Derby County v QPR Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of performances and tactics some managers form a connection with a club and fans - Cocu hasn’t achieved this at least not for me. An interesting experiment that just hasn’t worked out. Time to end it and get someone in who will ensure we remain in the championship 

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Does anyone think the players deserve some criticism perhaps?

Do none of them have any creativity or is Cocu soley responsible for them creating so few chances?

Do he make them practise deliberately putting in dire crosses?

Waghorn and Rooney look slow and tired. Lawrence not fully fit either.

We are desperate for a Martin type forward to knit things together.

Dont like singling players out but Lawrence has literally walked through the last 180 minutes of football, looks completely uninterested.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Does anyone think the players deserve some criticism perhaps?

Do none of them have any creativity or is Cocu soley responsible for them creating so few chances?

Do he make them practise deliberately putting in dire crosses?

Waghorn and Rooney look slow and tired. Lawrence not fully fit either.

We are desperate for a Martin type forward to knit things together.

I was going to make a similar point. I'm as frustrated as anyone with some of Cocu's bizarre tactics and substitutions, but I'm sick and tired of this group of players taking the piss. I'll maybe let some of the young lads off, who are more reliant on the manager for guidance at this stage in their careers, but the older pros and established players are taking absolutely no responsibility for the team.

Got to admit he's losing me now. Today we needed to build on the promising recent performances and kick on and yet if QPR were half way decent we would have been put to the the sword.

What I find frustrating is a lot of the issues were tactical/selection based today and what's worse is they aren't new problems. The first half today was almost a carbon copy of against Luton.

The insistence of trying to fit in Rooney in blunted our attack, crippled the forward press and denied the other attacking players space. 

The pairing of Knight and Shinnie means we don't have anyone in midfield looking to get on the ball. Shinnie in particular is crippling any ability to play out and through midfield. 

Forsyth looks past it and made an alarming number of mistakes. Contributing to crippling our play on the left.

The shift to a 4231 forced the wide forwards wider making it more difficult to combine. This was compounded by Rooney and the lack of ball play in the middle.

Davies looked sluggish and clumsy, making it difficult to step up.

The above crippled us and aren't new issues. They were predictable going into the game and should have been adjusted at half time.

It's getting to the point where we are forced into a change purely to change. Barnsley is a must win for him.

To sum it up we were useless. We can’t put a fluent move together. It shows in how we have scored most of our goals this season. Free kicks are our only chance. Every time we make a move forward it ends with us going back at least 10 yards. 
It run forward stop check look up look back pass back opposition get numbers back. We were doing ok in the first halves of the last few games until we scored then we just go negative. Our league position is where we deserve to be. There is only one way we are going with this man in charge. We need a change.

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I’ve felt the shift tonight, had a right bloody go of it with 3-4-3, fought really hard in some games and we’re unlucky not to win at least two of the Forest/Cardiff/Bournemouth run. Players looked like they believed and were playing for their manager, particularly in the Forest game where we were robbed. Switched it up tonight but the team looked dead on their feet. Players out of position, bizarre tactically and no discernible style of attacking play.

He didn’t deserve all the negativity and pressure he’s had this season from the likes of you, considering how ducking unlucky and just tough his time as manager’s been but 10 games into the season with our record suggests something is seriously wrong. This team is better than this.

Rooney shoulders some of the blame too. He was inspirational pre-lockdown and has come back unfit/unmotivated. For a player of that stature in the championship it’s shameful. I do think the pandemic was one hurdle too many for Cocu, we lost our home advantage and his captain. Gone from Pride Park being a fortress to QPR coming in and winning on a night like this without doing anything special

If I feel beaten down and depressed, god knows how Phil must feel. 

He will be fine. Completely out of his depth in this league. Will go back to Holland blaming all and accepting no responsibility 

Archived