Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

All those appearances for barca and Holland and yet so many randoms from Derby who couldn't even kick a ball know much more about tactics than cocu.  Amazing. 

This is hardly fair. You did watch the game didn’t you? From about 50 minutes it was not ‘if’ but ‘when’ they were going to score. If us humble idiots who couldn’t even kick a ball can all see that, as can former players on commentary then perhaps a once world class player should be seeing it too... 

Have Been a supporter of Cocu but this was the final straw. It was clear and obvious that substitutions were required after 65-70 mins. He sat on his own hands That draw is on his head only. It was like he was waiting for the equaliser. Reactive not proactive. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

It just seems that many think that it is just down to us that it’s ended up a draw and that the top 3 former prem team are their for the taking.

Yes, strange that all the teams we’ve played in these last 3 games have been “there for the taking” according to many. 

I suspect that might not be totally true. 

17 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What was the manager's fault?

Getting a point at a club that hasn't conceded at home since the first game?

Terrible.

Watching idly by as the opposition launched wave of wave after attack when it was clear to anyone watching that he needed to make a change in order to stem the tide and attempt to keep possession of the ball a bit further up the pitch.

Even as a staunch Cocu supporter it was stupid

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Come off it, look at the positions of our players in the second half. When Bournemouth had possession we had everyone in our own final third. No attempt to press like we were before we scored. You’ve got no chance sitting that deep for 70 minutes.

Pressing is exhausting. It's really difficult to do for 90 minutes.

Remember Leeds away last season? We got a point with a late goal because Leeds were completely shagged out.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Call me old fashioned but I want to see a Derby County WIN

Oh I am so sorry I didn't make my post clearer for you. I did say it is obvious we need to close out games, but a draw against the ONLY team in the division who haven't lost yet, at their ground and scoring a goal against a team who don't concede many, is actually a pretty good result 

1 minute ago, timmo said:

Have Been a supporter of Cocu but this was the final straw. It was clear and obvious that substitutions were required after 65-70 mins. He sat on his own hands That draw is on his head only. It was like he was waiting for the equaliser. Reactive not proactive. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out

He made a substitution after 60 minutes.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Remember Leeds away last season? We got a point with a late goal because Leeds were completely shagged out.

I’m sure it’s possible to do it more than 20 minutes. Even if it’s not all the time and you have to pick and choose when to do it. To allow Bournemouth that much time on the ball is utterly criminal.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So your comparing us now too last season's Leeds team ?

We need to start getting wins as this year i could see anyone going down. Wycombe have won Coventry beat Reading. Normally will see 2 teams you think they will go I can't say that this year and I know its only 8 games but we need to get act together as if this carries on we could seriously go this year. Hopefully we don't have the February curse this year as we are having the August September October and maybe November one this season 

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Difficult to answer that question as everyone's benchmark will be different.

However, I will say this...

Could you see a multi-billionaire owner fancying Cocu to get this team into the Prem as quickly as possible?

Could you see him getting sacked by the new ownership pretty swiftly?

Yes. I think it'll be one of the first things they spend their money on. 

There is green grass shoots there but you cant offered in this division to play for 45mins then hope to hang on,three times now we have thrown a lead away and we still sit in the bottom three,i think most on hear said lets look were we are at 10 games before we comment on Cocu me included

However if there is to be a take over that decision will for sure be taken 

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

2 goals scored from open play.

Go 1 up. Do well. Then abandon all of that and just sit off and have the back 5 on the edge of the 18 yard box. Shocking game management again. We keep doing it and don't seem to be learning at all. Thats 6 points dropped from winning positions in the last 3 games. Absolutely criminal. 

Cocu's game management is absolutely awful. But people keep saying "he'll get it right"

How long do we give him? I'll keep saying it. I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests this will change at all.

He’ll get it right, give him time. Unbeaten in 3 ?

Archived