Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If it were Fawaz, I'd think any journalist would be eager to name him. He'd be bringing in his monthly click-quota from Forest fans alone if that were to happen!

Very true, but can’t think of anyone else that would be that “interesting”... he said he was interested before! 

At this point, that’s almost looking like the best possible outcome ?

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Rooney to turn into the new Phil Brown......

I’d be impressed if Wayne could develop that pasty scouse complexion into the tanned glow of a Phil Brown before the end of the season.

To this day when me and the other half are lounging on sun beds in the Sun she’d say “Ohh you’ve gone really brown” I would always reply “but an I Phil Brown brown?”

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Probably at any time their pay is overdue I would have thought but, unless they've got another job to walk into, it's probably in their best interest to carry on in the hope it gets resolved.

It probably wouldn't be - especially for the top players. They always get better wages and loyalty bonuses if they are a free transfer. Plyers like Knight or Bielik would do brilliantly from walking away tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Probably at any time their pay is overdue I would have thought but, unless they've got another job to walk into, it's probably in their best interest to carry on in the hope it gets resolved.

Players agents could already be on the blower to interested clubs.

Just now, CornwallRam said:

It probably wouldn't be - especially for the top players. They always get better wages and loyalty bonuses if they are a free transfer. Plyers like Knight or Bielik would do brilliantly from walking away tomorrow. 

Tom Lawrence not so. 

Just now, Carnero said:

Derby defender Danny Higginbotham has handed in his notice to the cash-strapped First Division club.

The 23-year-old has taken radical action, citing breach of contract after Derby failed to pay any players' wages for August.

And that's why I've always hated Higginbotham.

2 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Genuinely baffled as to why there is so much hate for Mel?

It’s clearly the new owners stalling the deal. Perhaps the original sale amount that was agreed has been reviewed by the Shiekh and he has offered a lower amount due to the likelihood/threat of relegation? They’ve clearly got Mel by the balls and will play this out until he submits to their demands which could be peanuts. Yes, I understand that if Mel has the best interests at heart he will simply give in to the Shiek. But he’s a business man, why would he? 

Mel has pumped money into this club and come close, we’ve always faltered at the final hurdle. Can’t blame him for wanting not to waste all his money anymore on something that isn’t viable. There is no point owning a football club outside the premier league in my opinion as you simply operate at a loss in the long term hence him greasing the wheels to keep EFL off our backs (unless you are mega rich like the sheikh).

In light of the above can someone provide me with a rationale as to why there is so much hate for MM?

Where to start. 

Sacking managers like he was sacking of a fat chick on a night out because he wasn't drunk enough with beer goggles. How much has the sackings cost. 

Wage bill to over 36 million a year on crap players who I wouldn't pay in peanuts. 

Taking us through an efl hearing after being forced to sell the stadium to stay above ffp. 

Now can't afford wages so we may end up in administration. If no-one takes a chance we could cease to exist. 

He's made us an absolute joke the last 2 and a bit years that everyone hates Derby now and genuinely would love to see us fall down the pyramid of football 

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

I doubt Gadsby has got enough money to take Derby on.

True - But as @Mostyn6 wrote a few minutes ago, he was able to set up a deal twice. 
Wasn‘t the second one after he was not happy with the US consortium?! Doesn‘t matter anyway at all today - this is such a dark day in the club‘s history.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I reckon there are people waiting for admin to happen

Maybe so. The stadium is sold, the Academy is mortgaged - wasn't that the previous Dell loan security? Not far to go, although theirs some good player equity - have been reading Nicko (of the Sun) tweets about Wigan, they sold players at a big 'loss' seems it would have been better to asset strip before admin. Maybe there's another buyer out there if Mel drops the price?

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

This saga has been going on since the start of November. If anyone couldn't see this was dodgy then God help them.

I don't think the fact that it's been going on since November is especially usual so, I don't agree that that, in isolation was a red flag.

Archived