Abu Derby County

tinman

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If we go into administration, it may be that the team we support play in League One. Ah well.

The players - the decent ones anyway - will find other clubs.

It's the "back office" staff, the RamsTV crew, the groundsmen, the laundry workers, the tea lady - the people that bind our club together - they will lose their livelihood. Along with all of the suppliers. Spare a thought for them.

I think there’s a chance that they will survive - after a traumatic time it will find a level or new beginning  for most,  but the uncertainty and fear that they face is many times greater than the players and those higher up the food chain. It isn’t good is it ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jono said:

Blooming heck. Sounds grim. I kind of guessed if it wasn’t today then the the smells that were wafting out of the machine would be confirmed as something rotten. There was always the chance that it was covid, it was holiday delays it was decision by committee but as each day passed those chances seemed ever less likely. ... So Mel fronts up another 10/20million - if he has it or if he even wants to - to keep the ship running temporarily or administration beckons. No new deal getting done in weeks .. business just isn’t like that. ... Sad times. Chins up everyone, won’t help to fight amongst each other. It will get better eventually. ?

If somehow the sheik’s takeover does actually go ahead, he’s already lost a lot of support from the fans. Not a great start for him in th dawning of the so called golden age.

2 hours ago, Geriatram said:

I know this is not strictly to do with the Rams but I have just read an article in the Leicester Mercury regarding a loan Leicester City have taken out with an Australian bank, they need the money to fund player purchases this window. The loan is secured against payments city will receive from the Premier League up to January 2023. In October they took out a loan with the same bank to receive a £17million instalment of Chilwell's transfer fee to Chelsea. It is the ninth loan they have taken out since 2018. Bearing in mind the owners of the club are worth £2.5 billion, it shows that they haven't got the cash to splash,and I guess it will be the same with our prospective new owners as it probably is with MM.  

Interesting about Leicester. Maybe covid has screwed up their cashflows - and maybe many clubs are having to do this sort of thing just now

Wonder whether the Australian bank has got a branch in Thailand - and whether it got a guarantee from the Thai owner. 

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Wait till Friday shall we to see which one we get. Pretty sure it will be one or the other.  If we go into administration no dealt we'll be sold to a loony by default so we could get both treats.  The blokes management of this club has descended to farce.

But he hasn't sold us into administration or sold us to a loony, has he? 

As he loses his affection to the club he loves, then and only then would I expect him to let the fan base down. Petulant fans "who deserve better" may make this happen. 

Let's hound him out and make this happen. Its the same logic as fans hammering our own keeper in the hope that he will peform better.

At this point I'd rather Mel keep control and the club to get as close to operate on a breakeven basis. We're probably looking at a £12m shortfall to get us through to the end of the season. The unfortunate bit is that we haven't got many players we can sell without making our P&S position worse. We need to do whatever we can to keep hold of the kids.

For P&S, Wisdom, te Wierik, Holmes, Waghorn are the obvious players we should accept offers for. Ideally no more qage commitments from us and small transfer fees coming in. Can we make agreements to sell Carson, Malone and Jozefzoon to ease our financial burden? A new deal for Rooney, on wages closer to being in line with other Championship managers.

Interesting times 

no surprise there is cash flow problems as an empty stadium for ten months can only cripple a club 

I am surprised we paid money and signed jozwiak if we had no money coming in 

probably the prospective new owners are trying to drive the price down which doesn’t bode well if that’s true as it would been a huge lack of trust in them if they took over

we cannot be the only club in the championship in this situation as there must be more very close to this position 

let’s avoid administration if we can

( at what point do I get in touch with my credit card company regarding my season ticket payment)  

What i dont get is the efl approved this so this sheikh guy would have had to show proof of funds surley to show he has the money. Do you reckon he rang up mummy and asked her to transfer 60 million quid in the bank please and ill transfer it back in 2 days after the efl have looked at his proof. Or he has a 60 million quid overdraft 

5 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

If somehow the sheik’s takeover does actually go ahead, he’s already lost a lot of support from the fans. Not a great start for him in th dawning of the so called golden age.

Yes. Although if he splashes some cash most fans will forget that.

2 hours ago, Geriatram said:

I know this is not strictly to do with the Rams but I have just read an article in the Leicester Mercury regarding a loan Leicester City have taken out with an Australian bank, they need the money to fund player purchases this window. The loan is secured against payments city will receive from the Premier League up to January 2023. In October they took out a loan with the same bank to receive a £17million instalment of Chilwell's transfer fee to Chelsea. It is the ninth loan they have taken out since 2018. Bearing in mind the owners of the club are worth £2.5 billion, it shows that they haven't got the cash to splash,and I guess it will be the same with our prospective new owners as it probably is with MM.  

All that tells you is the owners are not prepared to use their personal wealth to finance the club and are using loans secured against the business. If it all goes pear-shaped, they are not personally liable for any outstanding debts.

The Glazers "brought" ManU with money borrowed against the club they were buying, talk about smoke and mirrors!

2 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

But he hasn't sold us into administration or sold us to a loony, has he? 

As he loses his affection to the club he loves, then and only then would I expect him to let the fan base down. Petulant fans "who deserve better" may make this happen. 

Let's hound him out and make this happen. Its the same logic as fans hammering our own keeper in the hope that he will peform better.

As i said we'll see- administration leads to a union of chancers and asset strippers.  The fans of this club are fantastic and do deserve so much better than has been served up. Your confusing passion with petulance. 

7 minutes ago, Orphanram said:

The Atheltic are reporting our players are working with the PFA about not being paid. Probably pretty standard but who knows 

It would seem the obvious thing to do if you pay your subs. I would imagine it's pretty standard in these situations, unless there's an abundance of goodwill.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Even Southampton lost around £80m quid last year.

We were running along at around at £20m per year loss on paper, nevermind stadium sales and other wheezes, with income nearer £30m.

Easy to see how this pandemic may have cost us £50m quid already. 

10k Season tickets sold, at a reduced price, against 22k normally!

We sold the ground in June 2018 for £80m.

Didnt we get £10m for Vydra that transfer window too?

Maybe £10m for Bogle/Lowe.

2 loans from Dell? £20m or £30m?

So in 2 1/2 years we have burned through £120m/£130m?

I know income is clearly down but so is our wage bill.

Are we really losing £50m to £60m per year?

Ive raised the point numerous times on here but I am stil not sure that the club received its £80m for the ground.

No accounts filed so impossible to tell.

What has happened to the money from the Dell loan a few months ago. Rumours were that was 30 million although I’ve also seen people say that was rubbish and a lot smaller than this.

Either way we must be burning through 3.5 million a month with circa 1 million of income a month at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

What i dont get is the efl approved this so this sheikh guy would have had to show proof of funds survey to show he has the money. Do you reckon he rang up mummy and asked her to transfer 60 million quid j  the bank please and ill transfer it back in 2 days after the efl have looked at his proof. Or he has a 60 million quid overdraft 

Interesting that @one_chopseemed to know alot about transferring money to his/her 'son'

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

All that tells you is the owners are not prepared to use their personal wealth to finance the club and are using loans secured against the business. If it all goes pear-shaped, they are not personally liable for any outstanding debts.

The Glazers "brought" ManU with money borrowed against the club they were buying, talk about smoke and mirrors!

I heard someone say .. rich people spend other people’s money. An interesting thought.

I know of a wealthy widow who’s husband died with 15 million in debts to various banks and financial institutions. He also had assets of around 100 million in land, buildings, art and classic cars 

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At this point I'd rather Mel keep control and the club to get as close to operate on a breakeven basis. We're probably looking at a £12m shortfall to get us through to the end of the season. The unfortunate bit is that we haven't got many players we can sell without making our P&S position worse. We need to do whatever we can to keep hold of the kids.

For P&S, Wisdom, te Wierik, Holmes, Waghorn are the obvious players we should accept offers for. Ideally no more qage commitments from us and small transfer fees coming in. Can we make agreements to sell Carson, Malone and Jozefzoon to ease our financial burden? A new deal for Rooney, on wages closer to being in line with other Championship managers.

And who exactly is going to buy any of those players? Everyone is in an awful position unless you have parachute cash and even then they’ll be looking at this from a break even perspective.

Fact is - as Soon as crowds hit, salaries should have taken a 50% cut. Not a deferral, a reduction until commercial income was back on the table.

Mel is even going to walk away from this a club legend if he puts his hand in his pocket again or as the worst Derby owner ever.

Archived