Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was all in to give him 16 games, but I’m no longer Cocu In. There was something so abject about that performance, it’s like the players want him gone. I’ve been supportive of him but with criticisms. Even the Cocu Revolutionary Guard must be having doubts. I say this with no joy in my heart as I’m not confident we will appoint anyone good. Hope I’m wrong. 

Sadly I think that’s time up. It might click but how much longer do you give it. Nearly a quarter of the season gone and nobody has gathered fewer points than us. Leave it too long and it might be too late.

Have Wassall as caretaker until we see what’s coming of this takeover. If we get new owners, they’ll bring who they want in, if Mel stays then I’m sure he’ll already have a shortlist.

That was probably our worst performance of the season, even worse than Blackburn. At least we had spells in that game, today we were lethargic and totally lacking in desire. We really miss the home crowd- there’s no way we would have tolerated such a half-arsed performance. Resting Buchanan to play Forsyth was a HUGE mistake. When you need a win you play your best players. For me, only Marshall and Jozwiak come out of that game with any credit. Is anyone else wondering whether the players want Cocu gone??

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Gutted with that.

Cocu will, probably rightfully, get the sack but he’s had such a poo time of it. There’s been managers I’ve been relieved to get see sacked but when the announcement comes I’ll just be sad.

Nice bloke, good team and could have done well if things didn’t blow up in his face every 2 months like clockwork.

Just beyond gutted to see it end like this, if it is indeed the end.

From Phillips point of view it'd almost be a mercy killing.

I can imagine he was sold a project, promised backing, play the youth etc etc

He gets saddled with a marketing stunt, the marque player is crocked for a year, the owner who sold him the project then pulls the financial plug and details start to emerge of a sale.........

That's without the nonsense of Joiners etc etc. The bloke can be forgiven for wishing he'd never set foot in Derby.

Anyway, back to the age old question - who is going to get more out of this shower?

Sadly I think that will be it.

He's had a rough time of it, though, and I do hope in time we can look at the many good things that have happened under his tenure. Clearly a very dignified and classy man who just hasn’t been able to impact the team enough in the short term to justify what we were all hoping for in the long term.

Archived