Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leeds fans far worse than Forest fans with comments on this.   Think most Forest fans appreciate if were not around there's not much to do in this league. 

I'd even go as far as to say some of the awful bile from the freaks in West Yorkshire has now made them the  club I wish would disappear entirely - never thought that about any club before. I loathe them, Vile population of bamfords. 

As for Morris - all I can say is making 500 million was clearly pure luck and not any business acumen.  This situation is an absolute disgrace.  At least poor old Lionel had ill health reasons regarding mental capacity to leave us worth 3 quid. 

It's most likely that Mel doesn't want to top up the funds of the club as he fully expects this takeover to still happen. Adding more of his own money into the club now will mean they'd have to revise the amount of money the new owners will have to pay to Mel, adding more legal complications/adjusted contracts into the process, so they're deciding to use a neutral third party who is already an established lender to the club to avoid this.

I'm not worried about this news for now until we hear otherwise. I do feel that this being out on twitter and on the news is to put pressure on the new group to get on with signing on the dotted line as it is terrible PR for them.

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Where to start. 

Sacking managers like he was sacking of a fat chick on a night out because he wasn't drunk enough with beer goggles. How much has the sackings cost. 

Wage bill to over 36 million a year on crap players who I wouldn't pay in peanuts. 

Taking us through an efl hearing after being forced to sell the stadium to stay above ffp. 

Now can't afford wages so we may end up in administration. If no-one takes a chance we could cease to exist. 

He's made us an absolute joke the last 2 and a bit years that everyone hates Derby now and genuinely would love to see us fall down the pyramid of football 

Yes but how is all of that relevant to the current proceedings concerning the take over? It isn’t and is simply an opinion of his actions during his tenure. That is a description as to why fans may have disliked his tenure as owner, nothing to do with the current situation. Everything you’ve pointed out he’s probably realised himself hence his decision to want to sell. 

I’ll be more specific with my question. Can someone provide me a rationale as to why so much hate is attributed toward Mel and his role as owner during the current takeover proceedings? 

Again I’ll reiterate it appears to be the Sheikh that is playing this the way he wants. Mel has done everything he needs to do, sign paperwork, legal agreements etc. How is it his fault the prospective new over is dodgy and won’t provide the agreed funds as per the legal agreements and negotiations? Most likely because he thinks he can renegotiate a cheaper deal given the current position of the club. It’s easier for him, and if he does eventually come in, no doubt he will be seen as a ‘saviour’ of the club and receive undeserved adoration in my eyes.    

Just now, Shang said:

I do feel that this being out on twitter and on the news is to put pressure on the new group to get on with signing on the dotted line as it is terrible PR for them.

You'd think not paying your previous legal bills would be terrible PR?

Just now, belperram9 said:

Again I’ll reiterate it appears to be the Sheikh that is playing this the way he wants. Mel has done everything he needs to do, sign paperwork, legal agreements etc. How is it his fault the prospective new owner is dodgy and won’t provide the agreed funds as per the legal agreements and negotiations?

Lol! He picked the buyer that's how!

Nothing is going to happen today. Or tomorrow.....

This is could be a classic negotiation stand off. A bit like Brexit. Friday is clearly the big day. Either

A). the deal goes through , everyone gets paid and we all move on and we have to beat Rotherham on Saturday 

B) it doesn’t. We go into administration, we get a points deduction and we end up letting all our good players go for peanuts. We get relegated and someone buys the club for peanuts 

If B, then we’d better hope that the EFL cancel the season !

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's irrelevant. If the club are late paying players they are breaching the contracts they have with those players. 

I wouldn't sit and wait passively out of some misguided sense of loyalty, why should I expect anyone at Derby to? 

Fair enough, there's no ethics for some in business it seems.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did the players not get paid in the end?

Higginbotham has said on twitter he was trying to force the club to pay the staff, it wasn't just the players that weren't paid. He was pressuring the club the only way he could. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Higginbotham has said on twitter he was trying to force the club to pay the staff, it wasn't just the players that weren't paid. He was pressuring the club the only way he could. 

You believe what you want to believe that's your choice. I think differently and I don't think it was seen that way when he did it.

Archived