney at least should have been off earlier.

He also did a lot of picking and choosing of things Cocu said in his interview.....

Archived