Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty tedious second half. Strange subs. Why take Buchanan off? Sibley stays on the bench?

Didn't make use of good chances, Lawrence and Waghorn guilty.  Jozwiak will be getting annoyed.

Performances are slightly better but if results don't come, I can see Mel pulling the trigger soon.

This season is fast going when its probably the easiest the league has ever been.

1 minute ago, dantheram said:

He’ll run out of road soon enough. Can’t keep on tossing points away at home, the table will firm up soon and he’ll be gone. 

I wanted to give him a chance when we had some of our better players back fit, against forest it looked like he let them loose and I enjoyed the game, tonight for whatever reason he’s held them back with poor tactics, must admit I’m swaying toward the out camp. 

Aaaah frustrating. A point was about fair in balance.

I can't help but think a big reason why we concede there is because we are a bit to happy to give away possession and cede control over the game. It means there is a high energy demand to keep going and pressing, when that goes flat you end up giving up chances.

Yes I think you can point to points where we needed to make better decisions in the final third but I can't help but feel how we are currently set up is a little unbalanced. It runs the risk of needing to be clinical and defend a lot, perfectly. 

Think we were crying for either an extra man in midfield or someone to actually look to get on the ball in the middle and control the game. Tactically I think either Bird, Holmes or both should have been at the 60 minute mark. 

Agauin though apart from the waghorn free kick which was spectacular. The buchannan and waghorn shots from dustance that were easily saved we have hardly tested there keeper. They hit the post twice dont forget so on balance of play they have done just as much with oppurtunities. Dont actually think we look that much more solid with 3 at the back still shakey and the post has saved us. Go back to 4 at the back and get another person up there please

Seems like most are thinking we dropped points, IMO that was pretty fair result. They didn't create much but still managed to hit post twice.

We created somewhat decent changes and obvs that early penalty call could've changed the game.

Personally, I cant wait Ibe to be fit again and replace Lawrence.

Archived