Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Only one solution for it then - Get your hand in your pocket, offer the money required to buy the club and then you can do things your way. Sounds like you may have all the answers.

Oh wait, what's that, you don't have the money, and you don't have any knowledge of how best to run a football club. Ah, didn't think so. 

You haven't a clue what's going on so unravel ya knickers 

Wind your neck in, it’s a forum for opinions 

Funniest thread on here..

you were all creaming yourself when the talk of the takeover was first put out there, no one cared where all this money was coming from just that we were going to be the new Man City, playing in the European Super League every week...

and because you haven't got the dirty money in your grubby little hands yet you are all acting like spoilt little kids.!

Almost 180 pages of people "demanding" answers because they are "entitled to know"....guess what..? We are just fans of the football club... haven't you worked out yet that we are about 100 millionth on the list of people who are important to the club, they don't care about you...they might say they do, but they don't. 

Fingers crossed it never happens, but i fear it will and it will happen when the club and whoever are good and ready not when the fans "demand" it to happen.

Meanwhile I will keep myself entertained by reading this thread, it truly is hillarious.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

you were all creaming yourself when the talk of the takeover was first put out there, no one cared where all this money was coming from just that we were going to be the new Man City, playing in the European Super League every week...

and because you haven't got the dirty money in your grubby little hands yet you are all acting like spoilt little kids.!

Almost 180 pages of people "demanding" answers because they are "entitled to know"....guess what..? We are just fans of the football club... haven't you worked out yet that we are about 100 millionth on the list of people who are important to the club, they don't care about you...they might say they do, but they don't. 

Fingers crossed it never happens, but i fear it will and it will happen when the club and whoever are good and ready not when the fans "demand" it to happen.

Meanwhile I will keep myself entertained by reading this thread, it truly is hillarious.

As you read each post do you laugh out loud? 

The Office Lol GIF

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

At the moment I think that we are in as big a mess as the 1983-84 season. Winding up petitions were issued by HMRC - we didn’t have a pot to p**s in. Peter Taylor was fired over half way through that season (if I remember rightly we are currently doing worse points wise than then). 
We were ultimately relegated, about five points from safety. 
This season has so many comparisons, not least of which is the sense of impending relegation that stayed with us throughout until it was inevitable, along with the complete disarray behind the scenes. 

I do hope that this time it will be different, however as each game passes by without collecting three points, the harder it will get to save our status. 

Please Mel, for goodness sake sort this mess out quickly. 

Remember that season well especially after the FA Cup Quarter-Final against Plymouth when I thought that would be the last match we would see as Derby fans dark days and it's the same thing again. 

47 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I know, I know.....I've tried this tactic before so he may be getting fed up with me but here goes.....

So @Owen87ITK how did you address the Sheik? Was it "Your Highness" or "Your Excellency" or "Hey bud"?

It was more likely “Sheikh Khaled is replacing a weary Mel Morris. Fresh legs definitely required. This substitution is brought to you courtesy of Ron Brooks, Toyota”.

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And yet without any fans there would be no Derby County. Funny old world.

38 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Why are you here if you don’t want it to happen? You sound a right bitter old man. I expect you to be watching Burton Albion in the Papa johns trophy then when we are playing in the Europa league?

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Great response and so true we as fans are entitled to know about a club we love and support. 

I don't see that we're actually "entitled to know" and I'm sure they'll tell us when they can. On that point I agree with @MuespachRam. However, I disagree with Muespach when he says the club don't care. For commercial reasons if for no others I'm sure they do. 

54 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why are you here if you don’t want it to happen? You sound a right bitter old man. I expect you to be watching Burton Albion in the Papa johns trophy then when we are playing in the Europa league?

I guess I value my morals more than I do Derby County winning a few games paid for by dirty money.. ah well. 

51 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't see that we're actually "entitled to know" and I'm sure they'll tell us when they can. On that point I agree with @MuespachRam. However, I disagree with Muespach when he says the club don't care. For commercial reasons if for no others I'm sure they do. 

That might just be the only reason they do care actually, to sell a few more shirts and overpriced beer 

Archived