Abu Derby County

tinman

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They didn't refuse but made it clear they no longer wanted to fund the running of the club.

Did they ? I can remember noise around certain investors being more interested in others, I don't recall them ever publicly stating they no longer wanted to fund the club though ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I worked in London more regularly, one of the lads down there was a massive Spurs fan.

During the 70's, 80's & 90's, he reckoned to have been to a game at every away ground in the four divisions apart from about two, (not always v Spurs obvs.).

He said Chesterfield had the fittest barmaids of the lot, small mercies and all that!

2 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Disgusting that a man who label’s himself as a Rams fan is letting the club go down the toilet! 

Probably came down to either letting DCFC go down the toilet or flushing another chunk of his £550m down. He might even love DCFC, but by nature he is likely to love his cash even more. 

37 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

With respect, he can obviously afford to do so but cash is king and all that - It's probably not the case that he has a £1m or whatever is needed sitting in there in an instance access account.... Seems to me that's the root of all of this, all the cash is there, just not in the right place!

With respect, Mel has been running a club for 4/5 years now I think? At times investing far more than he currently is. If the cash isn’t there it’s because he hasn’t freed it up. Whatever his motives are remains to be seen. 

9 minutes ago, europia said:

Probably came down to either letting DCFC go down the toilet or flushing another chunk of his £550m down. He might even love DCFC, but by nature he is likely to love his cash even more. 

I get that as a business man having accrued significant wealth be it in assets or cash that it’s hard to let go but he’s in his sixties, what else ar you going to live for with all that cash?

Conversely if literally you’re putting money in simply for it to be wages of players you can definitely feel anger about it.

Thing is - because of the nature of this industry, if he left Derby short he couldn’t set foot in this city again. 

Who’d be an owner hey?!?!

11 minutes ago, europia said:

I get the feeling if this falls through he’ll cough up and pay until he can sell again. I just think he’s trying to pressure them into purchasing the club. (Weird way to go about it mind) 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

We sold the ground in June 2018 for £80m.

Didnt we get £10m for Vydra that transfer window too?

Maybe £10m for Bogle/Lowe.

2 loans from Dell? £20m or £30m?

So in 2 1/2 years we have burned through £120m/£130m?

I know income is clearly down but so is our wage bill.

Are we really losing £50m to £60m per year?

Ive raised the point numerous times on here but I am stil not sure that the club received its £80m for the ground.

No accounts filed so impossible to tell.

I would be surprised if there was much cash involved in that deal.

If these new people need to be pressured to pay what they have legally agreed to pay then they are not good custodians to sell to. 

I took Mel at his word that he would only sell to people who could take the club forward. We still are waiting for a conclusion but things are not looking good. The players and employees should never have been left in the lurch. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As i said we'll see- administration leads to a union of chancers and asset strippers.  The fans of this club are fantastic and do deserve so much better than has been served up. Your confusing passion with petulance. 

Passion and petulance are easy to confuse to be fair.

If our fans deserve better, than at which other clubs fans expense? Most clubs have good loyal fan base. 

Your confusing deserving better and wanting better. 

15 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

..... If the cash isn’t there it’s because he hasn’t freed it up. Whatever his motives are remains to be seen. 

Almost certainly not the case - Mel had agreed a price with the Sheikh and expected the money through in the run up to Christmas with the Sheikh taking over responsibility for paying the salaries. He’s not going to shell out money to cover the wages with no guarantee that he’d be reimbursed on top of the original sale price.  
The underlying issue with the wages is that the funds haven’t arrived and the sale hasn’t been completed, so the club is effectively unable to pay due to cash flow without external funding - hence the mention of an additional loan which would then be repayable by the owners of the club - whether that ends up being the Sheikh, Mel or someone else.....

2 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

Passion and petulance are easy to confuse to be fair.

If our fans deserve better, than at which other clubs fans expense? Most clubs have good loyal fan base. 

Your confusing deserving better and wanting better. 

Leeds.  

We deserve better.  There won't be any season ticket refunds if the club goes into admin for a start, other creditors will be well ahead in list.

19 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

I get the feeling if this falls through he’ll cough up and pay until he can sell again. I just think he’s trying to pressure them into purchasing the club. (Weird way to go about it mind) 

How though? They say they've already sent the funds, they can't send another payment over (certainly not a multi million pound one which wouldn't arrive for another week anyway) as that would prove that they lied about the first payment!

That was my point earlier, the only thing left for anyone to do at this point is sit and wait for the money to arrive - what further action is there to be put in motion by us putting pressure on them?

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

if he left Derby short he couldn’t set foot in this city again. 

Totally agree. That’s just one of several reasons why MM would never call in the administrators   You’d just as likely see Stephen Gerrard trying to put Liverpool into liquidation 

Archived