Bournemouth v Derby County Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Going forward we look OK and have created quite a few decent openings.  I'm not having the complete doom and gloom.  Frustrating that we have (seemingly) sat back and invited pressure but for some poor decision making (mostly from Lawrence) we could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals. There are some positives in this performance if you're willing to look for them.

There’s positives and improvement because some of our better players are coming back. There’s also some poor game management exactly the same as the last game.

One point in the second half 1-0 up the ball gets cleared up the pitch a Bournemouth defender puts it out for a throwing 3/4 of the way up we have a 3 on 3 situation if Holmes takes the throwing instead we slow the play let them all come back in their half, someone else takes the throw and the ball ends up back at Marshall, to me it looks like they’re being told to slow the game, which against teams like Bournemouth at only 1-0 is bad management. 

In isolation, a point away at Bournemouth who are yet to lose is a good result. Obviously we can't go into every game trying to take the lead then just outright defend it, and I hope we won't do that with "more winnable" games coming up.

We will have played two more games by this time next week, then we have an international break.

We really need six points and some positive performances from two home games with a more full-strength squad available. If we lose again, then we'll continue to struggle to get out of this rut.

2 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

100% managers fault

100%

Lawrence had no movement at all for 30 mins and couldn't make a pass. Should have been changed.

Holmes is woeful.

Attack v defence for 35 minutes. Just needed bibs

Tactically redundant management.

Feel sorry for Shinnie and Knight who were very good, but just fighting fire with no outlet for most of the second half.

1 minute ago, sage said:

Because both have been out for a while and were on there arse 

I assume you're referring to Rooney and Waghorn? 92 minutes isn't going to make much of a difference to 95 in Waghorn's case. Sure the Rooney removal was sensible, but I don't agree with bringing on Holmes who has been awful this season over the likes of Sibley (not been so great himself but offers more than Holmes), CKR who could hold the ball up for us giving us chance to push up or even Bielik to partner Shinnie allowing Knight to push up more.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What was the manager's fault?

Getting a point at a club that hasn't conceded at home since the first game?

Terrible.

Pretty sure from the comments on here that I'm not alone in thinking tactics and substitutions were horrendous........

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nine games in.

6 points.

A goal difference of -8.

We are 22nd in the table.

2 goals scored from open play.

Go 1 up. Do well. Then abandon all of that and just sit off and have the back 5 on the edge of the 18 yard box. Shocking game management again. We keep doing it and don't seem to be learning at all. Thats 6 points dropped from winning positions in the last 3 games. Absolutely criminal. 

Cocu's game management is absolutely awful. But people keep saying "he'll get it right"

How long do we give him? I'll keep saying it. I've seen absolutely nothing that suggests this will change at all.

Familiar pattern, first half lead then sit back to defend and invite them on.

disappointing substitution. We couldn’t hold the ball up. Sibley showed that he can run with it as well as knight but it was the 94th minutes before he got the opportunity.

felt like we played with 10 men.

we need to be braver and trust the likes of Sibley to come on and get us up the pitch.

I'd have taken a point before kick off, so not that disappointed. Overall another OK performance compared to the dross at the begining of the season. Most annoying thing was Lawrence's obvious lack of interest in the game in the second half, he should have been subbed off after 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Some drivel on here today. Good point vs a good team.

In other circumstances it would be a good point.  But to be one nil up and bossing the game with quicker football, only to return to negative football defending 15 yards deeper, bizarre substitutions.  We have kept 2 clean sheets and 28 away.  We were never going to keep a clean sheet and needed to go for the second.  Us attacking and retaining the ball means they dont have it.  It is no surprise we conceded when your manager effectively has a game of attack v's defence in the second half of every match.

Marshall outstanding today, what a signing.  Shout out to Shinnie another good game.

Would’ve took waghorn off earlier as when we are under the cosh, I don’t think he’s much use as he’s not great on the break. Sibbo on too late imo, but what do I know?

anyways, I think most fans ( judging by the prediction thread) expected a loss.  We were very close to that elusive 3pts today. Feels like a loss but a good point away from home at Bournemouth. COYR

29 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Thank god for Marshall.

I seriously don't understand why Cocu does this...it's not lack of personel or skill anymore or even the other team,it's our tactic to sit back and see a tight lead out.

It's very risky.

Can it succeed this time?

What makes you think he wants to. We are up  against an unbeaten team playing at home and able to bring 3 quality subs on.  

Draw at Bournemouth isn’t a bad result, but we’ve got to start getting wins soon. Cocu is seriously pissing me off now though. Will he ever learn that we can’t play the hold onto a 1-0 lead game?! That’s three matches in a row now! It doesn’t work! Duck me, I doubt we’d be much more negative with Tony Pulis in charge! We look so good when we play a pressing game, so why in gods name do we drop so deep every time we score! Why all of a sudden start start aimlessly smashing it upfield?!

31% possession and 61% pass success rate today. This isn’t good football. My local pub team have more composure on the ball. If you’re not playing good football, and you’re not winning matches, how can you justify keeping your job as a manager? I’m struggling to see any way that Cocu regains my faith now. The players don’t look to have any confidence at all, and you have to put that down to the manager not instilling belief in them. It’s not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

All those appearances for barca and Holland and yet so many randoms from Derby who couldn't even kick a ball know much more about tactics than cocu.  Amazing. 

Everybody please stop posting unless you are an ex European cup winner / ex International player!
Its a forum, we are all managers for 90 minutes ?

Archived