Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, If we shoot we might score said:

Nothing is going to happen today. Or tomorrow.....

This is could be a classic negotiation stand off. A bit like Brexit. Friday is clearly the big day. Either

A). the deal goes through , everyone gets paid and we all move on and we have to beat Rotherham on Saturday 

B) it doesn’t. We go into administration, we get a points deduction and we end up letting all our good players go for peanuts. We get relegated and someone buys the club for peanuts 

If B, then we’d better hope that the EFL cancel the season !

WHY ARE WE WAI-TING? This takeover is a farce. It Iooks like we are being sold on to wasters who have no right to have control on our club....or we are in desperate financial straits because the current owner has pulled the plug. It needs to be sorted very quickly. Whoever is in charge next week, a lot of work needs to be done to get many fans back on side.

Given what's happening, the very best available outcome for the club seems to be a heavily leveraged buyout which will saddle us with God knows how much debt, and a new owner having made a minimal cash contribution to ownership.

Seeing as MSD seem to lend at rates between 9-12%, and any owners would need to borrow an initial £60m just to give Mel a token amount back of what he's invested, it's hard to see the point.

We'll be adding another £6m minimum to the outgoings, with little room to increase revenue, even in normal times, never mind now.

We're up the creek, and someone's repossessed the canoe, never mind the paddles!

We'll have to start again post Covid, and build our way back.

11 minutes ago, If we shoot we might score said:

This is could be a classic negotiation stand off. A bit like Brexit. Friday is clearly the big day. Either

A). the deal goes through , everyone gets paid and we all move on and we have to beat Rotherham on Saturday 

B) it doesn’t. We go into administration, we get a points deduction and we end up letting all our good players go for peanuts. We get relegated and someone buys the club for peanuts 

So you assume that if A) fails, Mel Morris will no longer support the club and pay the wages. Mel Morris is better than that . Money would be tight and we could forget big spending on transfers until such time as we find another buyer, but he will not abandon the club.

8 minutes ago, If we shoot we might score said:

Total guesswork here on my part, But I'd imagine that if the season gets cancelled, all league positions will be ignored, and from that perspective, everyone starts afresh next season.

However, if the rules say "Administration = relegation", then I strongly suspect that anyone going into Admin will still get relegated, regardless of league standing and/or when/why the season gets shut down?  I assume a "goodwill gesture" to promote whoever was in top spot in L1, at the time the season is voided, (Or maybe decided on PPG) purely to balance out the numbers?

I can't see the season being null and voided will save of from the rules relating to admin.

All results and league positions can be written off.  Admin can't, surely?

Like I say... Total guesswork on my part!  ?‍♂️

7 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Isn’t this just sky reporting what John Percy said earlier this week? Players still not paid takeover still not complete... still working on it hoping it happens this week? 

There's nothing to work on - either the money arrives or it doesn't, and seeing as we're already 13 (or more) days after it was supposedly sent, what outcome are you banking on?

There are banking / money transfer holdups, and then there's this.

This is a top quality meltdown thread. 

I'd say let's see what happens over the next few weeks but clearly nobody has any patience. 

I don't know what will happen and neither do you. Though I will say whilst the ownership of the club, the stadium, and it's debts belong to one man then it is best not to throw unfounded insults at a man with good intentions who has not placed us in administration or sold us to a loony, and has picked up the tab during a pandemic. 

It's like the shameful attitudes of home fans towards good men like Pickering and Doughty has been forgotten completely. 

I've got a straw for everyone to clutch at.

If we have to take the loan, the Sheikh will be paying the interest on it, as it will be a club loan. Maybe this is Mel's ploy to pressure the prospective new owners to sort this out by Friday.

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF 

7 minutes ago, Coconut said:

There's nothing to work on - either the money arrives or it doesn't, and seeing as we're already 13 (or more) days after it was supposedly sent, what outcome are you banking on?

There are banking / money transfer holdups, and then there's this.

Just now, sage said:

If we have to take the loan, the Sheikh will be paying the interest on it, as it will be a club loan. Maybe this is Mel's ploy to pressure the prospective new owners to sort this out by Friday.

I’ll take one of those straws please

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Ah the old imaginary straw strategy. 

Archived