Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’ve skipped many pages not because I don’t want to read, some excellent analysis as usual, some dodgy too perhaps.... My alarm is 0310 but hey I’m still working full time so I’m grateful for that. 
No it’s because watching most of that, other than a couple of moves and two decent efforts, both Rooney, I’m left so bloody empty. Phil sounded so good in build up and as a bloke I’m  sure he’s top drawer, but creativity is so abundantly missing. Again as many have said, there are ducking good players out there, but we are not seeing it or them. I don’t have answers but my team is fading away here and it really really gets to me. I’m too tense watching now to enjoy any of it. When I heard stats about QPR scoring late I simply sat waiting for the inevitable. This is our lowest league position in how long? Rhetorical question, I don’t want to know. Dead man walking I fear 

Worst start to a 2nd tier for 50 years. That’s the length of time I’ve been watching Derby so circa Tim Ward; just prior to Brian Howerd Clough. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ellafella said:

True. Chop and change. Tinker here and there. I think the players have lost heart and faith in a cabal of coaches. 

Maybe. Thing is we needed to change or at least adjust from the set up of the last few games so I can sympathise there but we didn't reallt address where the 343 was hindering us and ended up sacrificing what it was giving us along with it.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Spindley performance

We are seated one place from the bottom of the table saved by the Wendies' points deduction. They have scored more points than us. i.e. we have scored less points than the other 23 teams this season. Hello

1 minute ago, Archied said:

I consider myself reasonably level headed regards football and as such have been patient but for whatever reason it’s just not working and there is no real choice but to sack Phil now ,we can’t carry on like this or we will go down 

What is the points total out of all games since return from lockdown. Our lockdown to lockdown record is what.

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

When a new manager comes in (as will surely happen I feel), are we all going to feel rightly annoyed that the players start giving a toss trying again?

No, it's not "giving a toss" it's the psychological boost of having a new manager, that's why if we win the first few with a new guy in charge  I won't get too confident, although if we become free scoring it will make Cocu look very bad. I feel the players have lost confidence because of Cocu's poor ultisation of the squad and because of that they need someone who's no nonsense when it comes to a lack of effort and desire but also can instill some confidence in the attack. 

Reminded me a bit of the Watford game. Not a lot in it. We had a few chances that we didn’t take but had the feeling throughout that if anyone was going to nick it it was them. They were just that little bit better and looked a bit more threatening in the final third.

8 minutes ago, KBRam said:

Does Craig Forsyth practice crossing the ball ever.  Defensively didn’t have too much to complain about tonight but he was very poor in the attacking third again. Foot like a lump hammer.

Ftfy

20 minutes ago, KBRam said:

Does Craig Forsyth practice crossing the ball ever.  Defensively didn’t have too much to complain about tonight but he was very poor in the attacking third again. Foot like a Threepenny bit.

He’s been finished for 2-3 years. Always look worse with him in the team 

1 hour ago, Orphanram said:

Put RD straight on after the game and Eric Steele absolutely dismantled Cocu’s approach to this game with his analysis. He was very critical of the players but scathing about Cocu’s tactics, selections and substitutions.

That could literally be any game this season

28 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I feel sorry for Rooney as he came to learn coaching/management skills.

I don't feel sorry for him.

Utter waste of time and more importantly money. 

Nowhere near earning his wedge on the pitch, and not too helpful off it. 

Bed blocker for promising talent coming through, the sooner he leaves the better.

Cocu needs to go in the next 48 hours.

I don’t think we can afford to give him even one more game unfortunately. It’s not the loss in itself. We are going to lose plenty more games this season. It’s the overall picture. It’s so bleak.

Sheffield Wednesday won on Tuesday night and earlier today they had their points deduction cut in half. They’ll be looking up again.

Wycombe won again tonight and seem to be improving and finding belief with every game. They’ll be feeling hopeful too.

Coventry looked fantastic on Friday night v Reading and were unlucky by all accounts tonight v Forest. They’ll still believe.

That’s before you even mention Luton - who many would expect to be right down there - who are currently in the top 10 with a 10 point cushion over us.

Even Rotherham and Barnsley - who suffered damaging defeats in recent days - will be fighting for their lives and won’t give anyone an inch.

10 defeats in 16 league games. 10 points from a possible 48 dating back to July. 6 goals scored all season long. Not even a glove laid on Barrow in the League Cup. A train wreck of a pre-season that set the tone for what has followed.

It would be a gamble of colossal proportions to stick with him after tonight.

It was the perfect opportunity - QPR having not won an away game all season - for the players and Cocu to breathe life into the season.

I don’t see how Cocu recovers from this.

Archived