Abu Derby County

tinman

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At this point I'd rather Mel keep control and the club to get as close to operate on a breakeven basis. We're probably looking at a £12m shortfall to get us through to the end of the season. The unfortunate bit is that we haven't got many players we can sell without making our P&S position worse. We need to do whatever we can to keep hold of the kids.

For P&S, Wisdom, te Wierik, Holmes, Waghorn are the obvious players we should accept offers for. Ideally no more qage commitments from us and small transfer fees coming in. Can we make agreements to sell Carson, Malone and Jozefzoon to ease our financial burden? A new deal for Rooney, on wages closer to being in line with other Championship managers.

Well the signs are the takeover WILL happen (the Percy article). And surely the new owners aren’t walking into a P&S disaster, they must have a plan. I wonder whether it involves loans rather than transfers in some cases (maybe to be followed later by transfers) and new sponsorship. Is that possible? What are the other options?

So far as WR is concerned, yes it’s a big number but is it possible he (and his agent) would agree to a pay cut ? He’s now in a pretty strong negotiating position I would think 

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

All that tells you is the owners are not prepared to use their personal wealth to finance the club and are using loans secured against the business. If it all goes pear-shaped, they are not personally liable for any outstanding debts.

The Glazers "brought" ManU with money borrowed against the club they were buying, talk about smoke and mirrors!

True, but the Glazers borrowed against significant global revenue streams. They seem to be doing OK. That business model obviously doesn't work at a club like DCFC. 

41 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If we go into administration, it may be that the team we support play in League One. Ah well.

The players - the decent ones anyway - will find other clubs.

It's the "back office" staff, the RamsTV crew, the groundsmen, the laundry workers, the tea lady - the people that bind our club together - they will lose their livelihood. Along with all of the suppliers. Spare a thought for them.

I was referring to the sporting sanction only.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

There's nothing to work on - either the money arrives or it doesn't, and seeing as we're already 13 (or more) days after it was supposedly sent, what outcome are you banking on?

There are banking / money transfer holdups, and then there's this.

Doesn’t really answer my question? I think you mistook it as a statement from me. 

10 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

If you want a smile, I have another baby on the way. May turn out to support AFC Derby but you know! 

If 8-9 months down the line your midwife turns up with  'Al Nehayan' on his or her namebadge run a mile, you'll be waiting another 9 months for the baby to be delivered.

Edited by Coconut

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I know that. What I was wondering is: why has he lost support? Is there one single reason ?

The dithering when we need to be doing (even limited) transfer business to aid our survival is not endearing him to me. This is my club that’s being ducked about and I hate the thought of tw@ts deriving pleasure from our situation.