Sack cocu

dantheram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Give it until Xmas at the earliest, let’s see how we perform with a fully fit Ibe, Bielik etc etc....got a foundation to work from now....

Look I agree with you he needs more time but unfortunately because of the start we’ve had he’s now in the position of needing wins to give him that time. 

Im confident with we’ve seen in the past few games we’re going to get back to back wins and this debate will be put off until Christmas (although who knows what the new owners will do).

For me we’re at the same point we were last season when we had those Charlton and Barnsley games back to back. These next two are huge

Just now, LazloW said:

Not like you to be so pessimistic.

Look at our home form since Project Restart.

5 points from a possible 24.

Anything less than six points would be grim.

We have no hope of turning the season around if we can’t win routine home games.

1 minute ago, timmo said:

We've dropped points from a winning position 3 games in a row, stop looking at this game in isolation.  Cocu's do nothing management was dreadful today. Subs were required after 60-65  mins today to try to change the clearly inevitable equaliser. I've been and continue to be a supporter of Cocu but after today I'm really wavering. The next 2 games are vital. A minimum of 4 points are required otherwise I think I'll join the cocu out brigade 

I’m not looking at this game in isolation, I’m looking at the season as a whole to date and thinking of the longer term. 
 I’m sick and tired of the whole mentality of sacking managers in the hope of (yes just a hope because that’s all it is) a change in fortunes after only a year or so at the helm. What has happened to football? Why do we not have managers of teams that have been at a club for 6-8-10 years any more and actually real stability and support from fans? 

What is it for the constant yearning of instant success and promotion to the premier league and a willingness to sacrifice everything else to achieve this? 
It just literally sucks all the joy out of following your team does it not? To be so constantly disappointed every week? That’s what I’m saying. It’s about time we stick by a manager through thick and thin and the tough times. I mean, he’s only been here for just over a year for gods sake and look at everything that he’s had to deal with in the meantime. 

If anything, all these people calling for him to go don’t ever look beyond the most recent result whilst choosing to ignore all the other factors to call for a sacking.

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Look I agree with you he needs more time but unfortunately because of the start we’ve had he’s now in the position of needing wins to give him that time. 

Im confident with we’ve seen in the past few games we’re going to get back to back wins and this debate will be put off until Christmas (although who knows what the new owners will do).

For me we’re at the same point we were last season when we had those Charlton and Barnsley games back to back. These next two are huge

But we have nearly 40 games to go ?

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The next two games are must win.

Anything less and I think Cocu will be gone.

With the new owners you might be right. But I’m agreeing with you too much recently. ?

QPR beat Cardiff and have good players, Barnsley just beat Watford, therefore if we take 4 points from next 6 should he be sacked? Don’t agree. Lose one of them maybe.

If we get 4 points he stays, but it puts him under extra pressure for the next run of games. I hope like the Charlton and Barnsley games at Christmas when we last had a big disagreement on Cocu that we win them both and end this debate for a few weeks and then hope we win some more games to end it permanently.

We will see, but with new owners who knows what could happen? We could win the next 2 and he’ll still be gone.

3 minutes ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

I’m not looking at this game in isolation, I’m looking at the season as a whole to date and thinking of the longer term. 
 I’m sick and tired of the whole mentality of sacking managers in the hope of (yes just a hope because that’s all it is) a change in fortunes after only a year or so at the helm. What has happened to football? Why do we not have managers of teams that have been at a club for 6-8-10 years any more and actually real stability and support from fans? 

What is it for the constant yearning of instant success and promotion to the premier league and a willingness to sacrifice everything else to achieve this? 
It just literally sucks all the joy out of following your team does it not? To be so constantly disappointed every week? That’s what I’m saying. It’s about time we stick by a manager through thick and thin and the tough times. I mean, he’s only been here for just over a year for gods sake and look at everything that he’s had to deal with in the meantime. 

If anything, all these people calling for him to go don’t ever look beyond the most recent result whilst choosing to ignore all the other factors to call for a sacking.

Spot on ?

The problem that I see is that as soon as we score we retreat into a low block and struggle to get further up the pitch. This is a mentally issue and must come from the coach. 

The substitutions are also beyond strange. Under Lampard you could actually see that he wanted to change a game when making a sub. With Cocu, substitutions are too late or plainly bizarre!

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But we have nearly 40 games to go ?

Look at the stats of where teams finish with starts as bad as ours. Usually it’s bottom 6. 

Its recoverable, we are in exactly the same position we were under Pearson when we sacked him. We recovered to 9th but had 2 more managers that season, 3 if you include Powell.

I think any notion of top 6 is well and truly out the window. To get top 6 now we’d have to average nearly 2 points a game from here on in. Not going to happen, it’s can we pull away and stay out of trouble as with a young team as ours i wouldn’t want to be in a relegation battle.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Spot on ?

Not looking at premier league. No chance Just hoping we stay up. Quarter of season gone. We need a good unbeaten run with a good smattering of wins. And no more bad runs like we have had so far, which includes back end of last season. Anyone can beat anyone in this division. Except us (one fortunate  win excepted)

His post match interviews are becoming repetitive, boring has sin to listen to.

Cant get the best out of the players he’s got. I’d question what exactly is our style of play for the past 12 month...Zero identity. 

We shat ourselves when a goal up and I am never convinced we have a manager who’s go balls out for a win at 1-0 down a’la Mac

Loss patience SOS Rafa ?

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

With the new owners you might be right. But I’m agreeing with you too much recently. ?

QPR beat Cardiff and have good players, Barnsley just beat Watford, therefore if we take 4 points from next 6 should he be sacked? Don’t agree. Lose one of them maybe.

If we get 4 points he stays, but it puts him under extra pressure for the next run of games. I hope like the Charlton and Barnsley games at Christmas when we last had a big disagreement on Cocu that we win them both and end this debate for a few weeks and then hope we win some more games to end it permanently.

We will see, but with new owners who knows what could happen? We could win the next 2 and he’ll still be gone.

Definitely agree with you that QPR and Barnsley can be dangerous on their day and that nothing can be taken for granted.

However we have won one in nine and already lost to Luton, Blackburn and Huddersfield, so we can’t afford to give away points.

If we don’t win the next two, the work we have done to go unbeaten in three and grind out results will be completely wasted.

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Look at our home form since Project Restart.

5 points from a possible 24.

Anything less than six points would be grim.

We have no hope of turning the season around if we can’t win routine home games.

We have just come through a tough month, one which some posters ( you know who you are) predicted no points.

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Definitely agree with you that QPR and Barnsley can be dangerous on their day and that nothing can be taken for granted.

However we have won one in nine and already lost to Luton, Blackburn and Huddersfield, so we can’t afford to give away points.

If we don’t win the next two, the work we have done to go unbeaten in three and grind out results will be completely wasted.

I can’t disagree ??

His tactics are fundamentally wrong. If he sent him team out to play like we did the first 20 then it’s be fun attacking football and we’d be destroying teams in this division. But when we score we just sit. And sit. And sit. And eventually concede then we’re holding on for dear life.  Mel needs to talk to cocu and say stop or you’re gone. It’s getting too much now. Soon itll force mels hand if the finances suddenly drop due to people not buying streaming passes

Archived