Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team picks itself after that first half performance. Lawrence and Waggy should be ready for full 90s now, which will hopefully help us maintain the good performances into the second half for the first time this season.

Marshall
Byrne   Wisdom   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan
Lawrence   Knight   Shinnie   Jozwiak
Waghorn

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, Kazim
U23s/at home/injured: Evans, Bielik, Ibe, Whittaker, Rooney

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The team picks itself after that first half performance. Lawrence and Waggy should be ready for full 90s now, which will hopefully help us maintain the good performances into the second half for the first time this season.

Marshall
Byrne   Wisdom   Davies   Clarke   Buchanan
Lawrence   Knight   Shinnie   Jozwiak
Waghorn

Subs: Roos, te Wierik, Forsyth, Bird, Sibley, Holmes, Kazim
U23s/at home/injured: Evans, Bielik, Ibe, Whittaker, Rooney

Was Byrne taken off as he had an injury?

We're getting there slowly. Got to stick with a similar team to try and get some familiarity between the players as I think there's definitely something there. Until Bielik is back fully fit, 3 at the back I think is here to stay... so I'd go with this:

Marshall
te Wierik, Davies, Clarke
Byrne, Knight, Shinnie, Buchanan
Jozwiak, Waghorn, Lawrence

Harsh on Wisdom, but he was possibly the one player who I panicked every time he got the ball at his feet at the back (he looked a lot stronger pushing forward in the last 10mins!... and before anyone mentions Curtis' passing, he rarely lost out in the air all game). After seeing some highlights of MTW playing in Holland, there's a good defender in there... and maybe now we're playing slightly more positively, he can start to shine a bit.

5 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

We're getting there slowly. Got to stick with a similar team to try and get some familiarity between the players as I think there's definitely something there. Until Bielik is back fully fit, 3 at the back I think is here to stay... so I'd go with this:

Marshall
te Wierik, Davies, Clarke
Byrne, Knight, Shinnie, Buchanan
Jozwiak, Waghorn, Lawrence

Harsh on Wisdom, but he was possibly the one player who I panicked every time he got the ball at his feet at the back (he looked a lot stronger pushing forward in the last 10mins!... and before anyone mentions Curtis' passing, he rarely lost out in the air all game). After seeing some highlights of MTW playing in Holland, there's a good defender in there... and maybe now we're playing slightly more positively, he can start to shine a bit.

No, go with the same team that started last night....

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Te Weirik

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan

Jozwiak Waghorn Lawrence 

Clarke looked a bit tired tonight, might need a rest. Bringing in Te Weirik for him the only change to a well performing and balanced team.

Didn't particularly pick up on that but there is 5 days for him to recover rather than 3 so I expect Clarke would be fine.

I would actually change it up slightly in this one. We played so well, but I thought we were creating so much when we switched to 4231 towards the end of the game. 

I would go for:

Marshall
Bryne Davies Clarke Buchannan
           Knight Shinnie
Joswiak    Holmes   Lawrence
                 Waghorn

But I expect we go for the same team who started last night, which I will be happy enough with. I'm just excited to have some attacking options again!

19 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Marshall

Wisdom Davies Te Weirik

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan

Jozwiak Waghorn Lawrence 

Clarke looked a bit tired tonight, might need a rest. Bringing in Te Weirik for him the only change to a well performing and balanced team.

Not to be negative about last nights performance, as a team we put in a shift and played well. But, Clarke was the weak link for me, especially on the ball. He looked slow and cumbersome. Certainly not a dig, but could see sense in giving Te Weirik a runout

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Not to be negative about last nights performance, as a team we put in a shift and played well. But, Clarke was the weak link for me, especially on the ball. He looked slow and cumbersome. Certainly not a dig, but could see sense in giving Te Weirik a runout

Keiffer Moore would prefer MTW to Clarke, that’s for sure.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Keiffer Moore would prefer MTW to Clarke, that’s for sure.

He would, but that’s what Curt’s in there for. Davies on the big man, MTW and Wisdom have strength enough to deal with others. Pretty sure Andre could handle any of Cardiff’s big boys

6 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. Clarke is usually a lot better so it’s nothing to worry about, but I do wonder whether he’s struggling with the increased fitness levels required to play in a 3 at the back.

Archived