Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Any chance of this being done before Xmas? 

A bit like Christmas, I am now just assuming this isn't happening.

If it does, its a lovely surprise.

People here also seem to assume that it will be on a Man City scale - could just be enough for a small squad refresh and a new duffle coat for Wayne.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can feel it in my brittle bones, this week is the week.

Rooney will meet with the board, tell them his plans, they will confirm him in post and just before Christmas we will have an announcement the takeover is done and Wayne Rooney is our leader.

Total guess work, but it would be a cracking way to kick off the festive period.

The stadium will be renamed the 'Middlesbrough Stinks of Wazz Arena' shortly after.

2 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

A bit like Christmas, I am now just assuming this isn't happening.

If it does, its a lovely surprise.

People here also seem to assume that it will be on a Man City scale - could just be enough for a small squad refresh and a new duffle coat for Wayne.

I don’t think there are many on this forum that seriously think it will be anywhere near the Man City scale.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think there are many on this forum that seriously think it will be anywhere near the Man City scale.

You'd not know ...

We are on 239 pages about something that hasn't happened yet and is fuelled by what someone's Nan heard from the postman's dog walker's tennis coach.

3 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

You'd not know ...

We are on 239 pages about something that hasn't happened yet and is fuelled by what someone's Nan heard from the postman's dog walker's tennis coach.

Yes, we’re on page 239 because talk of over is pretty big news even if it turns out the impact is minimal. And, of course, the pages have been added to because of the delays, debates about the potential reasons, will it even happen and questions about the potential new owners wealth etc but, I still don’t think many of us are expecting to be the next dominant force in English football.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes, we’re on page 239 because talk of over is pretty big news even if it turns out the impact is minimal. And, of course, the pages have been added to because of the delays, debates about the potential reasons, will it even happen and questions about the potential new owners wealth etc but, I still don’t think many of us are expecting to be the next dominant force in English football.

Oh I think they/we are ?

Actually beyond caring about this. Over the years we have had all sorts of different owners and pretty much we are roughly where we were in the early eighties. Not top drawer, not national league. We bobble along some years do better than others. 

At the end of the day I just want to see competitive enjoyable football. You cannot spend too much irrespective of the owner, so to me the Manager is more important than the ownership. 

2 minutes ago, one_chop said:

This week is the moment of truth. If it's not happened by Thursday then you can safely say it was never to be.

I thought there was definitely, certainly, absolutely, categorically no chance of this ever happening, as per several of your posts over the recent weeks?

1 minute ago, one_chop said:

This week is the moment of truth. If it's not happened by Thursday then you can safely say it was never to be.

Rooney will be appointed manager with no funds available, he will have to sell or rely on one or two loans.

I have absolutely no problem with this.

I think the existing squad toughening up under WR's uncompressing gaze would be great.

Unless the investment is massive, I think more money will just add more fog and half ersedness.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

You'd not know ...

This is what really winds me up about people being so stupid!  If the bloody postman had the sense to take that mangey mutt to work with him, he wouldn't even need a poxy dog walker!

Some people are so thick!

2 hours ago, one_chop said:

Rooney will be appointed manager with no funds available, he will have to sell or rely on one or two loans.

Well One Chop’s post today is actually more positive than his post on 13th December, just 8 days ago

”It's gone beyond the point now where we can keep making excuses for the delay. It's not happening, close the thread”

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure the amount of pages is way to measure importance. If so, this takeover is about half as important as George Thorne's transfer was. ?

Archived