Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Would that be such a bad thing though ? They strike me as fantasists, “Oh wouldn’t it be a hoot to own a football club” ? Not having the first clue how to close a deal, never mind take the club forward.

While I regret it appears Mel has been mucked about, I don’t regret these BSers have not got their mitts on our club. 

I don't really want them here now, if they can't even transfer this money to complete the sale then it already gives us an idea of the potential disaster we could end up with.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hypothetically...

We could sell player 'A' for £1m with 6 months left on his contract and save £500k in wages. We'd be £1.5m financially better off but could end up with a 5 point penalty.

Or we could not sell the player, not get the points deduction, but be £1.5m worse off.

I know when Stoke got relegated, they wanted to sell a number of players but couldn't because they would have failed P&S (and got a big points deduction) as a result. Instead of getting some cash for the transfers and all of the wages off their books, they were effectively forced to loan those players out (wages covered) until their contracts expired.

The rules sometimes prevent the thing they're trying to achieve. ?‍♂️

No i disagree, if you have straight lined depreciated a player then the club will still have depreciation to pay.

In scenario A, you still have a difference between what’s left on the books to pay and what you receive for the player.

In scenario B you still have that player, so this this is the financial benefit. He could actually offer you something. (Unless it’s Tom Lawrence).

Also in B you’re not 1.5 million worse off, you’re only 500k worse off for the wages. You can’t be worse off because of a transfer fee you haven’t paid. On paper you would still have the depreciation to pay, but you do in scenario A as well.

I don’t think FFP should exist and i do agree it’s too complicated. If clubs constantly look for loopholes then it does defeat the purpose. Likewise I don’t agree that clubs can spend what they want and then an owner decides to Chuck it in instantly, because then you get a ....... Derby County.

Really have no interest in these nobbers owning the club.  Maybe we have to sell someone for 6-7 million to see us over till the season ends.  Depressing as it is to effect our chances of staying up further, these charlatans can have no interest in the proper running of our club and can't be trusted.   How are they paying for it - 60 million in yen with some bloke counting it on abacus.  Time wasting twits.

Simple question I'd be asking the BZG lot right now, 

"if you can't find the cash for the takeover how do you expect to finance the club on an ongoing basis?" 

I suspect the answer will be to asset strip, as I can't really see any other way of them being able to do it. 

We need to sack these jokers off as soon as possible, they will be the ruin of us. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

"if you can't find the cash for the takeover how do you expect to finance the club on an ongoing basis?" 

I suspect the answer will be to asset strip, as I can't really see any other way of them being able to do it. 

We need to sack these jokers off as soon as possible, they will be the ruin of us. 

Maybe a leveraged buy out like Burnley. Cash 10/15%, the rest borrowed.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Absolutely. 

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment: Mel Morris is completely checked out. I wish he wasn't, but he is evidently done with the situation. I would imagine that the reported £60m is his ticket out of here and he doesn't seem in the slightest bit bothered what these gigantic red flags mean for the future of Derby County. I half expect the takeover to happen and the late payments to players to continue, perhaps a demotion for the academy in the tier system and the entire club just to regress. The ownership that put Wigan into administration last season didn't seem this bad, so  I think to call the guys coming in fantasists is a kindness. 

I would like Mel to announce that the takeover won't happen and he will, as before, continue to financially support the club to the best of his ability until another potential buyer, preferably one who can fund the takeover, can be found. Who knows, perhaps that isn't possible? I'm not sure, but whilst Mel isn't invested anymore, both personally and financially, and the other option is a middle-eastern group who are struggling to find funds are our other option. It leads me to believe that the immediate future is extremely bleak for Derby County FC. 

I guess we could potentially have a new start up 'FC County of Derbyshire' and play in white and blue to keep moral up. 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Absolutely. 

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment: Mel Morris is completely checked out. I wish he wasn't, but he is evidently done with the situation. I would imagine that the reported £60m is his ticket out of here and he doesn't seem in the slightest bit bothered what these gigantic red flags mean for the future of Derby County. I half expect the takeover to happen and the late payments to players to continue, perhaps a demotion for the academy in the tier system and the entire club just to regress. The ownership that put Wigan into administration last season didn't seem this bad, so  I think to call the guys coming in fantasists is a kindness. 

I would like Mel to announce that the takeover won't happen and he will, as before, continue to financially support the club to the best of his ability until another potential buyer, preferably one who can fund the takeover, can be found. Who knows, perhaps that isn't possible? I'm not sure, but whilst Mel isn't invested anymore, both personally and financially, and the other option is a middle-eastern group who are struggling to find funds are our other option. It leads me to believe that the immediate future is extremely bleak for Derby County FC. 

I guess we could potentially have a new start up 'FC County of Derbyshire' and play in white and blue to keep moral up. 

There is difference between "financially support the club" and simply allowing the continuation of the wasteful highly speculative practices that got us here.

He won't want to irreparably damage the vale by eg relegation, but don't expect 3,4,5 new signings per window. Cheapies, freebies and kids methinks.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

There is difference between "financially support the club" and simply allowing the continuation of the wasteful highly speculative practices that got us here.

He won't want to irreparably damage the vale by eg relegation, but don't expect 3,4,5 new signings per window. Cheapies, freebies and kids methinks.

Absolutely, when I say support the club financially. I mean, firstly, pay the damn players on time. Second, allow Rooney to make realistic adjustments. We're not the best in the transfer market at the best of times, but it's paramount we do something to help the situation in the next few days. 

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

No i disagree, if you have straight lined depreciated a player then the club will still have depreciation to pay.

In scenario A, you still have a difference between what’s left on the books to pay and what you receive for the player.

The book value will still be paid off in that season whether the player is sold or not. It doesn't make a difference (other than for P&S where I believe you can be put under a soft embargo if the sale looks like the club will go over the P&S limit as a result)

In scenario B you still have that player, so this this is the financial benefit. He could actually offer you something. (Unless it’s Tom Lawrence).

You might have the player, but from a sustainability point of view, still worse off.

Also in B you’re not 1.5 million worse off, you’re only 500k worse off for the wages. You can’t be worse off because of a transfer fee you haven’t paid. On paper you would still have the depreciation to pay, but you do in scenario A as well.

I don’t think FFP should exist and i do agree it’s too complicated. If clubs constantly look for loopholes then it does defeat the purpose. Likewise I don’t agree that clubs can spend what they want and then an owner decides to Chuck it in instantly, because then you get a ....... Derby County.

A club will be £1.5m better off by selling that player for £1m and cutting the wage bill by £500k over the following 6 months, than if they kept the player instead....

17 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Are people still thinking we might sign some players?

No chance. Absolutely no chance at all.

Spot on,  I am certain nobody will come in before Monday and this farcical "takeover" will not happen in a million years.

Rooney will say "We have to go with what we've got"

I guarantee it.

7 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Spot on,  I am certain nobody will come in before Monday and this farcical "takeover" will not happen in a million years.

Rooney will say "We have to go with what we've got"

I guarantee it.

I'm not saying it won't all work out, but some people are saying (or seem to be saying) we need something to happen quick so we can make signings before the window closes. But it's the 26th, and we need to get our ship in order - forget signings. Just get the takeover sorted, get the wages paid regularly - stop the circus for the minute.

53 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Are people still thinking we might sign some players?

No chance. Absolutely no chance at all.

I suspect that if we don't we'll be looking for a new manager in early February.

I think Rooney is under no illusions as to having huge resources, but he's expecting to be able to bring in a cheap centre forward, centre back and wide player to ensure that we don't slip back into the danger zone - an injury to our 35 year old striker and we're going down as things stand. If he isn't able to bring in at least two and it's the club's fault, I think he'll walk. His stock as a manager is currently very high and I doubt he'll need the money.

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I would think it's because we're contractually obliged. For a number of good reasons.

You don't say! I wasn't being serious.

For me, the signs are out there that we are willing to bring players in, assuming that it fits within the current wage structure and any fees probably requires us to generate the costs in player sales:

- Rooney signing a long-term contract. I think he would have required some sort of assurances that the club is heading in the right direction.

- Rooney stated that this week is going to be a big week, which has been backed up by the lifting of the transfer embargo, assuming that the players have actually been paid.

- We've yet to sell any players in our control that is against our will. Holmes wasn't making the first XI and Gordon it seems like we have little influence over due to not having a pro contract. I'd be more concerned if we were selling Knight, Sibley and Buchanan for small fees. The press made out that there was going to be a fire-sale at DCFC, but this is yet to materialise. 

I'm still pretty confident that we can do business this transfer window, regardless of whether or not the takeover happens. 

Archived