Abu Derby County

tinman

45 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

They provided the loan before, they're not buying the club.

Sure but Dell will lend or he will buy equity he doesn’t care. If MM felt the deal with the Sheikh was moving too far south,  Dell are pretty obvious people to speak to to get a counter offer. Through the loan relationship they know the club well so they could move fast 

but this all seems unlikely - the club had told Percy that the closing conditions are satisfied. And BZG probably signed off on the briefing note 

Edited by kevinhectoring

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It says we’ve alerted clubs to their availability. I’m pretty sure Journo’s will know something by now 

So Derby have told other clubs 'if this deal doesn't go through we will be selling our best young players on the cheap, just thought we'd give you the heads up'

1 minute ago, sage said:

So Derby have told other clubs 'if this deal doesn't go through we will be selling our best young players on the cheap, just thought we'd give you the heads up'

Is it really that unlikely though?

Not your exact message, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility agents are busy lining up potential moves for some of our players, and pointing out our pressing need for finance to be reflected in those incoming bids.

At this stage I have no beef with the guys from the Emirates. I may change my view on that when more facts emerge, but no deal is done until consideration is passed across the table. Some deals get done, some don’t. I do have a beef with Morris. He is the custodian of the club and he should have made sure, from his own funds again if necessary, that the wages of all staff were paid in December and again each month thereafter until he is no longer custodian of the club. Derby are again all over the back page of newspapers for the wrong reasons.

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Is it really that unlikely though?

Not your exact message, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility agents are busy lining up potential moves for some of our players, and pointing out our pressing need for finance to be reflected in those incoming bids.

Yes. Depending on who might come in it’s quite possible they would sell Sibley at the right price. Hopefully not Knight 

19 minutes ago, sage said:

Seems reasonable to me. Not sure why you think that’s such a laughable suggestion? If this deal falls through, we will need cash, and fast, otherwise we’re finished. We will need buyers at the ready so we can get those funds in as quickly as possible.

Edited by Millenniumram

Just now, Millenniumram said:

As a matter of fact, yes I do. Not sure why you think that’s such a laughable suggestion? If this deal falls through, we will need cash, and fast, otherwise we’re finished. We will need buyers at the ready so we can get those funds in as quickly as possible.

Yes you do what?

What have I asked about you?

With all this talking of a second group possibly purchasing the club instead of BZG, it got me wondering about the state of the deal at present. This is all supposition and I'm more than happy for anyone to correct me if I'm completely wrong on any part of this but...

Nicho reported on the deal earlier this week by stating that "the deal is done and all closing conditions precedent have been satisfied and met." I won't pretend to have any level of expertise in business lingo and practices, but my interpretation of that is that the sale is effectively done and it is merely the transfer of funds that needs to happen. To simplify that, I think of it as being like when you win an auction on eBay. The sale is agreed at close of auction, and it is just formalities from that point onwards.

If that is the case, would it also be the case that Mel would not be able to do anything other than wait for the transaction to complete? If BZG are insisting that they have every intention of closing the transaction and that the money has been sent, then wouldn't it mean that we're obligated to sell to them? If Mel were to now instead start looking for other parties, one would assume that there could be the potential of legal ramifications from BZG as this deal wouldn't have been fulfilled. You can't sell something you've already sold.

I just wonder with the seemingly quite substantial delay in the funds arriving from BZG and the reporters that have broken this story - John Percy, Jim White, Rob Dorsett - all being reporters that the club's previously "used" to get information out if this might have been put out with the intention of forcing BZG into doing something. Either getting the money transferred to the club and the sale finished or dropping the whole thing to allow the club to move onto trying to sell to another party.