Sack cocu

dantheram

2 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Paul Clement. Sacked when we were 5th in the Championship.

Rowett. Sacked when we were 14th.

Pearson. Christ, we were 20th when this muppet was fired from the helm.

Mac. Sacked when we were 10th.

Is the quality of football any higher than under any of these previous managers? Not really.

Are we meeting the quota of half the team made of academy products? Bird, Sibley and Whittaker are further from the first team than last season.

We’re even failing to score goals.

Stability only works if the right manager is in charge. The culture of blooding the youth doesn’t have to change, but the tactics do.

Rowett wasn’t sacked was he? The remit is totally different for Cocu, next to no money to spend, reduce the wage bill and bring on the youth, all on top of a big injury list. Patience is required, green shoots of recovery beginning to show ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Rowett wasn’t sacked was he? The remit is totally different for Cocu, next to no money to spend, reduce the wage bill and bring on the youth, all on top of a big injury list. Patience is required, green shoots of recovery beginning to show ?

Agreed.....but play the fkn youth.

we have 35 year old passenger on the pitch, and an outstanding young player sat in the stand.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Agreed.....but play the fkn youth.

we have 35 year old passenger on the pitch, and an outstanding young player sat in the stand.

Totally agree, Wazza would not be part of my plans. Not sure if he has to play when fit in his contract? Not good at all and I feel sorry for Cocu ?

We haven’t played a good second half now for a very long time. Other teams have us well and truly sussed out. We don’t actually look fit enough. 
Have a look at our clean sheet record since Cocu has been in charge - it’s shocking. We can’t go one up and then  attempt to hang on; we aren’t good enough to be able to do that. 

I didn’t think that we would get anything from this game and so a point is a bonus, however if this carries on for much longer then a change of Manager will be the only option. 

32 minutes ago, Sam_DCFC_1994 said:

The fact we still haven’t got a win is alarming. People say we’ve had a tough run of games. You play everyone twice. Coventry put three past the league leaders last night. 
Coventry, Barnsley, Luton have more points than us and even with our injuries keeping players out our starting 11 I wouldn’t swap many if any players for theres. management has to be looked at. 

I distinctly remember a win

I thought Cocu got Rooney right today. Good first half and then get him off. Unfortunately he brought on this seasons “zoon” and not Sibley. 

Then invited pressure by keeping Waggers and Lawrence on far too long. They were done. Whittaker perhaps and Colin could have given more. Change at least one on 65/70 mins

What Cocu did at PSV is not revelant to the task at Derby. A system needs to be based on the players at his disposal, not trying to fit the players into how Cocu would like to play. Cocu was always going to take the job, even with the constraints of limited transfer funds and crazy ideas of 50% of the team being from the academy. The trouble is that at some point reality has to kick in and that blue sky vision, will need to be thrown out of the window. Maybe new owners will arrive in time to bring about change that saves ths season.

I want Cocu to succeed, I really do, but he's not making it easy with his game management.  Some of his substitutions are bizarre to say the least.  He needs to be more positive, why bring Louie Sibley on in added time, why swap one CB for another, why not introduce CKR to give the opposition something different to think about.  I feel we could have and should have won today.  PC, stop trying to defend one goal leads!  On a more positive note, a point away at a newly relegated side who are sitting second in the league isn't a bad result, but oh what could have been.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Pretty amazing that an away point at an unbeaten newly relegated team has seen renewed calls for the manager to be fired.

Well, I say amazing. I actually mean predictable and also downright weird.

I imagine most if not all would have taken a point beforehand. We are only frustrated because we played well the first half and again should be doing more when on top.

I sometimes wonder if fans do know the opposition are also trying to win. 

Ideal game for a sub like Whittaker to use his pace and direct running late on. But not in the squad, yet 3 defenders were... I can understand the complaints on subs but it hardly merits renewed calls for the sack.

The next two games will be the key. 

Interesting reading all the pessimists saying how bad we are and Cocu out yet the report on the game I read said Derby were resilient and would have been good value for the win and were unlucky to be pegged back. 

People need to chill out a bit. Just because most of our best first teamers are back doesn’t mean we should be steam rolling everyone. Seriously. Even if we had a fully fit squad firing on all cylinders and were sitting in the top 6, I’d still be happy with a point away at a v good Bournemouth side. 

The improvement is there for all to see. Rewind 6 weeks and we probably get battered 3 or 4-0 in this game. Now, we’re unlucky to drop 2 points. Yes it’s frustrating to concede in the last 10 and drop a 1-0 lead but you know what, you can plan all your like and have the perfect game plan but, sometimes poo happens. 

The wins will come. A new manager now would be nonesense and set us back another year of building. All these sack Cocu fanatics can bore off in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, TomG said:

I want Cocu to succeed, I really do, but he's not making it easy with his game management.  Some of his substitutions are bizarre to say the least.  He needs to be more positive, why bring Louie Sibley on in added time, why swap one CB for another, why not introduce CKR to give the opposition something different to think about.  I feel we could have and should have won today.  PC, stop trying to defend one goal leads!  On a more positive note, a point away at a newly relegated side who are sitting second in the league isn't a bad result, but oh what could have been.

Sibley came on at 90 minutes {!} but still ran 35 yards to set Bucannan up with a shot. Sibley should’ve been on at 60 minutes. CKR ALSO for Waghorn who was knackered and Lawrence was poor 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Interesting reading all the pessimists saying how bad we are and Cocu out yet the report on the game I read said Derby were resilient and would have been good value for the win and were unlucky to be pegged back. 

People need to chill out a bit. Just because most of our best first teamers are back doesn’t mean we should be steam rolling everyone. Seriously. Even if we had a fully fit squad firing on all cylinders and were sitting in the top 6, I’d still be happy with a point away at a v good Bournemouth side. 

The improvement is there for all to see. Rewind 6 weeks and we probably get battered 3 or 4-0 in this game. Now, we’re unlucky to drop 2 points. Yes it’s frustrating to concede in the last 10 and drop a 1-0 lead but you know what, you can plan all your like and have the perfect game plan but, sometimes poo happens. 

The wins will come. A new manager now would be nonesense and set us back another year of building. All these sack Cocu fanatics can bore off in my opinion 

We've dropped points from a winning position 3 games in a row, stop looking at this game in isolation.  Cocu's do nothing management was dreadful today. Subs were required after 60-65  mins today to try to change the clearly inevitable equaliser. I've been and continue to be a supporter of Cocu but after today I'm really wavering. The next 2 games are vital. A minimum of 4 points are required otherwise I think I'll join the cocu out brigade 

Archived