Sack cocu

dantheram

56 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

No club has the luxury of writing off the first nine games and giving the other teams a head start, especially not one that has gone public with their play off aspirations. It is shocking that we find ourselves in that position

I'm not completely naive and I agree that it's been a poor start - But I don't think anyone in or around the club 'wrote off' the opening games - But with the player issues we've had and the clubs we've had to face so far I disagree that it's shocking

I think it's shocking that Reading are top of the league by miles - Yet no-one seems to be accounting for how well they've started when judging our results

58 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Whose decision was it to sign Ibe, Duncan and Kazim-Richards? Why weren’t they signed earlier in the window? Why weren’t players who could hit the ground running signed instead? The staff knew these three players would need weeks and maybe even months to get in a position to play, contribute, and gel with other players. So how good was the decision making there?

Availability 

By all accounts we snapped up Ibe and Duncan pretty much as soon as they were considering offers - Oddly enough you can't sign players before they're willing to talk to you...

CKR was obviously a last minute call based on not landing Dursan

You can only improve by adding quality - We didn't have the money to go out and get it until we sold Bogle and Lowe - Once we did we've added quality - Do you think players of the standard of Jozwiak and Ibe are easy to find? Lawrence's grow on trees? 

What we sorely missed last season was the kind of quality we had on loan under Lampard - And Cocu has (I think) added that in Jozwiak and Ibe - But it's going to take time for them to get up to speed and/or fit

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Where does it say anything that I care what others think of us...?? I just think that no one does, we are totally blah...just nothing interesting about us at all....

and you geniunely think the EFL have treated us badly...? Really..?

They have treated us like poo

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Has anyone actually checked we have the right Cocu?

He hasn't got a cousin who worked down the docks and had a bad paper round?

I'm just thinking that the one we got looks a lot older than the one I saw at psv.

That's the Derby effect taking hold.

Clement looked like a tramp when he was sacked, yet arrived fresh faced from football university a few months prior.

Lampard had to move on too, once his salary wasn't covering the 'Just for Men' bill, Steve's hair island became a sandbank in time, and Rowett started wearing special comfortable shoes having arrived sporting Gazelles.

Even Pearson didn't escape unscathed, and now spends his spare time licking piss off dandelions rather than nettles.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Fair points, but if members of the coaching staff at the club are still openly saying that their target/expectation is ‘in and around the play-offs’, how can the fans be blamed for having unreasonable expectations?

Personally, I always thought we were in for a tough season and the lower reaches of the top half would be the height of our achievement. The bar was low, but we have taken it and dropped it even lower.

Whether it’s the fans, the owner, the players, everyone knows that this isn’t good enough as we should expect more of ourselves. We’re not in the position of Luton, Wycombe, Rotherham, Coventry and Barnsley and severely disadvantaged by competing in this division. If we were, the mood on this forum would be totally different.

I agree. any messages they Put out should be based on realism. Liam Rosenior is Perhaps a bit inclined to start over promising.
They would be criticised if the message is too downbeat.  it also depends on what MM’s expectations and goals are. And that’s not always very clear. 

Imo the emphasis should on building a new team, integrating the knights and sibleys etc, and accepting that this could cost us a few points. That might not sit too comfortably with the whole Rooney situation. If Rooney was benched to allow others to play, would mel be getting a bit annoyed? Anyway.....that’s a whole other issue. 

15 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I agree. any messages they Put out should be based on realism. Liam Rosenior is Perhaps a bit inclined to start over promising.
They would be criticised if the message is too downbeat.  it also depends on what MM’s expectations and goals are. And that’s not always very clear. 

Imo the emphasis should on building a new team, integrating the knights and sibleys etc, and accepting that this could cost us a few points. That might not sit too comfortably with the whole Rooney situation. If Rooney was benched to allow others to play, would mel be getting a bit annoyed? Anyway.....that’s a whole other issue. 

I am not sure if it’s over-promising but we do seem to be overestimating the scale of the task at hand.

We’ve probably looked at how last season went and how we picked up 38 points in the second half of the season and given ourselves a false sense of security.

I do think we’ll pick up and have a better run at some point, but I also find it likely that we have another run like the current one in us too.

So for me, 11-12th is what I am expecting (at this point, hoping and praying for) from this season. Next year is the one I am really excited about.

You mention Rooney and to be honest I’ll be glad when he’s no longer in contention. I think we have given him the royal treatment without realising how it will impact on the balance and development of the rest of the team.

Personally for me he should be an impact player off the bench. It concerns me that he is seemingly viewed as an automatic starter irrespective of fitness or performance.

Hopefully next year, we’ll step out of his shadow.

We need to be patient, how much time do you give him, a manager has to get the best out of the players he has.

Cocu needs to come up with a system that works for the players he has, not try and fit the players into a system he wants to play.

If supporters were allowed in Pride Park Cocu would have gone by now.

6 minutes ago, Rolleston said:

Look at the performances against Barrow, Reading, Preston, Blackburn, Watford the boos echoing around Pride Park would have been deafening

We were decent against Watford, preston as a cup game that we lost late on, barrow was a cup game that would of had about 10k max, Blackburn was the only one you’d of got boos from 

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Has anyone actually checked we have the right Cocu?

He hasn't got a cousin who worked down the docks and had a bad paper round?

I'm just thinking that the one we got looks a lot older than the one I saw at psv.

To be honest when Cocu was back in Holland he cant have been much older than Twente.

1 hour ago, Rolleston said:

We need to be patient, how much time do you give him, a manager has to get the best out of the players he has.

Cocu needs to come up with a system that works for the players he has, not try and fit the players into a system he wants to play.

If supporters were allowed in Pride Park Cocu would have gone by now.

How much money do you want to throw down the road sacking a Manager then replacing him with another who doesnt like the players we have. We are in unprecedented times with no income from match days and before you quote the MUPPETS from down the road who have signed a Zillion players then got a new manager , would he really have signed a third of them ? .......lets see how it turns out for them . I have faith in Cocu , give him his time , we've had a very tough opening to the season , held back by the EFL   transfer embargo , injuries, lets see how we stand playing the other teams that haven't just come down from the Prem with parachute payments and no hold ups to signing players. I think the EFL are like the playground bully , they didn't get their way with a big points deduction over the ground sale so they will try anything to get back at us . How come we get such a crap series of opening fixtures ? .........look at the bigger picture ,we are through them , others have to play those teams , HAVE A BIT OF FAITH !

Archived