Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nothing to do with sharpness at all. Its poor. Its a simple pass to slip him in and he's just ran it straight down the keepers throat.

I mean can't it be both ? Decision making tends to improve with game time and fitness (especially late in a game). 

Can't help but feel another 2 points dropped. We sat off in the second half, and we got punished for it. Then straight after we concede we bring on a CB for a wing back. That being said, our decision making in the final third was poor, and ultimately it cost us. We could have killed the game but we didn't. 

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Acceptable point, which with a bit more finesse from the front three should have been a win. I think we just about deserved the win, but the front 3 are still not fully fit nor totally match sharp and in tune with each other.

I am really puzzled by Cocu replacing Byrne with Forsyth. Why not go like for like, and give Te Wierek some minutes, and leave Buchanan where he was doing a bloody good job. Asking Buchanan to swap sides demanded more from him as it is not his natural side. Perhaps that contributed to him cramping up, but in a game like that we really needed in the last 20 minutes to bring fresh legs in the middle/upfront, it is disappointing that Sibley or Holmes didn’t get the opportunity to replace Lawrence.

CKR did his job whilst on the pitch, and there were good games from Clarke, Buchanan, Davies, Knight and Shinnie. Bournemouth will be another tough match, but anyone still thinking (or posting on here) that we are in for a relegation battle this season are only fooling themselves.

He said he was worried about Morrison’s cross fields passes targeting Byrne and he wanted Buchanan height to head away but then Buchanan felt his hamstring so he couldn’t risk leaving him on. 

Cocu vindicated with the subs. Buchanan moved to right back to counter Kieffer Moore who was targeting Byrne in the air, then Buchanan feels his hamstring. Kazim had a good impact when he came on.

Waggy fully fit and a few more games of that front 3 playing together and we score 2 or 3 tonight. Doing the right things, we still have a solid platform we now look threatening in the final third. Keep up the level seen in the last two games and the wins will come.

But we need some wins soon.

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Not for me. The writing is on the wall here. 

5 points from 8 games. 

1 goal from open play in 8 games.

Can't see anything else other than a beating on Saturday and then I think that is that.

Really?? Alls changed after the positivity on Friday night. No chance we’ll get rid. Good progress being made in performances, just the finishing/final ball needs to improve. Not surprising given the lack of fitness/game time of 2 of the front 3. I’m much more positive than a month ago. We’ll get there. 

So, the team is undeniably getting better and taking steps forward.

The question is will we move forward fast enough?

I could see us losing Saturday, sure, but I could see us earning a point and I could see us getting a win. Something like 50% Bournmouth win, 30% draw, 20% us to win.

It also transpires that yes, fozzy was a defensive sub but MTW was about fitness and protecting Buchannan and the third was a striker.

We'll be fine. The wins are on their way. Pretty soon I'm sure.

For all you statisticians and economists here is one on which to ponder:-

The Steve Brummie Law of diminishing returns:-

After eight games of a forty-six game season My enjoyment of following the Rams is in direct and inverse proportion to their enjoyment of league success.

Explain and discuss.

Conclusion

a) Things can only get better or

b) Brummie Steve has finally cracked up! image.png.30f32762d69e2e9673d01fb65c0203a7.png

10 minutes ago, enachops said:

Really?? Alls changed after the positivity on Friday night. No chance we’ll get rid. Good progress being made in performances, just the finishing/final ball needs to improve. Not surprising given the lack of fitness/game time of 2 of the front 3. I’m much more positive than a month ago. We’ll get there. 

There wasn't any positivity from me on Friday. Yeah we played well. Probably the best we have all season yet we still didn't win 

That's all we keep saying "we'll get there" 

How long do we wait?

I can't see us getting anywhere.

Archived