• Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

Byrne   te Wierik   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Shinnie

Jozwiak   Waghorn   Lawrence

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bielik, Holmes, Sibley, Rooney

U23s/home: Evans, Bird, Ibe, Whittaker, Kazim

With us getting closer to a fully fit squad the competition for places is getting much tougher. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall

Byrne   te Wierik   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan

Knight   Shinnie

Jozwiak   Waghorn   Lawrence

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Bielik, Holmes, Sibley, Rooney

U23s/home: Evans, Bird, Ibe, Whittaker, Kazim

With us getting closer to a fully fit squad the competition for places is getting much tougher. 

I’m really not sure what Holmes offers this team.

Simple energy isn’t enough. His decision making is very poor.

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Clarke

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan 

Jozwiak Waghorn Lawrence

Harsh on Rooney because he was decent today I thought, but Jozwiak was playing well before his injury, so deserves to return for this one. Still unsure between Wisdom and Te Weirik. The latter wasn’t great today in terms of positioning, so I’d give Wisdom another game when hopefully he’ll be under less pressure.

Marshall 

Byrne   Te Wierik    Clarke     Buchanan 

Rooney (C)

Knight                     Shinnie 

Jozwiak          Waghorn          Lawrence

Subs- Roos, Wisdom, Davies, Bielik, Sibley, Whittaker, CKR

- Lose the 3 at the back and go for it. - Not sure Davies can still play in a 2 so give Te Wierik another go after a decent performance.
- Knight and Shinnie should have enough legs to cover Rooney.

If Jozwiak is fit, he gets back in instead of Mr Potato head for me, apart from that, same 11.

Out problems isn't the set up, it's that we don't put teams to bed whilst we're on top and teams that get pasted in the first half always give a reaction in the second half, it's not a new phenominion that could be erradicated by playing a back 4. Given Lawrence, Waghorn and Rooney can't keep the energy levels for 90 minutes, plan for fresh legs.

We do need to work on how we change and cope with teams coming back at us. So today, second half, putting on Sibley and CKR with 20 to go might well have been the energy and outlet we needed.

The squad Phillip Cocu picks to win the game.

Our problem isn't the set up, it's the fact the players aren't performing as well as they can, therefore it's up to the players to improve their performances and improve results.

Unfortunately England will be in Lockdown come Thursday.

Therefore when we win on Wednesday some may choose to celebrate on Wednesday in their homes and may choose to compliment the team and management on here and enjoy the win and spend Thursday and thereafter complimenting the football club they support.

................or moaning about which subs should have come on, when they should have come on, and how many more goals they would have stopped, created and scored or why haven't so and so made the squad after telling us all a few weeks ago that such and such should not be in the squad whilst Phillip was sitting on his hands.

Fortunately come Thursday I'll go to work in Scotland, singing in my car, enjoying the win and forecasted sunshine.

Might even wear my white shoes to work, celebrate and have a good time.

14 hours ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

Marshall 

Byrne   Te Wierik    Clarke     Buchanan 

Rooney (C)

Knight                     Shinnie 

Jozwiak          Waghorn          Lawrence

This ?

Bring Bielik on for Rooney for the last 30 mins.

15 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Clarke

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan 

Jozwiak Waghorn Lawrence

Harsh on Rooney because he was decent today I thought, but Jozwiak was playing well before his injury, so deserves to return for this one. Still unsure between Wisdom and Te Weirik. The latter wasn’t great today in terms of positioning, so I’d give Wisdom another game when hopefully he’ll be under less pressure.

I’ve only seen the 7 minutes highlights so have no opinion but according to fans ratings Rooney was poor?? 

33 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I’ve only seen the 7 minutes highlights so have no opinion but according to fans ratings Rooney was poor?? 

He wasn't as poor as some would have you believe. Was involved in two good early moves but spent most of the afternoon drifting in and out of the game. Largely due to playing predominantly on the left hand side of the front 3. Overall an average performance and worth noting that we were still winning the game when he was withdrawn so can't be blamed for us ultimately surrendering the lead. Hope that helps, though I'm sure some will disagree with my assessment. 

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He wasn't as poor as some would have you believe. Was involved in two good early moves but spent most of the afternoon drifting in and out of the game. Largely due to playing predominantly on the left hand side of the front 3. Overall an average performance and worth noting that we were still winning the game when he was withdrawn so can't be blamed for us ultimately surrendering the lead. Hope that helps, though I'm sure some will disagree with my assessment. 

Many thanks @Steve How Hard? appreciate the feedback. Shinnie and/or Marshall MOM by looks of it? Really pleased Shinnie continues to improve and very very happy we have a very good quality keeper ?

Marshall

Byrne          Davies     Clarke        Buchanan

Bielik

Knight              Shinnie

Joswiak                                  Lawrence

Waghorn

Roos, Te Wierik, Wisdom, Rooney, Sibley, Duncan, CKR

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

Marshall

Byrne          Davies     Clarke        Buchanan

Bielik

Knight              Shinnie

Joswiak                                  Lawrence

Waghorn

Roos, Te Wierik, Wisdom, Rooney, Sibley, Duncan, CKR

Probably our best XI when all fit, Ibe will take someone's spot on the bench.

I think Bielik may drop between Davies and Clarke to allow Buchanan and Byrne to push forward as wing-backs. It would be nice if MTW could grow into the RCB role more and take Davies' place, then we've got the look of a good, long-term eleven there without needing another summer of mass overhaul.

Archived