Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How many crosses?

As a team, an average of 20 across the last three games. 

Not really sure of the relevance or how that is a counter to my opinion, backed up by stats, that Byrne and Buchanan are definitely not playing in a flat back 5, as you suggested.

58 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Yeah. If it was me I’d hire one of the most celebrated and decorated midfielders of all time who has won multiple trophies as a manager. Can’t imagine it would get more high profile or proven than that!

You seriously think at this stage of his career Cocu is one of the best proven managers ??

I didn't say they would get rid of him but there would be numerous potential candidates with significantly better CVs you would think..

48 minutes ago, cannable said:

Like a 101 cap former Dutch international who captained Barcelona and who broke Ajax’s monopoly as manager to win three back to back titles? 

He is not a proven experienced manager..not yet at least. 

Just now, Yani P said:

You seriously think at this stage of his career Cocu is one of the best proven managers ??

I didn't say they would get rid of him but there would be numerous potential candidates with significantly better CVs you would think..

Who are proven managers at this level who are high profile, who we could attract? 

I highly doubt we could attract many managers who have coached teams to titles in top 10 leagues in the world. And I doubt many of those are as high profile as Cocu.

22 minutes ago, nottingram said:

As a team, an average of 20 across the last three games. 

Not really sure of the relevance or how that is a counter to my opinion, backed up by stats, that Byrne and Buchanan are definitely not playing in a flat back 5, as you suggested.

I guess then we just don't look like we're attacking.

If we were genuine relegation fodder then the majority of the team would be “third division” quality players.

which players do we have that we would rate at that level?

if we can’t name any / many then we can expect to rise up the league table. And therefore there is no need to panic. 

5 hours ago, Yani P said:

What are you talking about?

“All hypothetical but would have to assume they would want a more high profile person with a proven track record..” Your quote 

think you are the confused one. My response was to this. 
I asked how may League titles would count as a proven track record ? 

If say Nigel Clough was still in charge (having taken over a year and a half ago), who wouldn't be excited about the prospect of a world class player who had won multiple league titles as a manager being touted as the new manager. I am firmly in the Cocu in camp, but surely even those that are strongly anti could give him the benefit of one transfer window with unlimited cash to try to put together his team.

What's the worst that could happen? He buys 20, 30 million pounds worth of players and still can't get them playing? At least when Mac 3 walks through the door he will have real quality to work with.

Seriously though. He should be giving an opportunity to manage, and not just be a Nanny who has to go around picking up all the broken toys after the spoilt brats have finished with them. He's been dealt the ?iest of ?y hands any manager of this club has ever had. Let him have six months to work with.

10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If we were genuine relegation fodder then the majority of the team would be “third division” quality players.

which players do we have that we would rate at that level?

if we can’t name any / many then we can expect to rise up the league table. And therefore there is no need to panic. 

Only time when I was worried about being bottom 3 was when our first team consisted of Pablo Mills, Richard Jackson, Paul Boertien, a 17 year old Izale McLeod and Manel. The only quality we had was Ian Taylor at the end of his career and Youl Mawene and he was young and much better the following season.

I actually think under normal circumstances Cocu would of been sacked.

Mel didn’t sack him because of the takeover Cocu will be in the hands of the new owners I would imagine they have a new manager lined up these things normally go hand in hand.

Its very likely the club will change from top to bottom things have to change they will want us in the premiership within 2 years and they will target a top name and players to go with it they will want pretty much instant success and they will be prepared to invest to get it.

Cocu long term plan will go out of the window and  I believe he won’t be the right man for the new owners. 

Mel obviously knows all there plans and for me this can only be good news for Derby County. On the way there will be many casualties sadly but I want Derby to be one of the big boys where we deserve to be and this is our best opportunity.

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet we are currently playing 5 at the back to ensure we have a strong enough defence. #pragmatic

Would you have classed TBE as pragmatic? ?

I must've misremembered his years as fun and exciting football, we must have been very pragmatic and boring to watch, playing 5 at the back... 

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

Would you have classed TBE as pragmatic? ?

I must've misremembered his years as fun and exciting football, we must have been very pragmatic and boring to watch, playing 5 at the back... 

I've lost the plot ? Where did I say I was against #pragmatic football? I was saying I thought Cocu was one. Yeah TBE was great. *whispers* Hey, I'm a Billy Davies fan too. ?

Archived