Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, Jourdan said:

It’s not so much the points on the board.

Of course - 2-3 wins and we could shoot up the table. 

When I talk about irretrievable situations, it’s the habits, the patterns of play, morale, confidence, instincts, things like that.

This run we’re on didn’t come about overnight.

We can turn this around for sure, there's no doubt in my mind. But not with cocu in charge. Get a manager in who knows what he's doing in England and we can salvage the season because we do have the bones of a decent team.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rampant said:

If there's one thing I learned years ago it's that for a true guide to a match you need to rely on, in order: your own eyes / the opinions of family, friends or other fans who saw the game / guesswork / the reports in the national media.

Bang on

58 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Everything is comparitive surely you know that by now. Rooney at least showed a modicum of an attempt to show some attacking intent compared to his teammates who resembled soporific sloths.

If I'm reading a match report, I'm not looking at comparative text, I'm looking at a statement so i take it literally. He was livelier than some, in the context of attacking intent, but nowhere near the true meaning of lively. 

1 minute ago, goldstar said:

If I'm reading a match report, I'm not looking at comparative text, I'm looking at a statement so i take it literally. He was livelier than some, in the context of attacking intent, but nowhere near the true meaning of lively. 

I think the match report was being very kind to him and using their descriptor comparitive to his teammates. 

As yes in isolation his performance wasn't anywhere near good enough. Which wasn't limited to just Rooney though.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think the match report was being very kind to him and using their descriptor comparitive to his teammates. 

As yes in isolation his performance wasn't anywhere near good enough. Which wasn't limited to just Rooney though.

Fair enough, i can see that

5 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Have you had a positive test? Just asking as we we to Morocco in Feb half term. Night before we flew back, one of the kids hurled in the night which was unusual.

Pretty much as we arrived home the next night, wife and I got really bad sqiuts and didn't feel right for a week or so. Both also felt a bit sick and wife especially has headaches. Thought is was food poisoning, but didn't quite make sense with the time between kid getting it and us. I think other kid might have been unwell the following week come to think of it.

What other symptoms did you have?

Sorry bit off topic. Cocu out/in.

We've both had positive tests for it.

Losing taste and smell, endless coughing, runny nose and sore throat, tired, muscle aches, out of breath all the time, not eating much and lots of pooping.

I wouldn't rule it out from what you've said, especially the incubation time, but it could have been some other bug.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Losing taste and smell, endless coughing, runny nose and sore throat, tired, muscle aches, out of breath all the time, not eating much and lots of pooping.

I wouldn't rule it out from what you've said, especially the incubation time, but it could have been some other bug.

Get well soon!

21 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Why was this blog placed in the QPR Matchday thread,you are talking about coronavirus,why not put it in the Coronavirus thread.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Get well soon  to you and Kith and kin ....stay safe mate ❤

Been accused in the past of being a happy clapper , well after last night ive woke up and smelt the coffee , i so much wanted Cocu to succeed but sadly i cant see it now , no motivation in the players , continual tinkering with players and formations , with a heavy heart i must say enoughs enough , release Cocu from his anguish .

One other thing , Rooney can go too, the guys a liability on the pitch , hasnt got the club at heart , and please dont put him anywhere near the managers chair , ive had enough of this club being a circus

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Whilst I'm not trying to detract from our poor current situation, I think the absence of fans will have had some effect on your statistics. Our fantastic home support is one of the reasons that Pride Park has been a fortress in previous seasons. I genuinely believe we would have played better, especially last night, with a crowd in the stadium "encouraging" more effort from the players.

2 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Whilst I'm not trying to detract from our poor current situation, I think the absence of fans will have had some effect on your statistics. Our fantastic home support is one of the reasons that Pride Park has been a fortress in previous seasons. I genuinely believe we would have played better, especially last night, with a crowd in the stadium "encouraging" more effort from the players.

The team would also have been ripped apart by the south stand for our results so it's swings and roundabouts there.

I doubt the club would have been able to withstand sacking him way before now we had crowds there though.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Some.

But there would have been plenty of booing too - would Cocu still be here if there were fans?!

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The team would also have been ripped apart by the south stand for our results so it's swings and roundabouts there.

I doubt the club would have been able to withstand sacking him way before now we had crowds there though.

We will never know how the players would have responded to the crowd, whether positively or negatively. Indeed, had there been a negative response, or none, Cocu would probably be gone already. The point I was trying to make was that the crowd normally has a positive effect, based on home results in previous seasons, so it is likely that the absence of fans since lockdown has had a negative effect. The last few games before lockdown were particularly impressive, as I recall.

Definitely agree that it is a blessing that games are behind closed doors.

People think it’s toxic now?

There would be picnic baskets thrown on the pitch in disgust.

There would be fights amongst fans a la Coventry away under Phil Brown.

And the booing, off the charts.

And you’d have the two staples of every home game, of course.

One guy booming ‘Forward, gerrit forward!’ that seems to be heard from every spot in the ground, and another guy shouting ‘Rubbish, it’s bloody rubbish, Cocu.’ until he is blue in the face.

Archived