Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, derby8 said:

The Burnley takeover is of interest. A leveraged buy out. Means the new owners paid about 10% in cash, the balance borrowed from various sources. Burnley fans mixed views...

Not heard much about that one to be honest, though there doesn’t appear to be any issues financing the club at present...

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What document buddy. Can't see anything online.

It was posted on here yesterday, deleted though because of it’s dubious legitimacy. Think it came from Twitter originally. Was very poorly written so seemed an obvious fake, but effectively appeared to be almost an “ advertisement” of the club, which for some reason went into detail about Mel’s health.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It was posted on here yesterday, deleted though because of it’s dubious legitimacy. Think it came from Twitter originally. Was very poorly written so seemed an obvious fake, but effectively appeared to be almost an “ advertisement” of the club, which for some reason went into detail about Mel’s health.

Fake docs seem to be a thing. Dodgy celtic letter flying around confirming Benitez appointment also. 

31 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

Can never understand these comments. If he was going to stop contributing to the club based upon criticism (abuse is different but that applies to anyone, just not football club owners) on the way he runs it, then he shouldn't have taken it over in the first place.

I'd imagine he thought he could do well with the club and give the fans some good times supporting a successful team.

I'd be very surprised if he took over with the intention of putting us in the position we find ourselves in now and I'm sure he didn't see this pandemic coming and all incoming revenue being stopped. 

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd imagine he thought he could do well with the club and give the fans some good times supporting a successful team.

I'd be very surprised if he took over with the intention of putting us in the position we find ourselves in now and I'm sure he didn't see this pandemic coming and all incoming revenue being stopped. 

Still not sure though why you think though because fans are critical of the way he has ran the club, that's a reason to throw his toys out the pram and clear off ? I have no issue of him doing this, clearing off that is not the toys as I don't believe he has done the latter.

I always remember him saying when he first took over the club, he said he didn't expect to lose money. I guess he had a plan to take the club into the PL and sell up, it's not worked out that way, the pandemic obviously hasn't helped however I'm pretty sure that he wasn't looking to sell up previous to this ?

I can understand why some fans like Mel, they feel his tenure outweighs where we are now, fair enough. Why is it when someone disagrees, they are critical of MM, it's disrespectful or similar to your post around people expecting him to stick around.

It would appear that MM has been trying to off load us since before Covid-19, His reported wealth is circa £525million, How much is in cold hard cash...I haven't a clue, He's bankrolled us, He could have contravened or been very cute with some fiscal accounting, He's a local lad who only wanted what he thought best for DCFC, Hired and fired managers when things weren't going to plan ie the Derby way...lol, or talking to other clubs, Some managers thought they saw their future elsewhere and we pocketed compensation...twice, He set up Moor Farm, Sold players at a healthy profit in Hughes, Vydra, Hendrick, Ince et al, Taken Wembley play off gate receipts twice in QPR and Villa, With some creative accounting we turned a loss into a profit by selling the ground.

Can someone please tell me what has MM done wrong?

24 minutes ago, James Pond said:

It would appear that MM has been trying to off load us since before Covid-19  He's a local lad who only wanted what he thought best for DCFC

Ummmm unfairly dismissed two prominent employees? Don't take my word for it read the ET notes when the second lot are available. 

That was meant just to highlight that you've conveniently or otherwise ignored some of the things Mel hasn't handled very well. 

Point being that I understand it's a very emotive subject but he's not beyond criticism.

The subject matter just like our previous manager has now turned into a set of quite entrenched protagonists, if you remember with Cocu the turning point with a lot of his supporters was the dawning that he would take us down unless we did something very quickly.

Not sure what the tipping point will be, if any, in this case. 

18 minutes ago, James Pond said:

It would appear that MM has been trying to off load us since before Covid-19, His reported wealth is circa £525million, How much is in cold hard cash...I haven't a clue, He's bankrolled us, He could have contravened or been very cute with some fiscal accounting, He's a local lad who only wanted what he thought best for DCFC, Hired and fired managers when things weren't going to plan ie the Derby way...lol, or talking to other clubs, Some managers thought they saw their future elsewhere and we pocketed compensation...twice, He set up Moor Farm, Sold players at a healthy profit in Hughes, Vydra, Hendrick, Ince et al, Taken Wembley play off gate receipts twice in QPR and Villa, With some creative accounting we turned a loss into a profit by selling the ground.

Not much.

A new owner might well take a slightly different route, with the same ultimate objective. Purchase all the assets, club, stadium, training centre, etc, all modern facilities, make sure kept up to date. Consider commercial options around the stadium. Take a strong line in financial discipline with the club. Help with cash flow, occasional lump sums, generally go for sustainability, balance the books. Give that a few years keeping under regular view. Take a long view. Derby successes have been relatively few so a few more years to achieve objectives not really a problem. Aim is to enjoy the football, game on game, with the objective of prolonged top 20, PL, as opportunities are presented.

28 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Well, if MM ultimately carries the can, overspending on both transfer fees and player salaries, recruitment of some poor managers, getting too involved ?

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ummmm unfairly dismissed two prominent employees? Don't take my word for it read the ET notes when the second lot are available. 

That was meant just to highlight that you've conveniently or otherwise ignored some of the things Mel hasn't handled very well. 

Point being that I understand it's a very emotive subject but he's not beyond criticism.

The subject matter just like our previous manager has now turned into a set of quite entrenched protagonists, if you remember with Cocu the turning point with a lot of his supporters was the dawning that he would take us down unless we did something very quickly.

I’m not an entrenched protagonist and nobody can convince me otherwise.

If I want someone else’s opinion I’ll give it to them

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That would be RK and SR i guess, One is at the appeal stage the other he lost.

Sure MM hasn't handled some things very well, I guess Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates et al also haven't handled things well at times within their corporations.

Yes you're right it is a very emotive subject, unfortunately there's those that want to point an accusing finger and say...we're here because of MM, Yet he's not kicked a ball in anger and only picked the team once I belive ?

7 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Sure MM hasn't handled some things very well, I guess Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates et al also haven't handled things well at times within their corporations.

Yes you're right it is a very emotive subject, unfortunately there's those that want to point an accusing finger and say...we're here because of MM, Yet he's not kicked a ball in anger and only picked the team once I belive ?

Yes I guess that's a simplistic view of looking at things, despite not kicking a ball or picking the team Mel ultimately is accountable for those who do in his position, the same as any other business owner in the land. 

The best form of closure in this is for Mel to hand the reigns over to someone else which is still frustratingly within touching distance yet still not to transpire.

34 minutes ago, James Pond said:

Who employed the ones that picked the team ?

I'll leave it at that.

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes I guess that's a simplistic view of looking at things, despite not kicking a ball or picking the team Mel ultimately is accountable for those who do in his position, the same as any other business owner in the land. 

The best form of closure in this is for Mel to hand the reigns over to someone else which is still frustratingly within touching distance yet still not to transpire.

So name the someone else, I bet you cannot.

Your constant attacks on MM are extremely boring, when you have invested mllions of £ in the club then you can criticise but until then I suggest you keep your pathological dislike of MM to yourself.

3 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Your constant attacks on MM are extremely boring, when you have invested mllions of £ in the club then you can criticise but until then I suggest you keep your pathological dislike of MM to yourself.

Therefore until you have played professional football you can't have a view, unless you have managed a football club you can't have a view...I could go on but will leave it at that ?

1 minute ago, Asheville Ram said:

Name the someone else what, have to profess you've got me stumped by that.

And thank you for very handsomely illustrating my previous posts about posters getting hysterical about any form of criticism whatsover directed in Mel Morris' way.

I am able to criticise just like any other person in the land because I can, simple as. I do not need to spend millions of my own money if I did have millions to qualify to comment. 

Pathological dislike? Seems like a well balanced and reasoned comment ?

10 minutes ago, BIllyD said:

The club have already said it's got nothing to do with them. 

In the situation we find ourselves in, they'll be no end of chancers crawling out of the woodwork and positioning themselves as brokers for a prospective deal, in the hope of picking up a commission. 

This was just an example of such things.

Archived