Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Just no way this is actually going to happen. Nothing will be more Derby than the news coming out tomorrow that it’s all fallen through and we’re left with Rooney as permanent manager.

When the last one fell through there was no announcement. They still kept briefing journalists that everything was on track for a while, and then nothing more was said.

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

When the last one fell through there was no announcement. They still kept briefing journalists that everything was on track for a while, and then nothing more was said.

Something hasn’t felt right with this one since the first news broke. I hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Telegraph match report says to be done by the end of the week 

I've not seen the match report. Not seen anything off Steve Nicholson which says end of the week.

Surely it has to be tomorrow?

Last Friday it was "days away"

Monday it was 24-48 hours. 

Now its apparently end of the week.

Reading Rooney's comments in the telegraph when he was asked about John Terry. 

"As I said, the important thing is that will happen very soon, and the sooner the better.

"Once that happens I am sure there will be a press release from the club on that and then I can answer your questions better, but for the time being there is not much more I can say about that"

To me that sounds like he's pretty much been told he will get the job.

25 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Did Newcastle put out a club statement regarding the takeover being close to finalisation though? That's a genuine question because I don't remember, and I don't think we'd have done that unless we had complete confidence that it would go through. And if it falls through, then I'd hope we'd put another statement out to notify fans rather than just never mentioning it again.

Social media will be toxic if it doesn't go through though. The club are already getting stick on multiple platforms for it not being finalised, when really people don't have a clue why or what has prevented it from being announced so far.

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I've not seen the match report. Not seen anything off Steve Nicholson which says end of the week.

Surely it has to be tomorrow?

Last Friday it was "days away"

Monday it was 24-48 hours. 

Now its apparently end of the week.

Reading Rooney's comments in the telegraph when he was asked about John Terry. 

"As I said, the important thing is that will happen very soon, and the sooner the better.

"Once that happens I am sure there will be a press release from the club on that and then I can answer your questions better, but for the time being there is not much more I can say about that"

To me that sounds like he's pretty much been told he will get the job.

Sorry, it was The Telegraph not Derby Telegraph

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Whilst I can’t wait for new owners, let’s be realistic, it won’t be a quick fix.New owners, like new managers, can be a lottery.

I'm more interested in the level of certainty it will give the club, players and any prospective manager. We are currently paralysed waiting for this thing to go through. It wont change results overnight but it will give us a workable way forward at least.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm more interested in the level of certainty it will give the club, players and any prospective manager. We are currently paralysed waiting for this thing to go through. It wont change results overnight but it will give us a workable way forward at least.

Even a confirmation that it's not happening will at least end the limbo - Mel can make a decision and we can move forward again. Obviously, it falling through wouldn't exactly be great, but the uncertainty is killing us right now.

Having this uncertainty isn't helping the supporters realise what might happen to the club both short and medium term. 

Now imagine being a player with all of this uncertainty with the club going through so many changes. Nothing stays the same for longer than two minutes both on and off the pitch. They are near on impossible working conditions and what I believe is leading to the results we are seeing. 

We have good players on our books but nobody to steer the ship - when this changes, I think the results will to.

All we need is stability (both players and supporters) and hopefully we'll get this as soon as the take-over is announced and we can start to get points on the board. 

Early 2021 we'll have supporters starting to get back in the stadium so we can be the 12th man again, let 's just hope we are still within touching distance to get enough points on the board. 

19 hours ago, one_chop said:

I'll reiterate what I said about ten thousand pages back, it ain't happening.

Ten thousand pages back!!

I think you may have posted that in the wrong thread, sounds like you posted it in the George Thorne one!

I'm starting to get the feeling it is going the same way as Newcastle.

Sounds like everything has been agreed, approved, the solicitors have done their checks and and it wouldnt surprise me if all that remains to happen is the cold hard cash to change hands.

I know you cant expect the club to keep updating the fans, but given the current dire situation we are in, if things were rosy and we were just waiting on a signature etc, a quick statement to say things are still on track, better days are around the corner etc.

The silence is deafening at the minute.

Archived