Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

23 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Wassall as a temporary fix if we don’t win Saturday. The kids will at least be back in trying to play for him, because they relate to him. Can see it happening if a takeover is still on.

We don’t need to play the kids? Knight and Buchanan deserve to start because there consistent and reliable. Sibley can sometimes fade from the game and won’t touch the ball for an hour - Whittaker isn’t ready - Bird has been poor all season and in a hard working midfield doesn’t get a place.

the team are lacking a leader with desire and positivity. These players aren’t this bad, yes there turning in some questionable performances but the tactics are worse. You don’t know what there being told to do by Cocu before the game and at HT.

anyway, sack him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes. Very astute observations which I vehemently agreed with. In a nutshell: PC’s system is easy to combat. 

Easy when you're sat on the sky Sports sofa (or in the RD studio)

Didn't stop him being absolutely awful at Huddersfield, a route one poo of a manager suited only to League Two.

Absolutely get all the Cocu comments and he looked awful yet he still defended the players. These are pro footballers with bags of experience but no leadership or berating each other for abject performances individually apart from Marshall. Cant they read and figure it out for themselves?  Cocu won't sleep tonight but how many players will truly question whether they could or should have done better in that game. No desire to influence the result from many of them. Shame on them.

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Yes. Very astute observations which I vehemently agreed with. In a nutshell: PC’s system is easy to combat. 

Yes — the use of personnel to their strengths and that we end up attacking an organised defence particularly relevant 

11 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Just to be clear, I’ve been one of the supporters calling for calm and to give Cocu time. No negativity or pressure from me. Unsure whether that was a typo or a misplaced jibe at me!

Apologies R4, I’ve seen the Chris Martin avatar and got you mistaken with some other forum members. You’ve always been a class act.

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thing is we have moved away from "his system" and he has compromised quite a bit on that front compared to last season or earlier in the season. Davies is back in the backline, we have two battlers as a midfield pair and much less emphasis on playing our way/going long more.

Trouble is it's left us a bit mishapen. And when you throw a handful of other considerations in, well you get tonight.

I’ve skipped many pages not because I don’t want to read, some excellent analysis as usual, some dodgy too perhaps.... My alarm is 0310 but hey I’m still working full time so I’m grateful for that. 
No it’s because watching most of that, other than a couple of moves and two decent efforts, both Rooney, I’m left so bloody empty. Phil sounded so good in build up and as a bloke I’m  sure he’s top drawer, but creativity is so abundantly missing. Again as many have said, there are ducking good players out there, but we are not seeing it or them. I don’t have answers but my team is fading away here and it really really gets to me. I’m too tense watching now to enjoy any of it. When I heard stats about QPR scoring late I simply sat waiting for the inevitable. This is our lowest league position in how long? Rhetorical question, I don’t want to know. Dead man walking I fear 

30 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Tracked back ,made some good runs ,as good as any other player in the pitch.

Been impressed with him since he came back from his injury but Eric Steele really called him out on RD tonight for strolling around giving nothing and I couldn’t agree more. Back to the ‘old Tom’ I thought... but admittedly he certainly wasn’t on his own tonight! ?

3 minutes ago, Ramfambo said:

Absolutely get all the Cocu comments and he looked awful yet he still defended the players. These are pro footballers with bags of experience but no leadership or berating each other for abject performances individually apart from Marshall. Cant they read and figure it out for themselves?  Cocu won't sleep tonight but how many players will truly question whether they could or should have done better in that game. No desire to influence the result from many of them. Shame on them.

It really annoys me when the players down tools. Totally unprofessional, but seems to be an accepted part of the modern game. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Also, how ducking bad is Forsyth now?! Feel awful for the bloke, but after all his injuries, he seems to be be absolutely finished. Looked like he’d won a competition to be out there tonight. Not sure even the rest of the team could quite believe how bad his crossing was.

His headers were ok but that was it 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

Thing is we have moved away from "his system" and he has compromised quite a bit on that front compared to last season or earlier in the season. Davies is back in the backline, we have two battlers as a midfield pair and much less emphasis on playing our way/going long more.

Trouble is it's left us a bit mishapen. And when you throw a handful of other considerations in, well you get tonight.

True. Chop and change. Tinker here and there. I think the players have lost heart and faith in a cabal of coaches. 

5 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

We don’t need to play the kids? Knight and Buchanan deserve to start because there consistent and reliable. Sibley can sometimes fade from the game and won’t touch the ball for an hour - Whittaker isn’t ready - Bird has been poor all season and in a hard working midfield doesn’t get a place.

the team are lacking a leader with desire and positivity. These players aren’t this bad, yes there turning in some questionable performances but the tactics are worse. You don’t know what there being told to do by Cocu before the game and at HT.

anyway, sack him.

Sibley and Bird have both taken the  brunt of the blame for the first 3 games despite not being the worst culprits...

Both should be back in the side.

5 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Apologies R4, I’ve seen the Chris Martin avatar and got you mistaken with some other forum members. You’ve always been a class act.

Likewise. It’s fine, the Martin avatar is mainly because my Dads wife thinks I look like Chrissy. Which makes me kinda proud! Interested to see what Mel will do now

5 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Nailed it again 

Can't help it's gone too far for the course to be corrected now though. We've got ourselves into a right state where absolutely no solution is the right one and all attempts to find it just further complicate things.

The sad thing is that the people demanding we change our approach to adapt will be the one's criticising us for having no identity etc

Archived