Abu Derby County

tinman

Just now, ossieram said:

How many of those appointments were you happy with at the time?

Does it matter ? I didn't get to sit down in a room and interview them, it wasn't my vision for the club that drove me to then appointments. How many did I agree with, probably Lampard and Pearson I'd say. Both PCs didn't have a clue about until they were linked with the club, SM 2 no, WR yes, GR no way, have I missed any ?

My post was slightly tongue in cheek, in that picking or kicking the ball as was stated in the post is not the sole factor or failure or success in a football club. Any appointment is a gamble in a club, the timing of the sackings though not so much, the change in direction from one manager to another again a big factor for me. Other things as well, it just looks like to me Mel was just so desperate to get to the PL, he made several bad calls that has accumulated where we are now.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Rev said:

In the situation we find ourselves in, they'll be no end of chancers crawling out of the woodwork and positioning themselves as brokers for a prospective deal, in the hope of picking up a commission. 

This was just an example of such things.

I thought it looked like someone's school project to be honest, picked up by someone and circulated by fools believing it to be real.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

The lease was drawn up way prior to any loan from MSD?

True 

Id have expected the initial rental to support the 80m valuation, also for MSD to require the rental to cover their repayments. The lease could also have been amended in 2020 when MSD lent 

Don’t suppose we’ll know before the accounts are filed

Blatantly obvious that players are improving under Wayne. What could he have done with some that we shipped out. Wayne said how much Wiz has improved. It helps when players know exactly what is expected of them. Only Lawrence and Davies on our books could improve the starting eleven in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Kamikaze said:

How many pages did the epic Thorne thread get? This anywhere near it yet!

Shambles

What d'you mean shambles? We're doing our best - just let's carry on posting nonsense, we'll soon get those page numbers up.

1 hour ago, BIllyD said:

Therefore until you have played professional football you can't have a view, unless you have managed a football club you can't have a view...I could go on but will leave it at that ?

Honestly the hypocrisy of some of our fans who think because we haven’t invested millions in the club then we can’t have a view.

Probably the same fans that used to ring the talk in asking for Keogh to be played in centre midfield, absolutely brainless. 

3 hours ago, James Pond said:

It would appear that MM has been trying to off load us since before Covid-19, His reported wealth is circa £525million, How much is in cold hard cash...I haven't a clue, He's bankrolled us, He could have contravened or been very cute with some fiscal accounting, He's a local lad who only wanted what he thought best for DCFC, Hired and fired managers when things weren't going to plan ie the Derby way...lol, or talking to other clubs, Some managers thought they saw their future elsewhere and we pocketed compensation...twice, He set up Moor Farm, Sold players at a healthy profit in Hughes, Vydra, Hendrick, Ince et al, Taken Wembley play off gate receipts twice in QPR and Villa, With some creative accounting we turned a loss into a profit by selling the ground.

Can someone please tell me what has MM done wrong?

To my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong), when Mr Morris took over at DCFC, the club owned it's own ground (and primary asset). I believe this is no longer the case. That's probably a very big disappointment to a lot of people. 

13 hours ago, europia said:

To my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong), when Mr Morris took over at DCFC, the club owned it's own ground (and primary asset). I believe this is no longer the case. That's probably a very big disappointment to a lot of people. 

Yes but Villa, The Wendies etc have all done the same so that's alright then 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but Villa, The Wendies etc have all done the same so that's alright then 

Of course it doesn't make it right.

The alternative was to get our wage bill sufficiently so that we can comply with P&S.

It appears that has been our strategy this season but, from what I can tell, the fans dont seem too happy with it and think we should now go out and buy some new players to put on the wage bill.

Seems a lot want to have their cake and eat it to me.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Of course it doesn't make it right.

The alternative was to get our wage bill sufficiently so that we can comply with P&S.

It appears that has been our strategy this season but, from what I can tell, the fans dont seem too happy with it and think we should now go out and buy some new players to put on the wage bill.

Seems a lot want to have their cake and eat it to me.

I was saying that tongue in cheek as a far more esteemed poster than myself replied with this answer yesterday when I raised the same point regards other clubs also doing the same. 

I understand why the ground had to be sold I don't agree with how we managed to have to get into that scenario in the first place but will limit my reponse for the sake of harmony on here. 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Provided the ground and club continue to be owned by the same person I don’t think it matters. No one would buy one without the other 

I think the unease about this transaction was two fold, firstly why were we compelled to do this in the first place and secondly the ground now is owned by a totally separate entity than the club - not sure why you think one could be sold without the other as it wouldn't be totally inconceivable that the stadium owner could charge ground rent etc to the new club owners as a form of lease. 

16 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Provided the ground and club continue to be owned by the same person I don’t think it matters. No one would buy one without the other 

Anyone that owns the lot down the A52 does everytime and numerous clubs around the world do not own their grounds. 

6 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Today’s the day gang, my spirit guide Ethel just told me and she was right yesterday when she told me today would be Monday. 

About ten to four it will be announced apparently.

What does she say about transfers - oh hang on, this is a wind up, no way could we afford to cross her palm with silver! ?

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Today’s the day gang, my spirit guide Ethel just told me and she was right yesterday when she told me today would be Monday. 

About ten to four it will be announced apparently.

I never saw that coming. This clairvoyant gig is not as easy as it seems when you follow the Rams?

Archived