Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Oh I am so sorry I didn't make my post clearer for you. I did say it is obvious we need to close out games, but a draw against the ONLY team in the division who haven't lost yet, at their ground and scoring a goal against a team who don't concede many, is actually a pretty good result 

I got all that. Previous record does not count on the day. Every match stands in its own right. Millwall lost three nil at home. Huddersfield should not have won by three goals. On the day they scored three goals. With better decisions we could have done better. Why use the same tactics that we used previously with same eventual result predicted by many on the forum.

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Difficult to answer that question as everyone's benchmark will be different.

However, I will say this...

Could you see a multi-billionaire owner fancying Cocu to get this team into the Prem as quickly as possible?

Could you see him getting sacked by the new ownership pretty swiftly?

Gotta say Newtfly, great questions asked and rightly so. 

In my opinion the answer to them would be NO and NO.

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Hopefully we don't have the February curse this year as we are having the August September October and maybe November one this season 

It's not a curse we're just poo. Why have we dropped back in the second half for 3 games in a row now and inevitably conceded. It's so predictable. This is all on cocu.

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Cocu basically saying we were pushed back by Bournmouth quality and overloads on the flanks. It wasn’t planned...

Whether it was planned or not - and I think we chose to defend a lead - it needed a response to get us back up the pitch, and have someone who could hold the ball. 

2 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Cocu basically saying we were pushed back by Bournmouth quality and overloads on the flanks. It wasn’t planned...

It's not difficult to reverse that situation, you just keep the ball for a bit instead of hoofing it away and push further up the pitch as a unit. Instead we just allowed wave after wave of attack. Where is this attacking football we've been waiting for? This is his second season and every game is so predictable. This formation makes us better defensively but at what cost? We're not winning games.

32 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Holmes is league2/ national league standard at best.He'll never be a regular player for us.

He’s better than league 2/ national league 100%. Whether he will be a regular for us is up for debate but he’s better than you’re claiming.

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It's not difficult to reverse that situation, you just keep the ball for a bit instead of hoofing it away and push further up the pitch as a unit. Instead we just allowed wave after wave of attack. Where is this attacking football we've been waiting for? This is his second season and every game is so predictable. This formation makes us better defensively but at what cost? We're not winning games.

And his plan to address this was?

What to say about that........ a point at Bournemouth is a good result which we should be happy with.

Its the manner of it that leaves a bitter taste. What could have been!

Players did well especially first half and everybody put a shift in.

Sadly we dropped further back as the game went on. We can’t expect to run the game against teams like this but the passive way we drop back is concerning.

Then the subs.........it should have been like the Mac era, replace your tiring forwards with like for like to keep the press going.

But we didn’t do that we replaced Rooney with a very out of form Holmes and Swapped two CB’s. Sibbo coming on was far too late to bother with.

You can’t sit back and defend a 1 goal lead for as long as we do in this division.......you’re always going to be punished!

21 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Watching idly by as the opposition launched wave of wave after attack when it was clear to anyone watching that he needed to make a change in order to stem the tide and attempt to keep possession of the ball a bit further up the pitch.

Even as a staunch Cocu supporter it was stupid

I’ve kept quiet all game and on reflection, that’s how I’m feeling right now; plenty could see it coming, it’s the job of the Manager to react what’s happening on the pitch. The signs were there towards the end of the first half, so it’s disappointing we conceded before changing tack and bizarrely starting to create the odd chance last 10 minutes.

Frustrated at the minute,

Still don’t want him gone because his game plan at the start was very good, we deserved our lead, we just didn’t seem to have any answer other than dig in; which was an enormous ask away at Bournemouth.

Oh well, about the only thing going is to look forward to the next game, ignoring the Arab sideshow, let’s concentrate on football and take the game to Our opponents next two home games.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

When we have a fully fit squad

We're never going to have a fully fit squad. You have to deal with injuries like every other club does. I don't see Ibe and Bielik changing these results. The problems are systemic, we've dropped back in the second half of all 3 of these 1-1 draws now with little to no threat going forward.

Archived