Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Deserved for Bournemouth. How many times are we going to try this score one and then defend for the rest of the game. It doesnt work and will never work. I also have no idea why we dont bother subbing our clearly exhausted attacking players until about 30 seconds before thevend.

It worked against norwich

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 1-1.

An away point against probably the best team in the division. 

Good performance from a lot of players; but the attacking players who's press was so good for 30 minutes looked dead on their feet before half time. That's a huge concern if this is our style. 

Bournemouth bosses possession without any of that pressing; and a goal was inevitable. Could have lost it, easily. 

Still had a few great counterattacking opportunities that we wasted masterfully.

Shinnie MOTM; Marshall with some incredible saves.

Enjoy your weekend folks! Remember, its only football ☺️

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Another good round of subs from Cocu today.

Whilst winning 1-0: Rooney off for a massively out of form midfielder.

Right after conceding an equaliser: A defender (who had played well) for a defender.

With 3 minutes left and still drawing: Takes off our striker and gives just a few minutes to 1 of our most creative players. 

Because both have been out for a while and were on there arse 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Another good round of subs from Cocu today.

Whilst winning 1-0: Rooney off for a massively out of form midfielder.

Right after conceding an equaliser: A defender (who had played well) for a defender.

With 3 minutes left and still drawing: Takes off our striker and gives just a few minutes to 1 of our most creative players. 

Spot on.

Sibley on earlier for Rooney.

CKR for Lawrence.

Waggy was working his socks off until the very end.

Shinnie all over the place - our best player hands down.

I will take the point although it could have been more.

Lawrence & Waggy don't have a full game in them when we press high, we have options for this in Richards, Sibbo, Holmes etc but Cocu HAS to see this and take action earlier.

Overall we are getting better but PLEASE stop trying to defend a 1 goal lead for 70 mins, we cant do it and have proven it time and again.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Terrible game management from Cocu, yes performances are improving but it's not enough when we aren't winning. If we don't win 1 out of the next 2 he has to go no matter what. 

Thought you said he had to go today? You can’t make up your mind can you? 

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Come on peeps. Draw here was always going to be a good result.

COYR.

You won't find anyone (I hope) saying a draw away at these isn't a decent result. It's the manner in which we take leads and drop back to our own area almost immediately just waiting for them to score that is frustrating. And the subs were strange once again. 

4 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

I have been a Cocu fan, I have thought we have improved every game and tbf Bournemouth are a good team but I am losing faith in his management of the game, he just doesn't know when to make subs. His only answer is to put more defenders on!

We could have won this game and are now lucky to be drawing, if it wasn't for Marshall we would be in trouble.

Feel exactly the same. Was really happy at half time. But you have got it spot on - i have also lost much faith with management of second half. We could all see pressure needed taking off poor defence. 

Archived