Abu Derby County

tinman

8 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Any moment now... Shiekh Khaled is just fighting through the infamous A52 traffic. 

Or maybe Shiekh Khaled was on his way down the A52 to the stadium and was stopped in his tracks at the absolutely immense feat of engineering that is our new footbridge, they dont get structures like that in sandy old Dubai.

He is probably stood there at the side of the 52 in absolute awe.

Dont show him the metal rings on the spot for gawd sake.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As each passing game and week goes by, the 'shambles' which was once 'our' proud club, has slowly but surely now has descended to a rudderless chaotic mess.   

From delay, dithering and indecision and a deathly silence at boardroom level.

Chopping and changing of personnel,tactic,views and ideas on players, their positions  and roles by successive team managers.

The players who have become confused, disheartened and some cases disenchanted by what they see all around the them.

There seems to be an air of the inevitable descending upon the place, that we indeed  'maybe'  doomed barring a miracle.

(Anyone know our Saviour's number ? )

Just now, one_chop said:

Another day gone. No announcement.

Delete the thread 

OMG do you not understand what the word imminent means.

Imminent means - not today, maybe not tomorrow, or maybe it could be, not on a Friday as Sheikh Khaled watches the omnibus of Carry on Camel and definitely not Sunday, could be Tuesday, or maybe not at all, in a nutshell, imminent means anything you want it to baby.

What's so hard to understand?

Here is a completely unrelated GIF...

dance dancing GIF by ARTEfr

49 years supported the rams through thick and thin but this whole shambles of a takeover and the way Mel Morris as run the club the past year as left me so disillusioned and to be honest disinterested. Let's face it there's no investment we are going to become the next Sunderland a big club in League 1 and Morris is going to less interested as the sole owner. It's a good job there are no fans allowed back in the stadium. 

At the moment I think that we are in as big a mess as the 1983-84 season. Winding up petitions were issued by HMRC - we didn’t have a pot to p**s in. Peter Taylor was fired over half way through that season (if I remember rightly we are currently doing worse points wise than then). 
We were ultimately relegated, about five points from safety. 
This season has so many comparisons, not least of which is the sense of impending relegation that stayed with us throughout until it was inevitable, along with the complete disarray behind the scenes. 

I do hope that this time it will be different, however as each game passes by without collecting three points, the harder it will get to save our status. 

Please Mel, for goodness sake sort this mess out quickly. 

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

OMG do you not understand what the word imminent means.

Imminent means - not today, maybe not tomorrow, or maybe it could be, not on a Friday as Sheikh Khaled watches the omnibus of Carry on Camel and definitely not Sunday, could be Tuesday, or maybe not at all, in a nutshell, imminent means anything you want it to baby.

What's so hard to understand?

Here is a completely unrelated GIF...

dance dancing GIF by ARTEfr

Great GIF. 

Looks like our defence when a cross comes in! 

9 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

At the moment I think that we are in as big a mess as the 1983-84 season. Winding up petitions were issued by HMRC - we didn’t have a pot to p**s in. Peter Taylor was fired over half way through that season (if I remember rightly we are currently doing worse points wise than then). 
This season has so many comparisons, not least of which is the sense of impending relegation that stayed with us throughout until it was inevitable, along with the complete disarray behind the scenes. 

I do hope that this time it will be different, however as each game passes by without collecting three points, the harder it will get to save our status. 

Think Mel has left the building? certainly in mind and sole.

23 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It is starting to look a bit dodgy now.

Wayne said 24 to 48 hours about 5 days ago.

Sad as I am, I've just checked on all the local journalists who are DCFC related Twitter accounts. None have Tweeted for over 2 hours. The only thing the club have Tweeted is about an academy game and John Percy seems to have vanished. 

It's almost as if they are all busy preparing for an imminent announcement....is that a my straw over there? 

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Sad as I am, I've just checked on all the local journalists who are DCFC related Twitter accounts. None have Tweeted for over 2 hours. The only thing the club have Tweeted is about an academy game and John Percy seems to have vanished. 

It's almost as if they are all busy preparing for an imminent announcement....is that a my straw over there? 

Let’s hope you’ve stumbled upon some good news

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

If you are right and we get some good news tonight, I'm booking a holiday to St Ives and will have pint at the sloop in your name 

18 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

We had 15 points after 15 games in 83-84. In 1954-55 (the other time we dropped into the 3rd tier) we had 12 points (actually 9, but 12 using 3 points for a win). 

If it doesn't happen this week then it is never going to happen. Going to be a period where some DCFC fans are seriously going to question their allegience to this club. I am however not one of those whatever happens happens. I will still be supporting this great club of ours whoever is at the helm,whoever is the manager and whoever is on the pitch. It's rude not to!!!!

46 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

49 years supported the rams through thick and thin but this whole shambles of a takeover and the way Mel Morris as run the club the past year as left me so disillusioned and to be honest disinterested. Let's face it there's no investment we are going to become the next Sunderland a big club in League 1 and Morris is going to less interested as the sole owner. It's a good job there are no fans allowed back in the stadium. 

See, this is part of the problem. New, glory hunting fans who expect everything to be good and they want it now. Those of us who have been fans for more than 50 years know that being a Ram is never easy!

3 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

If it doesn't happen this week then it is never going to happen. Going to be a period where some DCFC fans are seriously going to question their allegience to this club. I am however not one of those whatever happens happens. I will still be supporting this great club of ours whoever is at the helm,whoever is the manager and whoever is on the pitch. It's rude not to!!!!

Unless it happens next week, or the week after that.

Seriously though, very few are going to question their allegiance just because the takeover doesn't happen. 

Archived