Abu Derby County

tinman

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I was saying that tongue in cheek as a far more esteemed poster than myself replied with this answer yesterday when I raised the same point regards other clubs also doing the same. 

I understand why the ground had to be sold I don't agree with how we managed to have to get into that scenario in the first place but will limit my reponse for the sake of harmony on here. 

Hang on a second, I was correcting you when you said only us and Wednesday had done it by stating Villa and Reading had also sold their ground to their owner. At no point did I say whether or not it was alright.

Just now, rynny said:

Hang on a second, I was correcting you when you said only us and Wednesday had done it by stating Villa and Reading had also sold their ground to their owner. At no point did I say whether or not it was alright.

It was meant as a tongue in cheek remark as I said so please take it in the spirit it was meant 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think the unease about this transaction was two fold, firstly why were we compelled to do this in the first place and secondly the ground now is owned by a totally separate entity than the club - not sure why you think one could be sold without the other as it wouldn't be totally inconceivable that the stadium owner could charge ground rent etc to the new club owners as a form of lease. 

Agree on your first point

On the second - the lease would have been signed at the same time as the sale so that’s a done deal. And I’d think the independent club board directors when they approved the sale (MM was conflicted so didn’t vote on it I’d guess) would have required preemption rights or an option or whatever.  If there’s a conveyancing solicitor on here they might be able to find out from public records.  I still don’t see the problem if under common control with the club. 

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

Agree on your first point

On the second - the lease would have been signed at the same time as the sale so that’s a done deal. And I’d think the independent club board directors when they approved the sale (MM was conflicted so didn’t vote on it I’d guess) would have required preemption rights or an option or whatever.  If there’s a conveyancing solicitor on here they might be able to find out from public records.  I still don’t see the problem if under common control with the club. 

I don't fully understand the nitty gritty behind it was just trying to make the point that it adds further (unnecessary?) complications if the ground is not owned by the club - worst case scenario look at Coventry I guess.

But there may be other examples of far more harmonious relationships between the two parties. But it does happen. 

Just musing on the takeover - I wonder how long it would take a serious and knowledgeable investor to put together a deal?

Obviously with the players being pad something has happened. It could just be another MSD loan or Mel simply writing a cheque or even BZI actually coming up with some cash. But what if it is the 'former director' moving to take control of the club?

The names cropping up are Wilson, Glick and Gadsby. All of those have inside knowledge as to how the club runs. Mel will have all the figures that they would need already to hand. I'd suggest that any of those would be in a good position to fast track a takeover if they wanted to.  With absolutely zero inside knowledge, I wonder if the payment to the players is from some sort of pre-takeover loan?

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Just musing on the takeover - I wonder how long it would take a serious and knowledgeable investor to put together a deal?

Obviously with the players being pad something has happened. It could just be another MSD loan or Mel simply writing a cheque or even BZI actually coming up with some cash. But what if it is the 'former director' moving to take control of the club?

The names cropping up are Wilson, Glick and Gadsby. All of those have inside knowledge as to how the club runs. Mel will have all the figures that they would need already to hand. I'd suggest that any of those would be in a good position to fast track a takeover if they wanted to.  With absolutely zero inside knowledge, I wonder if the payment to the players is from some sort of pre-takeover loan?

To go a little bit further on that it could be the none refundable deposit that’s normally paid by exclusive bidders? 

Personally I think it’s the realisation that the takeover isn’t going to happen any time soon and Mel is going to have to pay the wages like he was before, until he can find somebody to sell the club to. Wages for Jan are due Friday let’s hope this debacle doesn’t continue.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

How's that 'no news' been working out since end of October? LOL

No news that we’ve been bought by M Ashley, gone into administration, sold Knight or Bielik, had a points deduction, defaulted on the MSD loan ...  Things could be a lot worse     We’re certainly having a better day than Frank 

56 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I think you’re right - Dell and the local guys could move quickly. 
The guess the real problem is not time but valuation. On a worst case covid scenario, I guess the shares are worthless and the question is how much MM gets for his loans. Valuing clubs at the moment must be almost impossible. Wonder if in fact that’s the problem with the BZI deal 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

No news that we’ve been bought by M Ashley, gone into administration, sold Knight or Bielik, had a points deduction, defaulted on the MSD loan ...  Things could be a lot worse     We’re certainly having a better day than Frank 

??? Frank don't bother coming in today.your services are no longer required ,we will send you a big fat cheque as compo towards your remains contract?