Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

A draw at Bournemouth is of course a good point.

It's very unusual for a manager to make so many unforced defensive substitutions (unless te Wierik was injured?). It meant we couldn't affect the game better up top with Sibbo for Sundance Tom and Colin for Waggy.

Bielik probably not fit enough to risk defending the game - he was there in case we were 3-0 up with 10 minutes to go. |Soon we'll have Jozwiak and Ibe available and Bielik fitter and the season will finally spring into life.

I listened to Radio Solent first half and Talk Sport 2 second. Sounded as if Shinnie and Marshall were our standout performers. Solent very impressed with our first half performance.

Now for Boris...

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

How long do we give him? I'll keep saying it. I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests this will change at all.

Difficult to answer that question as everyone's benchmark will be different.

However, I will say this...

Could you see a multi-billionaire owner fancying Cocu to get this team into the Prem as quickly as possible?

Could you see him getting sacked by the new ownership pretty swiftly?

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

But but but, "WE ARE GETTING THERE!"

By the time we're wherever there is supposed to be we'll be 20 points + off the play off spots.

At the moment, I can only assume the "getting there" refers to mid to mid-lower table...

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

What makes you think he wants to. We are up  against an unbeaten team playing at home and able to bring 3 quality subs on.  

They were there for the taking,we outplayed them,got a goal and sat back as we have done for the past three games once we took the lead.

We are making excuses when we should be angry for failing to capitalise on a great initial performance.

This isn't the boys fault,it's poor tactics and management i.m.o

It was good first half attacking them and they did not have a clue who to pick up but 2nd half went out trying to keep what we have and got deeper and deeper back. Should brought sibley earlier on. We need to streat them.

So frusrating we out played first half just need find a way to keep teams out.

It’s not wrong to say it’s a good point 

nor is it wrong to question some of the in game tactics.

On the plus side we could have won the all three of the last 3 games 

on the negative side we haven’t won any of them.

Personally I would rather have preferred us to concede following making some forward thinking tactics/changes and then playing for a draw.

6 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

You won't find anyone (I hope) saying a draw away at these isn't a decent result. It's the manner in which we take leads and drop back to our own area almost immediately just waiting for them to score that is frustrating. And the subs were strange once again. 

It just seems that many think that it is just down to us that it’s ended up a draw and that the top 3 former prem team are their for the taking.

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

No chance. 

Rooney could hardly run when he came off and was offering zero defensively. MTW was having massive issues whenever Danjuma got past Bryne and Clarke bailed him out on multiple occasions. Would have preferred Lawrence off instead of Waghorn but the point Waghorn being our 'striker' is redundant considering he played most of the game on RW and with how fluid our front 3 is.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Draw at Bournemouth isn’t a bad result, but we’ve got to start getting wins soon. Cocu is seriously pissing me off now though. Will he ever learn that we can’t play the hold onto a 1-0 lead game?! That’s three matches in a row now! It doesn’t work! Duck me, I doubt we’d be much more negative with Tony Pulis in charge! We look so good when we play a pressing game, so why in gods name do we drop so deep every time we score! Why all of a sudden start start aimlessly smashing it upfield?!

31% possession and 61% pass success rate today. This isn’t good football. My local pub team have more composure on the ball. If you’re not playing good football, and you’re not winning matches, how can you justify keeping your job as a manager? I’m struggling to see any way that Cocu regains my faith now. The players don’t look to have any confidence at all, and you have to put that down to the manager not instilling belief in them. It’s not good enough.

Why do people assume that because the other team starts to attack better that it must be because we have decided to sit back and defend?

Take a point but understand why people are frustrated, it feels like each game is the exact bloody same at the moment. If we’d managed to turn that Cardiff game into three points it would have been a really solid week.

Not sure about this formation going forward, it has its moments and you can see what we’re capable of in glimpses. The pressing in the first half is excellent but we don’t appear to have the fitness levels to maintain that. When we’re not pressing high up the pitch we don’t create enough chances and considering how many games you play in the championship, I don’t think it’s sustainable.

Two winnable games back to back now, let’s see if 3-4-3 can stick and if we can go into the international break with some wins and erm a lot more money in the bank.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What was the manager's fault?

Getting a point at a club that hasn't conceded at home since the first game?

Terrible.

Three possible steps away from success

1. New Striker

2. New Manager

3. New Consultant (Mel) and New Owner

Frustrating watch today. We were all over them and the better team and made them switch tactics, we then swithched tactics, but became far too negative.

Lawrence has played well since he came back, but became the frustrating Lawrence again today with his lack of ability to hold the ball or find a pass that could give us a breather.

And who the hell tells them when to show replays or focus on the managers or non playing subs instead of focusing on the match? Was that a Rams TV feed or ifollows? 

A good point, but it could have been so much more with a bit more positivety.

A very good point against a good side. Full credit to Cocu for how we set up and the first half performance.

Second half frustrating. Surrendered initiative but Bournemouth are a good side who brought seriously good players off the bench and deserved something. Cocu’s substitutions did not help.

We’re getting there but due to the start we’ve had, he’s got to start winning games now. 

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

It just seems that many think that it is just down to us that it’s ended up a draw and that the top 3 former prem team are their for the taking.

Exactly. It seems it is absolutely impossible for any team to be either a: better than Derby, or b: play better than Derby. Context continually ignored.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why do people assume that because the other team starts to attack better that it must be because we have decided to sit back and defend?

Come off it, look at the positions of our players in the second half. When Bournemouth had possession we had everyone in our own final third. No attempt to press like we were before we scored. You’ve got no chance sitting that deep for 70 minutes.

Archived