Derby County v Cardiff City Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fourth from bottom eh,I wonder if the red dogs will lend us their celebration bus,after all they don't need it until christmas.

Well they won't be needing. Every other season they've usually won the league by now 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Started well but dropped back 2nd half and a poor goal to concede.

Awful decision making from Waghorn to not slip Jozwiak in. Awful. Head up and slip him in and he's one on one with the keeper with a big chance for 2-0.

I'm reserving judgement on the subs until I see if they're injured.

Because if Cocu has bought Forsyth on for Byrne and he isn't injured then that beggars belief. 

Te Weirik for Buchanan an all. Why? Its 1-1. Why are we making defensive changes? Get Sibley on? Holmes on? Someone with a bit of drive.

1 goal from open play all season. Absolutely horrendous. 

The ball should have gone to Jozwiak from Lawrence who would have been nearly clean through. Having said that it was a good ball to Waggy but he had more to do to get a sight of goal than Jozwiak. Strikers instinct to go for goal from that position. Even if he squares for Jozwiak, there’s every chance one of the 2 Cardiff players in between them gets a foot to it. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Not for me. The writing is on the wall here. 

5 points from 8 games. 

1 goal from open play in 8 games.

Can't see anything else other than a beating on Saturday and then I think that is that.

Bet you a tenner for charity that he won't be sacked if we lose on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Nothing to do with sharpness at all. Its poor. Its a simple pass to slip him in and he's just ran it straight down the keepers throat.

The chance to put Jozwiak clean through was from Lawrence. By the time it gets to Waghorn it's 2 v 2.

Acceptable point, which with a bit more finesse from the front three should have been a win. I think we just about deserved the win, but the front 3 are still not fully fit nor totally match sharp and in tune with each other.

I am really puzzled by Cocu replacing Byrne with Forsyth. Why not go like for like, and give Te Wierek some minutes, and leave Buchanan where he was doing a bloody good job. Asking Buchanan to swap sides demanded more from him as it is not his natural side. Perhaps that contributed to him cramping up, but in a game like that we really needed in the last 20 minutes to bring fresh legs in the middle/upfront, it is disappointing that Sibley or Holmes didn’t get the opportunity to replace Lawrence.

CKR did his job whilst on the pitch, and there were good games from Clarke, Buchanan, Davies, Knight and Shinnie. Bournemouth will be another tough match, but anyone still thinking (or posting on here) that we are in for a relegation battle this season are only fooling themselves.

I didn’t hate watching that today...although how anyone thinks we dropped 2 points is beyond me, they were better than us and i would say a draw is a good result. 
i realized how much I hate listening to that radio Derby commentator again tonight, thank the lord for Rams Tv.! 

As much as I felt a twinge of optimism after the florist game,and also saw some more improvement tonight, unless we start translating this into games won pretty soon I’m afraid Cocu will, to quote an earlier post ‘run out of road’. Mel’s patience has been commendable thus  far but it has it’s limits. 

Archived