Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He possibly is but I just think that this brand of football is here to stay with him and I'm not sure that I like that.. .it's got no excitement or that sense of anticipation that a great result is coming our way if you know what I mean?

It's all,well,a bit boring.

Know what you mean but I think that is a slightly different discussion. Quasimodo’s team wasn’t the most exciting team to watch but it was effective. I think with the likes of Lawrence, Jozwiek, Ibe, Knight and Sibley, we could start to become better to watch ?

36 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Getting tired of the short-sightedness of those thinking a change of Manager is the answer and not seeing the bigger picture

I've never called for his head but at some point this 'bigger picture' will have to go out the window if things don't pick up. Because this is simply unacceptable, we are in the bottom three. Wake up.

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I've never called for his head but at some point this 'bigger picture' will have to go out the window if things don't pick up. Because this is simply unacceptable, we are in the bottom three. Wake up.

We are just over a year in to the 4 year plan, show some patience and see what the team produce with all the squad available......

1 minute ago, Pearl Ram said:

Wouldn’t it appear he’s on borrowed time anyway ? If anything comes of this supposed takeover they’ll want their own choice of manager in I would imagine. ? 

Yes I think you are probably right if the takeover goes ahead....

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What bigger picture? Yet again this constant 'time thing'. Don't you think Cocu has shown his football 'colours' by now?!

How long does any decent manager require to make a mark on a team, good or bad?. Four years????

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes I think you are probably right if the takeover goes ahead....

I’m for giving him more time by the way but I do wish he had the confidence in his team to put the game to bed as it were than go one up cling cling on for dear life.

He’s got us starting games well, which I understand can’t be maintained for the full 90 minutes, but one nil leads and sitting back really frustrates me.

Still wish him well though.

He got the set up right today and had Bournemouth on the back foot.

We couldn’t keep that up all game but we didn’t need to be so passive either.

The subs were completely wrong, we had two attackers still building up from lengthy layoffs and Rooney hasn’t trained with the squad. 

It was obvious that the press from the attackers was going to peter out and so it proved.

Rooney coming off was timed right but instead of bringing Sibley on he bought Holmes who’s badly out of form. 

Then we get wizzy coming on for Dutch Mike whilst Lawrence and Wags are blowing out their arses!

Very strange and doesn’t help the team at all...........then Sibbo finally comes on when there’s no point anyways.

Everything just felt so passive after such a good start!

Ive always been Cocu in but I’m really struggling with some of his second half tactical decisions!

15 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Wouldn’t it appear he’s on borrowed time anyway ? If anything comes of this supposed takeover they’ll want their own choice of manager in I would imagine. ? 

Undoubtedly. Along with Cocu's  backroom staff, players, non football staff, admin etc. New broom scenario most likely....

1 minute ago, europia said:

Undoubtedly. Along with Cocu's  backroom staff, players, non football staff, admin etc. New broom scenario most likely....

Aye. I’m sceptical about this whole takeover business anyway, frankly I’ll be surprised if anything comes of it. Time will tell as it invariably does.

16 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

He got the set up right today and had Bournemouth on the back foot.

We couldn’t keep that up all game but we didn’t need to be so passive either.

The subs were completely wrong, we had two attackers still building up from lengthy layoffs and Rooney hasn’t trained with the squad. 

It was obvious that the press from the attackers was going to peter out and so it proved.

Rooney coming off was timed right but instead of bringing Sibley on he bought Holmes who’s badly out of form. 

Then we get wizzy coming on for Dutch Mike whilst Lawrence and Wags are blowing out their arses!

Very strange and doesn’t help the team at all...........then Sibbo finally comes on when there’s no point anyways.

Everything just felt so passive after such a good start!

Ive always been Cocu in but I’m really struggling with some of his second half tactical decisions!

You’ve nailed it mate 

2 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

What makes you think we won’t? 
Beilik back, Jozwiak back and possibly Ibe. That’s a good team. ( bet32 permitting of course ?)

Love the way bielik is being built up to be something he’s not 

pre injury he was a total mixed bag the way some on here talk about him he’s going to turn us into champions elect 

who’s place is he taking ? Motm shinnie ? Knights ?highly doubt he’s walking straight in there 

well I say that ... it’s cocus call so who knows 

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would like to see his team when he is allowed to have a centre forward that he wants 

You don’t always get what you want though, sometimes you have to deal with what you’ve got and unfortunately in this case he’s not.

An honest assessment. If someone gave me 4 billion and said go buy Derby. Hate me for saying it but I would get rid and for me I would go and get jokanovic and I would put him in charge but this is only what I would do and people may disagree which you can. I like his style of football he got Fulham up and Watford 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

An honest assessment. If someone gave me 4 billion and said go buy Derby. Hate me for saying it but I would get rid and for me I would go and and get jokanovic and I would put him in charge but this is only what I would do and people may disagree which you can. I like his style of football he got Fulham up and Watford 

Good point. I think given unlimited funds he’d be gone, circumstances are saving him. There’s no way, injuries or not, that we’re on a par with Wycombe (no disrespect). His style isn’t suited to us or the league, a stint back in the eredivise and perhaps a crack at a Italian side following that, should be his aim. 

Archived