Abu Derby County

tinman

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I used to live in HH on windmill road many years ago. 
where’s Yateley, not heard of it tbh

i know another Rans fan in Kew, but not many others near me

Went to school on Windmill Road. Yateley is down the M3 Junction 4A.

Still go to Bushy Park quite a bit. Nice area. 
Small world.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Went to school on Windmill Road. Yateley is down the M3 Junction 4A.

Still go to Bushy Park quite a bit. Nice area. 

My first place down here was a flat in The Wilderness around the corner from Lindsay Road. Not far from Burtons Road.

a few years she I did go to meet up in a pub at Waterloo of the SW London Rams. Not sure if that was a group on this forum or some other

We go to Bushy park a lot. Chances are we’ve seen each other

24 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

My first place down here was a flat in The Wilderness around the corner from Lindsay Road. Not far from Burtons Road.

a few years she I did go to meet up in a pub at Waterloo of the SW London Rams. Not sure if that was a group on this forum or some other

We go to Bushy park a lot. Chances are we’ve seen each other

You two need to get a room

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

Or maybe he's made a great deal and secured a great future for the club,you're just guessing like the rest of us.

You’d think getting it finalised and getting us a better squad would come under the securing a great future tag. I’ll happily put my hands up and apologise if I’m wrong but the fact that this deal hasn’t been concluded yet is incredibly poor.

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I would, he's our owner, the club depends on him. 

I've seen people on here go off in a huff over petty comments, yet fans expect Mel to stick around and keep putting millions into the club after being slated and abused by loads of "fans".

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I've seen people on here go off in a huff over petty comments, yet fans expect Mel to stick around and keep putting millions into the club after being slated and abused by loads of "fans".

Well then he should expect more of the same I would imagine. He's been a football fan and involved in the commercial side of the club for some time. If he didn't expect to face negative reactions from fans then perhaps he should have stayed a fan only.

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

What abuse are you alluding to? I didn't think the forum mods allowed abuse so can't have been on here.

I know BZI have come in for a lot of criticism and it may well be rightly placed, however the none completion at Christmas was due to the main investor pulling out last minute, is that really BZI's fault? Who knows why they pulled out, maybe due to our league position, personal reasons or just didnt fancy spending all that money on us, none of us know for sure. But i'm not sure how much blame can be put on BZI or Mel for that happening?

If they are having daily conversations you would hope BZI are close to other investors, if so I would imagine Mel would need to get their backgrounds checked to make sure all is well, not sure if they would need to be checked by the EFL again? Once thats all sorted it could be a case of new contracts being drawn up & signed then transfer of money again.

There has to be a reason for the club to be confident it will go through and not to have pulled out of the deal by now.

23 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Can never understand these comments. If he was going to stop contributing to the club based upon criticism (abuse is different but that applies to anyone, just not football club owners) on the way he runs it, then he shouldn't have taken it over in the first place.

Just now, BIllyD said:

Can never understand these comments. If he was going to stop contributing to the club based upon criticism (abuse is different but that applies to anyone, just not football club owners) on the way he runs it, then he shouldn't have taken it over in the first place.

There's a load of difference between criticism and abuse. I've seen criticism on here but the mods wouldn't tolerate someone being abused quite rightly unless the OP means on Twitter or some other social media platform. If it's abuse then absolutely it's a disgrace no two ways about it. 

44 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I’ll try and book one for next weekend ?

When booking tell them you are sending the money imminently to 48 hours. If they keep coming back saying they haven’t received said money just reiterate you have sent it. If it works for bzi it should work for you  

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I know BZI have come in for a lot of criticism and it may well be rightly placed, however the none completion at Christmas was due to the main investor pulling out last minute, is that really BZI's fault? Who knows why they pulled out, maybe due to our league position, personal reasons or just didnt fancy spending all that money on us, none of us know for sure. But i'm not sure how much blame can be put on BZI or Mel for that happening?

If they are having daily conversations you would hope BZI are close to other investors, if so I would imagine Mel would need to get their backgrounds checked to make sure all is well, not sure if they would need to be checked by the EFL again? Once thats all sorted it could be a case of new contracts being drawn up & signed then transfer of money again.

There has to be a reason for the club to be confident it will go through and not to have pulled out of the deal by now.

All perfectly feasible...just a couple of things.

1. It was REPORTED by a Middle East journalist and Rams fan that the main investor had pulled out, Again only hearsay, Could be true, Could be false

2. The money was supposed to have been with Lawyers and closed on the 24th December as said by Steven Pearce, So unless the main backer had a bad day at the races and needed his loot back, I'm reluctant to believe it ever was.

Archived