Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If we're not going to appoint a permanent manager until the takeover is complete, who will takeover as caretaker once Rooney's playing contract expires in the summer?

He’s got an option of another year 

This is bonkers

Every day that goes by Rooney the player gets less fit and less match-sharp (training at night at home isn't going to be the same as proper training with the team). So if he doesn't get the job, it'll take longer for him to get back up to speed as a player.

And Rooney the manager must find the uncertainty of not knowing what happens next preys on his mind.

I actually now reckon it's all going to fall through.

1 minute ago, Gritty said:

This is bonkers

Every day that goes by Rooney the player gets less fit and less match-sharp (training at night at home isn't going to be the same as proper training with the team). So if he doesn't get the job, it'll take longer for him to get back up to speed as a player.

And Rooney the manager must find the uncertainty of not knowing what happens next preys on his mind.

I actually now reckon it's all going to fall through.

Who cares about Rooney the player? Worst player since the season started post lockdown last season, continued that this season, we’ve been better without him playing and he’s out of contract in the summer anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Who cares about Rooney the player? Worst player since the season started post lockdown last season, continued that this season, we’ve been better without him playing and he’s out of contract in the summer anyway. 

You've not watched Lawrence then this season i take it?. At least Rooney won us the game at Norwich. You may as well have played me this season instead of Lawrence, and trust me, my footballing days are long gone. ?

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

You say who cares but you know if we get a new manager then they will play rooney and if he is not fit and not like he was before lockdown then it will be a long season 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's where we're going wrong, that take over is the financial George Thorne.

It'll be great for a day then we'll find out it's got crippled knees.

We got warned very early on in the thread this Sheikh is financially crippled

Archived