Sack cocu

dantheram

1 hour ago, Richard246 said:

I actually think under normal circumstances Cocu would of been sacked.

Mel didn’t sack him because of the takeover Cocu will be in the hands of the new owners I would imagine they have a new manager lined up these things normally go hand in hand.

Its very likely the club will change from top to bottom things have to change they will want us in the premiership within 2 years and they will target a top name and players to go with it they will want pretty much instant success and they will be prepared to invest to get it.

Cocu long term plan will go out of the window and  I believe he won’t be the right man for the new owners. 

Mel obviously knows all there plans and for me this can only be good news for Derby County. On the way there will be many casualties sadly but I want Derby to be one of the big boys where we deserve to be and this is our best opportunity.

This is probably a fair assessment of the situation if this deal is as good as some think it is and goes ahead.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Richard246 said:

Mel didn’t sack him because of the takeover Cocu will be in the hands of the new owners I would imagine they have a new manager lined up these things normally go hand in hand.

Its very likely the club will change from top to bottom things have to change they will want us in the premiership within 2 years and they will target a top name and players to go with it they will want pretty much instant success and they will be prepared to invest to get it.

Cocu long term plan will go out of the window and  I believe he won’t be the right man for the new owners. 

Mel obviously knows all there plans and for me this can only be good news for Derby County. On the way there will be many casualties sadly but I want Derby to be one of the big boys where we deserve to be and this is our best opportunity.

Don't follow your point....you say that ordinarily Cocu would have got sacked by Morris but seeing as we've got new owners who will be bringing a new manager in then he will be sacked when we are taken over...so why not just sack him now and get Wassall in charge on an interim basis if ultimately he's going to get the bullet.

Unless I've misunderstood you?

2 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

That’s 6 points dropped in the last three games from being 1-0 up and it’s down to the tactical setup in the second half and the enormous pressure we invite onto ourselves (although decision making in the final third does need improving).

Time to go Phil. 

They were decent teams being played and performances were improved. Think very harsh to think based in n last 3 he should be sacked.

6 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

That’s 6 points dropped in the last three games from being 1-0 up and it’s down to the tactical setup in the second half and the enormous pressure we invite onto ourselves (although decision making in the final third does need improving).

Time to go Phil. 

Enormous pressure that would be relieved if our decision making in the final third wasn't so horrific whenever we counter-attack.

4 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

They were decent teams being played and performances were improved. Think very harsh to think based in n last 3 he should be sacked.

Harsh when we sit in the relegation zone?

I think he is extremely fortunate to find himself in the middle of a buy out when in normal circumstances he would probably have gone weeks ago.

He's got a get out of jail free card at the moment but he's failing to take advantage of it.

There no point speculating about any new manager though,it will be decided once a new owner is in place.

The fact we still haven’t got a win is alarming. People say we’ve had a tough run of games. You play everyone twice. Coventry put three past the league leaders last night. 
Coventry, Barnsley, Luton have more points than us and even with our injuries keeping players out our starting 11 I wouldn’t swap many if any players for theres. management has to be looked at. 

9 hours ago, Richard246 said:

Well, if you are right, for me we’d have sold our soul as I guess the Academy becomes redundant at least in the short to medium turn.

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Very harsh. There is definite improvement in this run of games against some of the best teams in this league

But these next 2 are massive now. We don’t win either of the next 2 then it may be time.

Give it until Xmas at the earliest, let’s see how we perform with a fully fit Ibe, Bielik etc etc....got a foundation to work from now....

5 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Performances have improved granted, but the standard was pretty low in the first place.

It’s not just the last 3 is it. It’s one win in 9 games. It’s 1 point at home all season. 2 goals from open play. All in a season where the quality of performances from other teams is at it’s lowest for a while.

The squad is more than capable of being mid table, if not higher, yet we’re in the bottom 3.

13 minutes ago, Sam_DCFC_1994 said:

The fact we still haven’t got a win is alarming. People say we’ve had a tough run of games. You play everyone twice. Coventry put three past the league leaders last night. 
Coventry, Barnsley, Luton have more points than us and even with our injuries keeping players out our starting 11 I wouldn’t swap many if any players for theres. management has to be looked at. 

The fact you can’t remember our win is alarming. Try this test:

https://www.psycom.net/dementia-test/

Paul Clement. Sacked when we were 5th in the Championship.

Rowett. Sacked when we were 14th.

Pearson. Christ, we were 20th when this muppet was fired from the helm.

Mac. Sacked when we were 10th.

Is the quality of football any higher than under any of these previous managers? Not really.

Are we meeting the quota of half the team made of academy products? Bird, Sibley and Whittaker are further from the first team than last season.

We’re even failing to score goals.

Stability only works if the right manager is in charge. The culture of blooding the youth doesn’t have to change, but the tactics do.

Don’t know if anyone’s said this, but what if Cocu’s poor/negative backwards tactics have an effect on the potential takeover?

Now that we are planted in the R-zone, it surely makes us a less enticing prospect?

Is someone going to want to spend plenty of millions on a team with the spectre of relegation form about it?

Maybe nice guy Cocu can lead us to the promised land of Div One and scupper our takeover both at the same time ??

1 minute ago, SouthernRam said:

Is the quality of football any higher than under any of these previous managers? Not really.

Are we meeting the quota of half the team made of academy products? Bird, Sibley and Whittaker are further from the first team than last season.

Stability only works if the right manager is in charge. The culture of blooding the youth doesn’t have to change, but the tactics do.

Even I could pick  young players. The hard bit is getting the team to perform with them in there

1 minute ago, SouthernRam said:

Rowett wasn’t sacked. Pearson went because Mel feared for his life. Clement went after losing the dressing room, not helped by Mel entering it a few weeks before. 

Archived