Abu Derby County

tinman

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

That's heartbreaking to hear - especially from you as you appear to be reliable and ITK.

I have understood why negotiations on the "Takeover" have had to be done behind closed doors. However, if the crown jewels, Sibley, Gordon, etc, are going to be sold off, I think there has to be a statement from the club along the lines of "Look people, we don't want to have to do this but it is the only way that our club will survive".

That may lead to a hit in season ticket sales post-covid but I think the majority will understand the reasoning.

A guy with 300 followers on Twitter has put it. Biggest boll**is ever heard. Loan with view to permanent I nearly spat my coffee out laughing at how ridiculous the rumour is 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sibley to Rangers?!?! He's in the senior squad every week so why would we be sending him out on loan. Makes literally zero sense. It's not like he's gonna be on a big whack anyway so we'd not even be saving anything.

Currently we only have Shinnie, Bielik, Knight, Bird and Louie himself so unless we have at least one midfielder coming in, I'm calling BS on this one.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I am pretty confident that if feelers had been put out that Sibley was available, there would be many teams out there who could pay both Derby and him a lot more than Rangers would. 

The rangers link only makes sense if we're loaning him to get playing time. Rangers couldn't afford to buy him, probably don't need him given the state of Celtic and we probably need him around because there will be games missed by the others. I don't buy the Rangers link and if we were trying to sell him we'd get better bids off championship clubs.

17 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

A guy with 300 followers on Twitter has put it. Biggest boll**is ever heard. Loan with view to permanent I nearly spat my coffee out laughing at how ridiculous the rumour is 

If that's where @Footymum2017 heard it, fair enough. However, she clearly has links to the club - through the academy - and her statements have been far more reliable than Twitter trolls.

Also, once we do have genuine ITK people, we should not be so dismissive and risk driving them away.

With regards saving on Sibley's wages, I think any loan/sale would not be for that reason but done in order to  bring a fee into the club.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The rangers link only makes sense if we're loaning him to get playing time. Rangers couldn't afford to buy him, probably don't need him given the state of Celtic and we probably need him around because there will be games missed by the others. I don't buy the Rangers link and if we were trying to sell him we'd get better bids off championship clubs.

Even PL clubs - there were links to Leeds in the summer for a few million and Wolves have been linked in the past. If we’re getting rid it’s because we don’t have a pot to piss in so these teams will sniff a low risk bargain.You’d think teams will be investing in English talent a little more with the new Brexit regs as well

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

as you appear to be reliable and ITK.

? I would wait to hear from someone, how can I say, a little more reputable?

It's remarkable in this internet age how many people have achieve even the thinnest veneer of 'ITK' status while what they're actually saying bares little scrutiny. I was told by the 'Rams Group' (who appears to be an individual rather than a group btw) the other day that we should be concerned by what Keiran Maquire had to say as he 'knew his stuff'. I hadn't the time or inclination to explain that Maguire speaks well beyond and outside his knowledge and expertise yet to some, he is worthy of airtime.... Go figure.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If that's where @Footymum2017 heard it, fair enough. However, she clearly has links to the club - through the academy - and her statements have been far more reliable than Twitter trolls.

Also, once we do have genuine ITK people, we should not be so dismissive and risk driving them away.

With regards saving on Sibley's wages, I think any loan/sale would not be for that reason but done in order to  bring a fee into the club.

23 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Laugh all you want, I’ve not heard it from Twitter so if someone else is saying it aswell ...

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

The problem is that a relegation could end his managerial career before it begins. You mention a 'good grounding', and I think that's what Rooney is aiming for. We are a big Championship club with great facilities, so he'll see that as a plus, but that changes if we remain a basket case of a club, unable to sign players or pay wages. It stops being a good grounding and becomes a pointless endeavour. Sir Alex never suffered a relegation or an administration. I honestly don't think that Rooney is asking for very much, just enough to allow him to ease us away from the drop zone.

We ain't going down.

3 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

Laugh all you want, I’ve not heard it from Twitter so if someone else is saying it aswell ...

You tell him! 

Christ the amount of conjecture and analysis of nothing that goes on in here, if the rumour is based on even a tiny bit of actual information then you keep them coming. 

7 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

? I would wait to hear from someone, how can I say, a little more reputable?

It's remarkable in this internet age how many people have achieve even the thinnest veneer of 'ITK' status while what they're actually saying bares little scrutiny. I was told by the 'Rams Group' (who appears to be an individual rather than a group btw) the other day that we should be concerned by what Keiran Maquire had to say as he 'knew his stuff'. I hadn't the time or inclination to explain that Maguire speaks well beyond and outside his knowledge and expertise yet to some, he is worthy of airtime.... Go figure.

KM on WBA takeover. Asking price £200m, best offer £130m reducing to £105m if relegated to championship. Thinks that high given he says Derby £60m with a bigger more modern stadium. So he thinks stadium included in £60m figure. Wonder if he's right, or wrong...

2 minutes ago, derby8 said:

KM on WBA takeover. Asking price £200m, best offer £130m reducing to £105m if relegated to championship. Thinks that high given he says Derby £60m with a bigger more modern stadium. So he thinks stadium included in £60m figure. Wonder if he's right, or wrong...

I have literally no idea but I do know he's guessing. He's probably guessing - He's a teacher, not a journalist.

2 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

I think 99%of fan's does not think this takeover will  happen, will just sell  player's and will be lucky to get anyone in worth having. 

I have watched Wayne's interviews carefully. He knows exactly what he is doing. He is going to surprise everyone. Who has more contacts than Wayne? He is a legend, I tell thee.

Just now, Rampage said:

I have watched Wayne's interviews carefully. He knows exactly what he is doing. He is going to surprise everyone. Who has more contacts than Wayne? He is a legend, I tell thee.

Let's hope he has links to some people who want to invest in a football club then.

Archived