Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Things going on in the background? Or Mel finally conceding that it's not happening?

image.thumb.png.a794ec5cf2a3a9dde248cfd810f84a6b.png

I bet Gibson's been straight on the phone to his mates at the EFL demanding that they don't relax the transfer embargo for another 7 days.....

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Better get their fingers out and bring in Wayne's freebies and loans before we have another um bongo invoked in 4 days time... ?

Roll up, roll up....join Rooney’s rams.......just don’t expect your first months wages!

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

This isn't happening is it? Sitting around waiting for the call that's never coming, almost feels inevitable now.

Would that be such a bad thing though ? They strike me as fantasists, “Oh wouldn’t it be a hoot to own a football club” ? Not having the first clue how to close a deal, never mind take the club forward.

While I regret it appears Mel has been mucked about, I don’t regret these BSers have not got their mitts on our club. 

If I’m a footballer capable of plying my trade in the Championship, Derby are currently the last team I would join. Alright, maybe Forest, but at least I’d get my wages paid on time participating in their poo show. I can’t see our players getting paid in 4 weeks time, can anyone?

I'd sooner have penury under Mel having turned the cash taps off than chance our fate with these pathetic timewasters.

If they wanted the club, had the means to buy it, and the intention to take it forward, they would have done by early January.

If any of those three elements are lacking, they'll do unspeakable harm if they do blag their way into ownership.

By the way...I've seen a few having a go at Mel. Those people have it all wrong. Tragically wrong. Mel is up there with LP as the best owner we've had in my lifetime. Just needed a dash of luck, is all.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

If I’m a footballer capable of plying my trade in the Championship, Derby are currently the last team I would join. Alright, maybe Forest, but at least I’d get my wages paid on time participating in their poo show. I can’t see our players getting paid in 4 weeks time, can anyone?

This happened last year with the last failed takeover, didn’t it? I don’t think it’s a case of Mel/the club are out of money, just more of a case of Mel not wanting to add his usual input into the coffers while the takeover is in limbo.

My uneducated guess is that either the takeover happens and the players get paid by the new owners or the takeover collapses and we’re back to where we were with Mel keeping things afloat with his backing. Worst case scenario is we get no further down the line with the takeover and we have another weird month of waiting for money to turn up from a source to cover costs.

The most important thing is that the takeover deal is concluded in one way or another so we can all move on. The protracted nature is harming the club, it’s reputation and the trust of its staff and fans.

Archived