Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Well, should have and could have won it. Not much in it though to be fair. Rode our luck a few times with them hitting the post twice. Still a good performance and I enjoyed watching that. Just wish we’d fed Jozwiak a bit more when he was making runs in behind

Exactly he was in some good positions and noone saw. But I wont mention he who must not be named. Do you think we practice directioning headers by the way?

Just now, Dimmu said:

Seems like most are thinking we dropped points, IMO that was pretty fair result. They didn't create much but still managed to hit post twice.

We created somewhat decent changes and obvs that early penalty call could've changed the game.

Personally, I cant wait Ibe to be fit again and replace Lawrence.

He got the ball for the penalty claim

Just now, Ellafella said:

Points lost. Tactically suspect 2nd half. Waghorn won’t score many more peaches this season. Poor decisions on many final 3rd. We are steeped in the wrong mind set...”Letsch not loosche”.

Which as anyone knows,leads to us either losing or losing our lead.

He needs a kick up the arse by someone when he even looks as though he's about to go defensive in a game.

He seems to be a extremely slow learner,it's frustrating as duck.

I feel that the subs were bizarre to say  the least, not to mention way too late. Lawrence was knackered 10 to 15 minutes before he was subbed. Unfortunately, I feel Cocu reacted way too late in terms of changes (and made some baffling changes at that), other than that performance was ok, just cruelly lack any form of cutting edge. Ultimately, it is 2 points lost, Cardiff were bad.

Just now, nottingram said:

Good performance, multiple openings created just not quite getting there with the final ball, but otherwise really good.

We are getting there

Frustrating decision making in final third but we created quite a lot tonight. Struggled as usual with their physicality and some poor refereeing. Thought Lawrence needed to come off earlier and we should have brought some creativity on rather than farting about with the defence. Kazim-Richards looked very useful when he did come on.

Hope Jozwiak is okay, I am just surprised we haven't got more casualties after that mauling.

I would have taken a draw before kick off but feel a bit disappointed by it. That's progress, of sorts.

Guess a point against Cardiff is ok in the grand scheme of things. Decent performance and we should have won that game with the chances we created. Decision making just isn’t good enough in the final third at the moment, and it’s worrying the lack of goals we’re scoring. Still only one goal from open play is shocking, Nigel Pearson esque stats. Seems to be a very familiar story though, we get pushed back and get punished for a defensive error. We have simply got to start putting in 90 minute performances. Not convinced by the back three either, Wisdom looks a liability at present.

Very strange substitutions by Cocu as well. Can’t say for sure they directly contributed to us not getting the win, but they were hardly attacking. A lack of bravery is punished in this division, harshly indeed.

He did the right thing taking off Byrne - he was getting beaten in the air all night. But shortly after, Buchanan was struggling (looked like tightness to me - hope it wasn’t his hamstring) so had no choice but to bring on MTW. After that he could only really bring on Richards.

I saw a lot to be happy with tonight.

Wont be long before we are bringing on Rooney, Bielik and Ibe.

Delicious!

People have been making comments on the subs.

Fozzy for Byrne seemed a sensible sub. We needed height all across the defence and Buchanan has played right wing back for us.

Te Wierik for Buchanan I missed. Was he injured? I think slightly at fault for the goal but it was a well-worked equalizer. Could have been te Wierik for Byrne from the off.

Richards for Lawrence was OK.

The thing I'd have preferred would have been Sibley for Lawrence earlier and then Richards for Waghorn maybe at the end.

But it was an encouraging, attacking performance. We went forward with verve but didn't take our chances. It will come. For the second game in a row it's been a strong performance and we deserved to win the game. If the performances are there, the wins will come.

And one day a ref might even give us something. Then again...

Reasonable performance against a very physical side. We tired second half though and Lawrence should have been replaced 15 mins earlier.

My biggest gripe though is our pass selection in the final third. 3 times Jozwiak was clear and didn't get the ball.   

Nodding off again but I was disappointed that We were very wasteful with The ball - especially in the first 20 minutes.

great free kick. 

then as v Forest because we are leading at half time we decide to sit back and defend. And as v Forest we concede.

Didn’t deserve to win.  

Archived