Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was on the players tonight in my opinion and I think the fans are giving them a huge let off at the minute. The attitude is shocking, from senior players to boot. It’s summed up in the few minutes that lead up to the goal, two important challenges won by QPR whilst our players rolled around trying to get a free kick. I’m honestly at a loss as to what Cocu can do about that

What happened when we won the ball in a 50/50? It got to Waghorn or another attacker and broke down from indecision rather than pressing with the ball.

A shocking performance by a set of players that need to show they actually want to get out of this mess. Not that I don’t think Cocu has any questions to answer by the way, and I’m sure I’ll get the responses of ‘isn’t this Cocu’s job!?!?’ etc, but if you think that’s the only problem here then you are in for a bit of a shock if Cocu goes.

12 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Wassell short term to get the best back from the young players he knows and instil the belief and style they do possess. It can’t get any worse literally 

We are on an unwinning run. What is Derby's record non Premier unwinning run. No case to keep Cocu now. Enough fit players to be miserable.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Dont like singling players out but Lawrence has literally walked through the last 180 minutes of football, looks completely uninterested.

Not sure if it's a fitness thing or not. He looked sharp when he first came back in. He also was part of that great first 20 mins vs Bournemouth that seemed have finished off Rooney and Waghorn too. Obviously none of them had a preseason and think we are suffering now. I'd drop all 3 on Saturday.

I would have stuck with 3 at the back. Curtis and Clarke was an accident waiting to happen, too slow. The whole performance was so slow and lethargic. Just don’t think Rooney deserves his place. Just seems to slow everything down. We deserved nothing and got nothing. Worrying times but still a long way to go.

5 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Awful interview for PC,horrible watching him like this.

I really feel for Phillip there. But I feel worse when I look at a table where we are only above a side who started on a minus score. 

DE73B851-0A6E-4C7D-8011-EB738CB764B2.jpeg

Our worst 2nd tier start for 50 years.

Geez that was a crap game, maybe Marshall, Byrne, Jozniak and Rooney first half can get a little credit, the rest virtually non existent. How many lazy or piss poor passes did we make, Lawrence bar 15 mins in the 2nd half was hiding, Forsyth couldn't hit a barn door from 5ft away, subs completely ineffectual and 15 minutes late again, tactics either ignored or not understood by the players.

I thought I saw shoots of improvement in the last 3 games but this was a resumption of normal (crap) service and my patience is done. Cocu you are nice fellow but your tactics don't fit the championship or our players, your lack of animation on the touchline is worrying and the bizarre subs have done me in.

For me, Cocu out, final 6 games of last season and all of this is enough.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Not sure if it's a fitness thing or not. He looked sharp when he first came back in. He also was part of that great first 20 mins vs Bournemouth that seemed have finished off Rooney and Waghorn too. Obviously none of them had a preseason and think we are suffering now. I'd drop all 3 on Saturday.

trouble is, we've nothing reliably better to bring in. The high risk strategy could be Ibe, CKR and Whittaker. Or maybe stick with Joswiak as he seemed to do slightly less appallingly than the rest of them. But thats another untried group who have never played together. Might work but what a long shot.....

In the words of King Theoden..."how did it ever come to this"........?

That was not nice to watch, you can tell he wants to have a huge rant but can't. And the bit about ask Mr Morris about the takeover with a tight smile says a lot. 

I think this is a horrible mix of really bad luck, unsuitable manager for the job, and unsavoury lack of effort from the players. Should never get to the point that the players don't give it their all but it has and i hope this doesn't carry on much longer. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would have stuck with 3 at the back. Curtis and Clarke was an accident waiting to happen, too slow. The whole performance was so slow and lethargic. Just don’t think Rooney deserves his place. Just seems to slow everything down. We deserved nothing and got nothing. Worrying times but still a long way to go.

Rooney is an odd one, feel I agree with you and then think of his 2 efforts on goal which could have easily gone in.  Not as poo as I first thought and generally he is getting more stick merely because he is Wayne effing Rooney

Archived