Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

FT 1-1.

An away point against probably the best team in the division. 

Good performance from a lot of players; but the attacking players who's press was so good for 30 minutes looked dead on their feet before half time. 

Bournemouth bosses possession without any of that pressing; and a goal was inevitable. Could have lost it, easily. 

Still had a few great counterattacking opportunities that we wasted masterfully.

Shinnie MOTM; Marshall with some incredible saves.

Enjoy your weekend folks! Remember, its only football ☺️

Thanks for all the updates again Saint

Just now, jimbo jones said:

I’ve been a critic of Holmes. But engage your brain before posting.

Holmes from the back end of last season, got injured and came back too early, he hasn't looked right at all and has quite rightly had his critics BUT this game he played decent when he came on, made a couple of mistakes but who doesn't?

Its a bit Groundhog Day. 

Start well strong press look the better side

Nearing HT signs we are tiring as press less impactful

We go ahead but can't get a 2nd

2nd half opponent starts to get on top

Subs are bizzare in the extreme

We concede  

Not sure how we saw that one out but a good point in the end. No possible way we could have maintained that early press for 90 mins. The problem was that once we sat in for a breather we found it very difficult to get back out. They will be up there come the end of the season so a draw is no disaster. 

What you need to ask is would sone other managers get more out of these players either with line up or a 433. Would they be more incisive within the game subs and tactics and I feel someone else would be better. Let's be honest though who would you go for out there now I can't think of anyone tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Another good round of subs from Cocu today.

Whilst winning 1-0: Rooney off for a massively out of form midfielder.

Right after conceding an equaliser: A defender (who had played well) for a defender.

With 3 minutes left and still drawing: Takes off our striker and gives just a few minutes to 1 of our most creative players. 

Subs were absolutely correct. The MTW and Sibley ones were just a bit too late.

Just now, LazloW said:

A draw here is a good result. I understand the frustration, as we could and should have gone on and won this game... but I still think some of the reactions have been - shall we say - a tad melodramatic.  

It's the match day thread. Melodramatic runs through it like a dose of salts.

You can be disappointed in the familiar performance and result while acknowledging Bournemouth are a good side. Still doesn't mean that because they're a good team, Cocu is blameless for the formulaic outcome. 

5 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

It wasn't switching off. He was fully aware and made a bad decision to get drawn in and not stay with his assigned man. I think it was Clark who was already on the man he ran towards and left the space for the Bournemouth player completely unchallenged. 

Switch off/make a bad decision. 
He is 19 years old. He will make mistakes. 

The mistake wouldn’t have happened though if he hadn’t had to spend 70 minutes defending like his life was on the line. So negative from Cocu. 

They couldn’t handle our pressing for the first twenty minutes. Why change tact? If legs get tired then press at the centre circle rather than the 18 yard line but don’t give up what’s worked so well. 

I’m Cocu in by the way but he’s making it very difficult for me to defend him. Awful match management in 2 of the last 3 matches from him. 

Archived