Abu Derby County

tinman

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

And still absolute radio silence from the club about our situation, and everything else going on at the club. Fans being treated with utter contempt.

At such a delicate time I'm not sure you can expect the club to be going public.

It seems to me the deal is still on (don't worry, I've got my medication ready), a loan of some description is being negotiated to see us through or, we are on the verge of administration.

Whichever one, it's a very delicate time and whilst no updates is frustrating, I'm not sure they can provide one just now.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Referring to Dell taking ownership of the club because of the default on the loan?

EDIT: Oh God, it’s Fawaz isn’t it

If it were Fawaz, I'd think any journalist would be eager to name him. He'd be bringing in his monthly click-quota from Forest fans alone if that were to happen!

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Referring to Dell taking ownership of the club because of the default on the loan?

EDIT: Oh God, it’s Fawaz isn’t it

I read the oh god its fawaz bit and spoke it like you would in a movie and nearly fell of my seat laughing 

Just now, CornwallRam said:

At this point a Fawaz takeover looks to be the best case scenario.

.....Fawaz would be like the last two months of the takeover, but just, forever, like it's a new normal.

Mel's run out of dosh. Our future looks like the three ameigos with new hats. I'm half expecting Rooney to turn into the new Phil Brown......

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

Anyone know at what point the players can walk away from their contracts? 

Probably at any time their pay is overdue I would have thought but, unless they've got another job to walk into, it's probably in their best interest to carry on in the hope it gets resolved.

Mels all happy to come out when it’s good and say it’s his club and he loves us and all the baalocks he says. Then when it goes bad he goes silent. When was the last time we heard from Mel?? I think it was 6 months ago at the start of the season?? 

Genuinely baffled as to why there is so much hate for Mel?

It’s clearly the new owners stalling the deal. Perhaps the original sale amount that was agreed has been reviewed by the Shiekh and he has offered a lower amount due to the likelihood/threat of relegation? They’ve clearly got Mel by the balls and will play this out until he submits to their demands which could be peanuts. Yes, I understand that if Mel has the best interests at heart he will simply give in to the Shiek. But he’s a business man, why would he? 

Mel has pumped money into this club and come close, we’ve always faltered at the final hurdle. Can’t blame him for wanting not to waste all his money anymore on something that isn’t viable. There is no point owning a football club outside the premier league in my opinion as you simply operate at a loss in the long term hence him greasing the wheels to keep EFL off our backs (unless you are mega rich like the sheikh).

In light of the above can someone provide me with a rationale as to why there is so much hate for MM?

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

At such a delicate time I'm not sure you can expect the club to be going public.

It seems to me the deal is still on (don't worry, I've got my medication ready), a loan of some description is being negotiated to see us through or, we are on the verge of administration.

Whichever one, it's a very delicate time and whilst no updates is frustrating, I'm not sure they can provide one just now.

True, but I at least think they can come out and say whether the takeover is still on or not. Don’t need to go into any more detail at the moment, but at least we’d be clear where we stand.

Archived