Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That abysmal decision making is a product of the coaching they are recieving though....and if it's not,it should have been resolved by them at moor farm after the number of matches we have played with no goals from open play.

You can’t just coach ‘high confidence’ though. This is what happens when we start a season as we do. The players overthink everything. 

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

No point commenting on here I feel. The Cocu inners will say we deserved more and that our overall play was good. The Cocu outers will see it as another performance where we've tried to walk it in to the net, then sat back and tried to keep a clean sheet like we're good at defending. LOL.

No point in me replying to that, seeing as how you didn't bother commenting anything.  

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

That abysmal decision making is a product of the coaching they are recieving though....and if it's not,it should have been resolved by them at moor farm after the number of matches we have played with no goals from open play.

Spot on mate, absolutely nailed it. Waggy's only had 12 years as a senior after all, so how's he supposed to know he should have squared it to a completely open Jozwiak? 

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Let's be honest, it would be a bloody surprise if one of our star signings didnt do an ACL or break something within a couple of months of signing.

Thought it was a disgusting tackle live and a sending off let alone a red card. Akin to the one on Thorne when he had his leg broken. 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

From watching the game, it’ll come. Big one is our decision making in the final third has to be better, spot the runners and time your passes better. We would have been home and dry before they even got into the game.

Like Kazim-Richards a lot, a selfless player who looks to create.

Its still not quite gelling at the back or upfront, but it’s getting better. We are desperate for a goal that’s a team contribution and not individual skill.

I agree with the up front comment but that forward line has only played together twice; it's still very early season for them. 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Frustrating. It’s so frustrating. 

Think there’s a bit of an over reaction from some on here. Cocu’s (I’ve been critical this season at times) tactics worked. Abysmal decision making in the final third stopped us winning this comfortably. 

You know what though - we go and play Bournemouth next and a few weeks ago I was dreading it but now I’m not because I know if our players make a few better/less selfish choices in the final third we’ve got a chance. 

Awful shame to see Joswiak looking like he’s picked up a bad injury. 

We made Cardiff look very ordinary for 70 minutes of the game. Yes they hit the post twice but i really cant remember them having more than 4 chances all game, all teams will get chances. For us we were very threatening except in the box were we have this tendancy to want to walk it in! Commented before subs were bizarre, lawrence wasn't interested after 60 mins, looked nazzed ... took cocu 15 minutes to notice. I like the look of Richards, seemed strong as an ox. Waggy I just don't see him as an out and out striker, scored a wonderful free kick but isn't a natural finisher, misses  lot of chances through a game. The ref didn't seem to want to make a decision and the game suffered for that as they kept up with the niggling fouls throughout without punishment.

Overall more positives than negatives.

Started well but dropped back 2nd half and a poor goal to concede.

Awful decision making from Waghorn to not slip Jozwiak in. Awful. Head up and slip him in and he's one on one with the keeper with a big chance for 2-0.

I'm reserving judgement on the subs until I see if they're injured.

Because if Cocu has bought Forsyth on for Byrne and he isn't injured then that beggars belief. 

Te Weirik for Buchanan an all. Why? Its 1-1. Why are we making defensive changes? Get Sibley on? Holmes on? Someone with a bit of drive.

1 goal from open play all season. Absolutely horrendous. 

Archived